Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• I have one for Liveline!

Started a new interactive online coding course last night, and on the first lesson a voice came up something like this:

”Yes, well done, it’s that simple, unless of course you have special needs.”

How very unwoke an dat. I should really phone Joe over this one, it would gain quite some traction!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

Are you free tomorrow at 1:45?

Be prepared to have every death and tragedy in your life brought up and plastered across the airways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Would you have any unwellness in the family caller? Any cast downedness? Do you know anyone who does? How did you get on during the pandemic? Any chance you could ignore glaring reality and propose something woke and unworkable? If so, charge your phone, you could be a while.

• I’ve been on twice before, caller. First time was about death & transplantation.

• Plenty of unwellness and misery, caller. But I’m good at controlling de narrative to de point de line gets bad.

• Advertisement

They're running with the clip of Imelda May saying if you want something done, go to Joe Duffy as their advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm listening to RTE's Flagship News programme, morning Ireland and their MAIN news story 🙄

Britney Spears 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Says it all really, get your License Fee my arse, 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I noticed that too on my drive in to work, was actually surprised it was the lead. BBC over here was the same! All singing from the same hymn sheet it would seem. Fluff news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

From the mica redress FB page

Caller driven show lads..... 😏

"Collectively we had many people call the show today as well as email and I don’t know how many tweets I’ve sent alone. Myself an others AGREED to go on AIR. This was the excuse initially that was given to me that nobody would speak. Obviously now proven as false.

None of us were called back to speak.

Make of it what you will…this was an executive decision.

They’d rather talk about dogs and spiders.

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time out to call…

The RTÉ radio flagship show Liveline has to date ignored repeated texts, calls, and emails on the defective blocks issue.

I am asking EVERYONE to call, or text, or email the show at 12.30 this coming Monday 27th.

Contact details in photo.

Ask WHY the defective block issue has been ignored by his show?

A show a few weeks ago was dedicated ENTIRELY to weeds growing in Deansgrange cemetery."

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I've mentioned it before, but Joe and the crew have dug themselves into a hole now with the Mica crisis. They've left it so long that if they did pick it up, any call they take they'll get an earful on air for ignoring it for so long. Not quite the "man of the people" image Joe is trying to convey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

but when they are 30 they will be doctors.

fkkng guards up there with teachers as useless. was out in galway last friday roaming kid hoons about not a sign of guards whole night fk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Not in Dublin = Duffy couldn't give a fiddlers.

We all know at this stage that the programme is a vehicle through which the host and production team submit invoices to RTE and pursue pet projects. The listeners don't matter, they are probably seen as a nuisance most of the time unless they fill the role of "old person blathering on mindlessly to kill time".

Touché, but any notion Joe was ever the man of the people was clearly absurd. He sticks to topics he's obsessed with (normally involving, pain, anguish, occasional death, all things Graveyard and of course Ballymun. Without going into to much detail, I put in emails over the years relating to people who had both indirect and direct connections to Joe and people he knows personally and featured on the show, all of course unanswered and certainly not discussed on air.

Joe will only deal with stories he thinks he can stir a little Poo into the mix , rarely are Topics discussed that are properly researched and going on some recent episodes, some callers definitely not vetted. I personally don't think he gives a fiddlers about anything beyond his quite narrow mind.

I primarily listen because of the humor aspect of some of the absurd topics and bizzare caller deluded notions, I'd certainly never expect Joe to deal with anything coherent or truly meaningful.

Redress scheme being discussed next on Claire Byrne show

Pretty much sums up the typical caller led show that live line is 😁 enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

His Joe is getting very ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Expect nothing to be covered on this national scandal.

Sugary rim, my arse.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/virgin-media-guests-risqu-joke-21718641

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

That's a 10/10 for Ronan playing "wake me up when September ends".

Joe's level is more like being entertained that imedla mays surname is 'may' and then saying MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY over and over again. He truly is an imbecile.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,565 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tday...

• Good day for Waterford, best place to live in Ireland. SF Councillor objecting to a bad news story next to this good news story.
    • People trying to get mortgages whoyle they rent.

• Advertisement

Joe today.

Waterford the best place to live in Ireland. JOE VOMITED INTO HIS CODDLE HEARING THIS! Something to do with local papers but he made an absolute balls of it.

People cot in the middle of housing crisis. Prepare for some bizzare niche non typical story.

Clip of Joe talking over an old lady from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

The Cultural Quarter, boss?

I vouch for Dunmore East, fabulous place but Waterford city as the best place to live a bit of a stretch 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Newspaper reports news - the horror, I'm offended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

is pitch black racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

da best news Waterford could ever hope for I suppose

Joe just upset the entire population of Waterford City (insecure) 😳

• Advertisement

OH, ffs, move on.

It's nothing. Just a load of old bollox.

Advertisement