Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Milner coming off on 65 mins tells us all we need to know about Trent not being fit for Sunday. They need Milner rested for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Was thinking the same watching the game. Let's be honest Porto were terrible. They gave us so much space particularly down the flanks. When the score was still 1-0 I recall thinking we were particularly wasteful of very good positions. Mane and Jota lost the ball many times. Jones and particularly Henderson tried some weird crosses that nobody else saw coming and therefore nobody got on the end of. Robertson's delivery could be better given the amount of effort he puts in to overlapping and getting in to good positions. Actually thought Milner put in some dangerous balls and crosses last night and did well. I think we did better in the second half and were less sloppy. Not criticizing just an observation of a period in the game I found frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Porto really don't want to draw us in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Klopp said he won't be available until after the international break in the post match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looking towards Sunday and I presume it will be the same team bar maybe Bobby in for Jota?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jota saving his goals for when we need them said Klopp. Would still rather start Jota, I think Firmino still needs some bench time, in reality though they'll both get lots of minutes against City I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Lovely concept, i wish they saved three from last night for city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I thought we were so sloppy last night in the final third, dominated the game but the final pass was awful. Porto were rotten though and that keeper was doing his best Karius tribute he could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Moreno about 2 inches away from scoring an own goal there a few mins ago.

Might not necessarily be a bad thing tbh, the longer Ole is at the wheel the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Gas watching this Utd game - they're so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Yeah, I'm wondering is it wrong to want them to get a result so Ole stays longer.

At the moment the only manager that is free that I would worry that United would go for is Conte. Hoping Spurs or Barca are looking for a manager before United.

Although I could see United skip over Conte and try to get Zidane!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I just don't see Zidane living in England for a team that can't win the CL in may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I suspect Zidane will be in the running for the Juventus job next time around. Ronaldo must be wondering why he left Italy, or why he didn’t go to the blue side of Manchester.

If MU got Conte, they might actually be a very good team.

True unless United throw stupid money at him.

Zidane will probably be Juventus, PSG or French national team for next move.

Yeah I think you're right. Not a lot of other clubs out there for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good stuff, Ole needs to pick up enough points that they don't sack him.

If they get Conte in i would be worried, mad they did'nt go after him or Allegri last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Or Pochetino who was available at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

The great Pochetino who couldn't win the French league last season?

He's got to be the most overrated manager in the world. Will be gone from PSG this year as well when he eventually fails in the champs league.

Conte would make them straight title contenders I think but the fans probably wouldn't like his style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

PSG leads the Ligue 1 already by 9 points, and they have only played 8 matches. Let's give the manager a full season before making pronouncements on how rubbish he is.

As for Conte, I would be interested to see what he does with the attacking talent in the team. They are very lopsided though, very good attack but midfield is average and we will have to see with that defense. If you make the team more defensively solid, you take away from the attack. That is Solskjaer's problem at the moment. He knows Fred and McTominay is the best midfield, but it takes away from the attack as it means someone will lose out. Last night they had all the big hitters on the field, with Rashford injured. But when he is back one, someone will sit on the bench and it is going to be hard to justify that if the team loses.

Some tasty matches for the next 5 for United - Everton (H), Leicester (A), Liverpool (H), Tottenham (A) and City (H). We will see how they perform in those matches, that will give us a better idea where they are this year.

I don’t know if PSG leading the french league can be seen as an indicator that Poch is a very good manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Even if you did, it was about 3 years ago but I've seen it referred to approximately 100 times by the same couple of posters, it's beyond boring tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Imagine someone having a take on football &it ends up wrong , Happens to us all ,

Getting a bit worried with no news of the Salah contract ,

The fella is in outrageously good form & i reckon can play deep into his 30's ,

It's almost like the arrival of a certain Portuguese chap to the Prem has lit a fire under Mo again , not that he wasn't brilliant last season but he seems to be pushing on again ,

Also it seems like Mane is back close to top form i wonder was the pressure to keep up with Mo getting to him a bit, making him snatch at chances & be extra hard on himself,

I think accepting that Mo's goal scoring is unmatchable mite just allow Mane up to play with more freedom again or i could be talking absolute SH*T

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭BobHopeless

As long as they keep pulling out the odd result like last night im happy. Ole is absolutely clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Yeah, but the criticism was he wasn't any good because they didn't win the league last year and now winning the league isn't an indication either.

I don't have an opinion either way. He did well with a Spurs team that didn't have the funds thrown at it like other teams. So he does have something about him.

PSG isn;t a great job for someone like Poch in my opinion,

I'm aware that sound made because he gets paid, massive wages, he gets to manage world class players & he get to go far in the champions league , but its kind of a hands off job isn't it,

He doesn't have much say on who comes in , you have to play a style to suit your super stars & there ego's, little say in the youth system or young player development , its more of man management job than a job for a good coaches job , its a bit like the Madrid job has been for years ,

Like Klopp would hate it there i reckon , can't get your hands dirty & really get into the nitty gritty of building your own identity on the club ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, totally agree… like, I think he’ll do fine there and all, but it’s a job that doesn’t use his biggest strengths of being able to build a high energy high pressing creative team. Without being able to bring in players that suit that ethos it’s impossible to do. It’s just a mismatch in ideal styles. He could well still succeed at PSG, but I don’t think failing there necessarily means all that much in terms of the jobs that would actually suit him. Think he’ll still be able to go into a team willing to buy into his work ethic, or a team with a tight budget and work wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

October Games

Does it look like Gini is going to be a bit part player, or was he carrying an injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think that Brighton game is on Premier Sports here in Ireland too. Nice clean sweep of TV games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

On the road for most of October

Klopp breaks ground on the new Anfield Road stand expansion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Should he not be out working on the training ground getting ready for Sunday and not out sorting the foundations for the new stands.

Fecking FSG the cheapskates won't even pay builders and have our manager double jobbing. Next they'll have TAA out driving the diggers, Robbo mixing cement, CBs erecting steel and Hendo on health and safety.

FSG out.

😃

• Advertisement

I'd say Robbo would be well up for mixing cement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Missing Alisson and Fabinho for Watford if they go to Brazil as they are playing the day before, with Liverpool then playing at 12:30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just heard Naby Lad is out for another two months after twisting his ankle putting his steel toe boots on. 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

It's such a disgrace that they were allowed play an extra Copa over the summer rather than catching up on their world cup qualifiers while now just expecting the clubs that the players play for and the players themselves to suffer the consequences.

Extra Copa, or delayed? Very similar to delayed Euros.

• Advertisement

I'm 95% sure it was an extra Copa, to celebrate the centenary of Conmebol or something like that. At least that's what Tim Vickery has been saying for months now on 5 Live's World Football Phone In.

Edit: a quick google search tells me Conmebol was founded 105 years ago, not 100 so maybe it was something else but either way it Tim Vickery who was saying they should have caught up on their world cup fixtures over the summer instead of playing the Copa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It was both! It was an extra Copa to be held in 2020 (the previous was 2019) and the ended up delayed a year!

Yeah but after everything that happened some of the countries involved wanted to scrap it as there wasnt enough time in the calendar, not to mention safety concerns. I think it was the Brazilian players played it under protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

They did I think yeah! I agree with you tho they had WC games to make up and the Copa could have been sacrificed as it was, like you say, an extra one! The Euros was different as there wasn’t one held in 2019 and holding it didn’t impact the European WC calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, was 100% an extra one. They were shifting the calendar by a year from odd to even years and decided to shove an extra one in - despite there already having been Copa's in 2015, 2016 (centinario), and 2019. So the plan was to play yet another extra one in 2020, and then go back to a 4 year cycle with the next in 2024. It was nuts to have scheduled that 2020 one in the first place, and even more ridiculous to persist with it after/amidst Covid. Just a tournament no-one wanted, even before the massive backlog of fixtures piled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

Woooho WE GO AGAIN 

Finally given access to the group after a too long time , I'm not the biggest of posters but I love the banter and different opinions that get thrown around here ,

Opinions are like Ass holes

They say

Everyone has one

And thinks theirs is the only One That  doesn't Stink

There ya go. This is what I meant to say! 😊

Absolute madness for them to plan it in the first place and then go ahead with it after everything that has happened in the past 18 months. And then for them to have the gall to ask FIFA to block the premier league players from being able to play after they didnt turn up for international duty a few weeks ago was shocking, even moreso when you factor in that some of those players lost parent's recently and didn't even return home for that.

An absolute cock up on their part on "reading the room" so to speak. I honestly dont know how they can expect players to miss 3 or 4 matches for their clubs due to mandatory quarantine upon returning to England after playing matches that could already have been played over the summer after THEY made the decision not to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

My scouts are telling me Liverpool should sign Florian Wirtz. hashtaginsidescoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BARCA WANT ‘LOW-COST’ SALAH NEXT SUMMER

The same publication reckons Barcelona are looking to put themselves in a position to sign Mo Salah next summer and they seem genuinely optimistic about the prospect.

The story goes that Salah is open to a change of scene, despite Liverpool‘s keenness to tie the forward down to a new deal.

Salah will have a year remaining on his current terms come the end of the season and Barca, who need to source ‘low-cost players’, reckon Salah might fall into that category.

Apparently, Barca ‘guarantees Salah just what he is looking for’. Which might be true if he is looking for a basket case of a club who can barely afford to pay the players they already have.

Silly season is fantastic this time of year

Thiago giving Elliott a lift back from the Team photo.

Injured boys stick together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement