Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are they going to run into problems with Rivals rewards being terrible and at least half the players being locked out of WL? The gap between teams will just grow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't claim my rewards as I'm in the office and they've disabled rewards on the app for some reason, regardless they're terrible packs. Wouldn't have bought this game at all if not for Keane coming out tomorrow so hopefully that along with the increased player base will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, they were awful. Went with the option that game me the most coins (14k). Rivals rewards went from being 4-6 packs untradeable every week to just one pack….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

My div 9 rewards pack got me Pogba and Rudiger, Pog is best pull so far. Feck all from the 4,600 points from Ultimate Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Yeah, surely they will have to do something about the Rivals rewards? I mean, I know it's not a lot of games you need to play to get them, but come on, 1 pack is just not good enough or worthwhile.

Then there's the issue that so many people are now stuck in Rivals purgatory as they are getting matched up with crazily good players, even in the likes of division 7!

I've done all the Advanced SBC's, have created a team I'm happy with, have invested all my coins in players I think will go up in price in the coming weeks, yet don't really want to play Rivals for the above reasons and there's no objectives to do of any note.

Now I'm asking myself what can else can I actually do?

I know it's early days and things should improve on Friday with general release making progress through Rivals divisions possible, objective cards, SBC's etc, but even with that there doesn't seem a whole lot to keep people engaged with 1) awful Rivals packs and 2) the almost impossible task for players ranked Gold 1 and below to qualify for FUT Champs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I am loving the game play although massive mistake to have everybody starting in division 10.

I am loving the move away from speed been the only deciding factor. It seems attacking positioning really makes up for lack of speed with Cavani. Unusable in a lot of recent FIFAS but absolutely banging them in for me this year.

I agree on players like that.

I have Toney and Kane (sometimes use a 4411 with Kane behind) and they can score crosses for fun.

People are really sleeping on crosses still. I played about 4 games yesterday and scored two crosses in two games.

Kane being two footed as well helps a lot.

You still don't want slow wing backs or wingers but for sure with the improvement in crossing on next gen, its worth a lot of goals in that alone.

Man, I really want the Di Natale Hero card for my Serie A team:

He looks absolutely insane to be honest.

4 star/4 star, med/low workrates (high/low would be perfect I know), and an engine all but maxes out his pace, dribbling and passing stats, with his shooting all in the 90's anyway.

Any price predictions for this card upon release? Given he's Serie A I'm hoping he won't be too in demand but I reckon at least 1 million coins from the off?

My investment on 84's better pay off soon! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Think I'll play the bare minimum of rivals with my m8 and let all the good players advance first.

I was in div 1 the whole of last FIFA but i got there by playing coop......objectives were a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I'm in division six and have lost five in a row, all tight games. Came up against Mbappe and Haaland a few times and they've both ran riot against my defence.

Decided to scrap my La Liga side and go for Seria A. Got the beast Koulibaily in and have built a team for under 100k with Davies being untradeable. Most of my coins are tied up in high rated fodder so I'll have to wait a while to upgrade further. Looking forward to getting that Felipe Anderson IF card and maybe Dybala. Will give the old 352 a run out this evening and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its the only reason I bought the damn game... then afterwards realized that those heroe cards were only for very early buyers and I'm stuck with some useless otw card when it gets out.

Loved Di Natale's card throughout the years...from himself and Pato to himself and Miccoli ripping defenses apart ..absolutely great fun.

Missed out on the Hero pre-order too.

Being realistic, none of us are going to get him in that free Hero pack anyway mind. It'll be nothing but the Saudi and Russian player followed by the one in about 10 million who gets Ginola or Di Natale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did some trading, had some decent but not amazing packs, and sold up absolutely everything (every tradeable consumable, kit, stadium theme, etc.) and I'm up to 840k and some untradeable fodder - including Eder Militao, Pogba, and Aubameyang who are all staying in my team.

Definitely enough to buy Keane regardless but hoping he's around 400k at most so I can pick up Mid Roy Keane as well and persist with the two of them for the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

im Hoping there’s some objectives added for OTW tonight, cause otherwise it’s basically playing seven games and then putting it down for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody any trading tips for this year? Finally got transfer market access on the app last night and need to try to make up for lost time! Haven’t played properly since 20.

EA just unexpectedly lowered the price range of gold Zakaria from 15k to 11k thus **** over my investment.. had him at 8k with a shadow, was rising at 9.5k with a shadow at lunch. Need to try offload them now.

The game really needs a patch already.

The cursor change.. God knows if they can even patch that but its actually worse than last year.

The long pass is too risky now as it's just latching onto whoever and ignoring the power.

I put my corners to one bar.. I had 6 in the box in my last game... sorry but that makes no sense. You were exposed on attacking corners last year but this year is even worse.

I'll just have to stop crossing them if 1 bar still amounts to 2/3s of the team pushed on.

Player instructions seems broken as well. My stay back to the CDMs is ignored way too much and the wing backs seem to ignore it as well, way more than 2021 and leave you exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Have played 7 of the qualifier games for the weekend league now and am 4-3. Need one more win to qualify. I still haven't got the hang of this yet. I seem to get loads of shots off but keeper saves everything. There isn't a single attacking scenario I'm confident I will score in yet.

Whilst I think the game is a marked improvement on last years mess there are still issues. Player switching would honestly break your heart.

Not sure how much playability this has for me though. Rewards are shocking and I refuse to spend any more money on points than I got with the ultimate edition. Kane my most expensive player by a distance.

I just came up against a team in Div8 with the following

Mbappe, Messi

Stoickov, Llorente, Kante, Best\

Robertson, Van Dijk, Varane, Trent

Allison.

His subs were Owen and Socrates (all icons were mids) and other crazy cards.

Seriously it had to be a streamer who has spent grands on a team at the very start. Or a complete gambling addict.

Drew 3-3 with him though :) with my 60k team against his 4-5 mill team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Some players are ridiculously cheap.

Nicolas Pepe, Greenwood, Daniel James, Lengket, Calhangoul, Lucas Hernandez, Ruben Neves.... all are around 1000. Grab a few of each, list them for 3100 coins (or 2100 if you're feeling less adventerous) and just keep relisting over and over and over. Not even massively bothered about trading this year, and have 300k in spare coinage doing that.

EDIT: Some others. Van De Beek. Matip. Leon Bailey and Harry maguire for a little bit more investment. Pau Torres.

• Advertisement

Had 4 Maguires sell today for 4.5k from doing that. Have some Felipe as well but he’s not selling.. only sold 2 of those total.

Another decent tip for tomorrow is to pick up some of the popular advanced SBC players - likes of Brazilians/French/Portuguese in off-leagues. Big influx of new players that’ll want to be doing the advanced SBCs as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Thanks, need to try and play a little catch up to get a serviceable squad before the meat is established and some player prices inflate. Bought Kane this evening and he's great, him and Griezmann up front actually make a decent pairing although Greizmann's weak foot lets him down.

I played against a true speed merchant for the first time as well this evening with a front pairing of Vinicius JR TOTW & Dembele. Vinicius Jr card is just something else, I don't know if it was the pace or what but it felt like "Game Flow" was well and truly present. Every time he'd pick up the ball and run at me my defenders would just part (and I play 5 at the back!) and no amount of player switching would let me control the CB closest to him until it would be too late. It was also the first card I've played with or against that didn't seem to have any trouble finishing 1 on 1's.

Hoping Rudiger wins POTM although everyone will vote for CR7.

Really enjoying my Serie A team.

Bought it for 200k last weekend and it's now worth 250k due to a rise on some players, but still extremely cheap for what it is.

Koulibaly and Kessie are two absolute beasts!

7 wins from 8 in Rivals tonight, up to division 7.

Loving the gameplay so far despite the couple of obvious issues (e.g. player switching).

It's so enjoyable when you come up against players who you know would have destroyed you with purely chaining skill moves together last year, only for them to not have a clue what to do differently now that you actually have to change your play style to something resembling an actual football match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is Kane a good investment at 23k? Might stock a few

Ronaldo nailed on to get it and then everyone will whinge about why they can't afford him at 2 million coins!

We should get the Antonio August POTM tomorrow, right?

Ah feck Antonio will be the Pukki of this game.

Stadia is working like a dream for me so going to load up on 12000 FIFA points out of the few Bob I had set aside for a PS5. Will probably get nothing but enough coins to stock up on low priced 85+ plus teams will give me a decent headstart when the player SBC's start coming.

I played a fella earlier who had Ederson, Varane, VVD, Cancelo, F.Mendy, KDB, Fernandes, Kante, Ronaldo, Sarr, Mane.

I won 2-1 with an 89th min goal but tbh it was literally the most undeserved 1-1 possible until that point where the strength of his team got him level on that alone.

I played another guy after who had Ederson and again, he saved shots a robot wouldn't have, and between those two games I've decided to get Ederson(had Lloris), and I had no intention of upgrading my goalie any time soon.

He was that ridiculous in those two games I just had to follow suit.

• Advertisement

Apparently De Gea is the bee’s knees again with the save with feet trait.

Auzio was raving about him easily on and so was NealsGuides

Advertisement