Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

They commemorated the anniversary of 9/11 with the Mayor and the Governor of New York. They lecture about and promote vaccine equality. They fly cross country promoting childhood literacy. They met with local businesses and committed funds. They had meetings in the World Health Organization and the UN.

They were accompanied with their own photographers and (reportedly) a Netflix camera crew as well. What you do is gather together enough footage and pictures of them both appearing super duper important. Hopefully you get some reactions which can be used to convey awe and admiration for the Sussexes e.g. the Mayor of New York throwing them an admiring glance, a school kid looking at them with sheer awe. It would be even better if some people cried because they were overwhelmed to be in their presence and at their generosity or have actual VIP people have a few minutes to spare in their schedules to stand in for a picture. You have Meghan dress in power outfits channeling Michelle Obama, you have her cosplaying as Angelina Jolie at the UN. In post-production, you then conjure up word salads about how they are authentic humanitarians and organically compassionate people. You deliver it with a nauseatingly syrupy narration and all told you have a very expensive final product to market their brand.

In reality you just have a couple of increasingly irrelevant people, in a crowded field of wannabe influencers, engaging in a last throw of the dice chasing a profile which is simply unattainable given their talent, funding, reputation and status.

I remember reading about William and Kate’s three day visit to New York in 2014. Comparing it to Harry and Meghan’s three day visit shows the stark disparity in their status and pulling power. William and Kate also stayed at the Carlyle Hotel. Kate visited a Child Development Center in Harlem. They both attended the British Consul’s residence. They attended a basketball game to commemorate a partnership with the Royal Foundation and the NBA. They attended a reception promoting cultural services. They visited the 9/11 memorial and museum. They attended an anniversary dinner at the Met Museum of Art. However, to finish, there was a quick jaunt to D.C. where William met with Obama at the White House. A head of state meeting with a future head of state. It’s a level of pulling power and power clout which Prince Harry will simply never have. The Cambridges certainly didn’t need to bring their own photographers and camera crew.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Their causes feel like things they latched onto because they are advantageous to the couple, rather than a deep desire to help those the charity supports. Take for example Michelle Obama. You know that she cares about childhood education. That she's passionate about literacy. That she cares about child nutrition and childhood obesity. Ditto with Angelina Jolie, while there was a spate of white rich women adopting children of colour as some sort of uncomfortable trend, her involvement with the UN, and her own charity work in that area over the last couple of decades suggests that she actually does give a sh!t what happens in the world and it doesn't feel like she's in it for the money.

They are a poor copy of a decent original. If you ordered Michelle Obama from Wish, you'd get Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

She wants to be respected like Michelle and Kate but she is too transparent about her love of fame and the dollar to be taken seriously.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Neither of them have any credibility in relation to the causes they claim to espouse.

Climate change is very topical, so an obvious bandwagon for them to jump aboard. The fact that they cannot see that they are preaching to the great unwashed, while doing the complete opposite, including flying on private planes, the display in NY with SUVs and whatever else, is mind boggling.

'Do as I say and not as I do' doesn't even begin to describe their hypocrisy.

Gossip seen on Instagram.

• Advertisement

Fab dress ( slightly off topic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Think that’s nearly the best Kate has ever looked in fairness.

Eyes up, Mr Bond!

Reckon Meghan would have loved to be there. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Genuinely stunning...and the dress was reportedly "only" $4k as well.

Pretty much gracing every front page in tomorrow's papers and unsurprisingly so.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ahhhh, so that's why Meghan was bundled up for a NY winter when by all accounts the weather was very mild and it just looked odd.

Kate looks very glamorous. She always keeps it elegant and classic and it suits her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There were also photos of Harry apparently with a wire from his back pocket, and around his neck. The big galoot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028007/Wire-poking-Harrys-pocket-suggests-Meghan-recording-trip-Netflix-Spotify.html

Kate looks stunning!

She really does. The first pictures I saw of the dress it was a small one so I initially thought it looked a bit garish, but seeing the close up pictures it's a fabulous gown, and very 'her'. Camilla also looks great. If I scrub up that well when I'm her age I'll be happy.

Kate knocked it out of the park, for sure.

I agree, Camilla looks great too. She generally gets it absolutely right, or her dresser does, and last night was no exception.

I saw one clip of photographer's taking their photos at the Harlem school. Someone, possibly paparazzi, shouted out "Madam Duchess, how does it fee to be back in New York". To which Meghan replied "wonderful".

Now to me, if I didn't care about titles, and wanted to be my own person, I would have thought that would have been an opportunity for her to say "call me Meghan" or something disarming like that. Instead she seemed to take the title as a form of fuel for her faux-regal appearance. It's amazing how the little things can sometimes speak volumes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

"Someone, possibly paparazzi, shouted out "Madam Duchess, how does it fee to be back in New York". To which Meghan replied "wonderful"."

Well that just sounds like one of their PR team!

FFS, "Madam Duchess" 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

It's always the blow-ins that are full of notions and demand to be treated more royally than the rest 😁

*points discreetly to Princess Michael of Kent*

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/princess-michael-of-kent-ways-this-royal-is-the-most-embarrassing-in-modern-times.html/

It's yet another thing that puzzles me about those two. Stepping away from the royal family, but they still want to use the titles and have all the trappings. It makes me wonder are they both as thick as mince.

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Camilla dresses so we’ll and usually has the best hats.

• Advertisement

That’s a brilliant account of Princess Michael 😑

I think it’s fair to say herself and Megan unlikely trade Christmas cards.

I think they wanted no part of the royal family and all the duty and protocol that goes with that. They much prefer the high life without any of the responsibility.

Perhaps they are motivated in using their connections for good and making the most of the kind of platform those connections will bring. They do need to make money though and rather than step away completely from public life and be regular, well the thought I'm sure fills them with dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

these two are keeping all the body language guys amused

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

This is chilling. For me, this shows what's said and predicted here numerous times. She has no real feelings of love for Harry, it's all about the glamour, 'fame' and money. She's disrespecting Harry and the whole marriage is a scam.

It also shows what a whimp he is /has become? Showing this obvious feelings of disappointment because she doesn't react to him in front of a camera.

Like written so often here, he will definitely be kicked out sooner or later for whatever reason, fighting to see his kids and thinking: what have I done, I have lost my mind completely the last years with this woman and breaking with my family.

But then, I have no pity for him either, he must be really, really stupid, sold his brains or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Not even eye contact.

Looks like it could be a scene from The Office it is so cringe worthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Neither have I, anything that happens is on him the stupid twat.

haha, exactly. The Office, that's her level anyway, Suits is similar, although worse, not even funny, with horrible characters all around...she doesn't had to act much...😲😝

I was slightly curious as to when that happened. According to comments on Twitter it was while they were engaged. I almost felt sorry for him there. Almost. 😉

• Advertisement

god, makes it even worse, thought it was just yesterday or so.

I bet you can bet😁 in the bookies about the timeframe this marriage is over...I'm tempted to bet..😊

Advertisement