Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Cruel Ending

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know it's a clichéd response, however it does sound like you dodged a bullet.

To me, it sounds like she's either half mad as no normal sane person books a holiday a week before randomly breaking up with someone. If not that then she's slippery as a snake. All smiles and making plans while she was thinking / gearing up to break up with you. Into using someone territory then.

To be honest it sounds like the veil dropped and the real person came out. Surprised it took a year. However as you say you and your family thought she was genuine. Maybe just good at hiding her real self. To a point of course as here we are.

Ps, not that it matters but I reckon the 600 was the money she got from her mate to go on the holiday. Surprised she gave it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭The Silver Branch

Oh sorry, I read that wrong. Thought it was 600 given back with 300 missing (900 in total) I get you now. Ah, nothing you can do man. I know you're probably hurting a little (hence the thread) but you'll be fine in time. Sure with 7+ billion people on this planet, cruel and messy breakups happen every day of the week.

They surely do! Live and learn! Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Very strange situation. A year is quite a length of time to be seeing someone for them to just suddenly cut all ties overnight.

OP how much time would you have spent with them each week? Are they local?

She knows she fcuked up and didn't want to explain herself, that's why she blocked you on everything. Dirty individual.

• Advertisement

Would generally meet 2 full days a week. 50 miles away.

A fair distance. Towards the end was it you making the trip to see her and not the other way round?

In fairness 50/50. It had never been a problem for her or me.

I'm going to ask to close the thread as there aren't really any answers. Believe me I was very introspective and beating myself up on every part of mine in the relationship.

But the coldness of the discard and finding out that she booked a holiday under a friend's name, with my money going halves on it, a week before breaking up led me to be less harsh on myself.

Why open a thread here, type it out, let it be cathartic. But what's done is done. I don't know her reasons, I never will. Time to make a fresh start.

So whoever closes these threads, feel free to do so.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and contributions. It could be a lot worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement