Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I got my overall season ticket about 5 minutes back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Anyone else trying to contact future ticketing and having an awful hard time?

It's switches between getting through to the Connacht ticket line & the premier sports account line (using the same number) both of which say they are too busy to take a call etc call back later .......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No Conor Fitzgerald in the 23. Injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Maybe but would guess the 6-2 split is more to do with Bulls plan to take Connacht on in the pack. Daly can do a job at ten.

I didn’t realise Papali’i was available, thought he had longer ban. Hopefully he has spent last few months welI and got to grips with tackling technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Doubt it, say we've just opted to trust Daly/Hansen as 10 cover in order to get an extra back row on the bench. Hopefully its just a horses for courses selection for taking on a big South African pack.

Seems like we are hoping to match them physically and then raise the pace in the last 25/30, with the likes of Blade, Boyle, Delahunt and Oliver coming off the bench. Excited to see Fifita in action, Wilkins was majorly talking him up in the media during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Yeah been trying all day and can't get through. Very frustrating.

I tried ringing the branch office a few times aswell and no answer there either.... will report back if I get anywhere but not hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Any information about the injury to Gavin Thornbury?

He hasn't played since the game against Leinster at the start of May and is now listed as recovering from a longterm injury to the shoulder. Although I have faith in Dowling and Murray to continue their development in the row, a big concern is that GT is Connacht's top turnover winner and has become a pretty inspirational figure in the forwards in general.

Anyway, hopefully he will make a full re overy in the not too distant. Very unlucky for him in a period where he might otherwise have won some Irish caps. But if he picks up where left off, that opportunity will come round again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Pretty sure last week it was mentioned he was out untill at least the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I emailed them and they sent me out tickets for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Thanks, one of the ladies from the branch rang me back last night and took my payment and arranged my ticket to be sent out.

Mentioned they were having a lot of trouble with the ticketing partner and phone lines.

Jake White gave an "interesting" answer to Marcus Horan when asked what he knew about Connacht, basically said we have a lot of guys from Leinster who couldn't get capped there so came down to try and catch the eye of the larger provinces again.

Hopefully we can show there is a lot more to us than that!!!

Couldn't make it in tonight but how's the weather holding up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Stands look pretty packed - strange sight after so long

Shocking defense

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Brutal defence. Asleep at a ruck and through a hole near midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Doesnt look to me like papali has been working in reducing his tackle height much

Plenty errors in the first few minutes. Carrying on from last week.

No it doesn't. Hopefully if he is more in control he will be able to stay lower.

Too many mistakes. Should have taken the points at this stage in the game

Credit where credit is due, great mail, great try

• Advertisement

Couple errors from TOH giving the Bulls entry into the Connacht 22. Don't want to be giving them cheap territory.

Might get lucky here, all borderline. Poop. Wasn't allowed

Lovely try but might have been a forward pass in there. Was tight.

Looked like a dodgy tackle on Farrel I think in the run up to the disallowed try.

Great awareness by carty

Lineout still bad.

That's 3 clearing kicks that have been blocked down now. Our exits from the 22 have been very shaky. Inviting pressure.

Yup, not sure what the issue is, protection? Kick height?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

That's as good a defensive half as I've seen from Connacht recently, the Bulls will be raging. Carty has been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

For me that was a shocking first half. The lineout without Gavin is seemingly non-functional. The absolutely mental passing doesn't allow the team to know what's going to happen next. Then the blocked down kicks are such basic errors you could cry. This type of rugby will get Connacht nowhere. This is headless chicken stuff. Only player I am impressed with is Prendergast so far. What a crazy stupid performance. Connacht should be better than this but instead this is all backwards stuff

• Advertisement

Nice try Hansen

Advertisement