Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

3rd time having a crack at getting tickets tonight,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deramore

They were on sale at 5 there, very easy process compared to previous mess. Had all categories for the QFs and the Ireland matches

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Any one know will there be any more tickets offered online?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone know of any travel agents doing packages without tickets included or if you bought your own tickets are you out of luck and have to sort everything yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Why do you need a travel agent to book a flight and hotel in France?

Tickets are where they make their money so most if not all only sell packages with tickets. Harder to rip people off on flights and a hotel.

Just for simplicities sake of course, I'll happily do it myself but was just wondering if any packages with no tickets existed

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eirecoffee

Hope this is the right place to ask this. This is my first time planning a trip to a World Cup and I'm looking for some help / advice from people who have attended previous World Cups. I am sorted for match tickets. I have the follow my team packs for Ireland and for Japan, so a nice amount of cities to travel.

Where are the best places to be booking hotels? I expect prices to skyrocket on match days, but would be good to be in the same locality as other fans. Also, what is the best time to book hotels? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Does public transport run with better service / extended hours with the World Cup on?

Will there be any fan meet ups / pubs that are the go-to place / organised events on the days around matches?

Thanks for the help,

EC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Best time to book hotels is as soon as humanly possible - that probably means about a year out. Just get as central as you can, where you stay will be less important than where people are congregating and no matter where that is it will be easier to get to if you are staying central.

Public transport in France is pretty good anyway in general, though they will put on extra transport to the hellhole that is St Denis for the matches alright.

Get around France on trains and book them in advance for cheaper rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chief_sim

For accommodation, the only site that will take bookings this far advance would be Airbnb. If you find something you like, just message the property owner about availability (sometimes they live in these properties and only rent in off-seasons) and you should be good to book in advance. I haven't noticed an increase in prices because they probably haven't realised yet that RWC is on. Then, if you do find a nice hotel in the meantime you can generally cancel your Airbnb booking free of charge.

I wouldn't worry about transport. I think intercity trains are regular and city metros run till 1-2 a.m.

If they do something similar to Japan, there will be outdoor fan zones in most cities with big screens showing the matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I booked 3 apartments for 22 people for the South Africa game for 3 nights and a hotel for 16 people for 3 nights for the Scotland game all through Air b&b. Total cost per person for someone going to both games for 6 nights is €210 in total. I don't know Paris but booked the hotel in Clichy and the apartments within walking distance of the stadium as both games kick off late at 9pm

If you're talking about Paris it will never sell out nor do prices skyrocket unlike the likes of Dublin, Edinburgh or Cardiff ...it's too big.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Only problem with AirBnB is that there is not a huge amount stopping them from cancelling if they realise there is a big event on and they can up prices. Always a concern of mine, even though I do use it a lot.

I use the Accor Hotel app, its a large French chain with everything from 5 Star to budget hotels. From flexible refundable rates to cheap nonrefundable options.

You know what you are getting with an IBIS hotel etc.

They have hotels worldwide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eirecoffee

Thanks for all the advice. My main concern with prices is for the smaller cities (Nantes, Bordeaux) where the selection of hotels would be much smaller than the likes of Paris.

I have the same concerns about an AirBNB cancelling when they realise demand. I think I'll book hotels with cancellation options and track prices the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Got an email today about insurance. Cancellation by the organiser or cancellation due to a pandemic/endemic isn't covered

Yep, for that keep Accorhotels is very handy, as a French chain they have loads of hotels in most locations as its their home market.

Used them for the 2007 RWC for games, from memory they started taking bookings about 14 months out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Has anyone any idea when the resale portal/facility will open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Any chance of single group games going on sale again?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did they fix all the bugs on their atrocious website yet ?

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

Lol what do you think? The main problem is they arent anywhere near setup for the volume of customers trying to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

4% after 27 minutes in the Q!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I got in and got cat 3 tickets for finals, couldn’t believe how easy it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

36%...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

I got in but all categories showing no more packs available

• Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

Any tips for how you got in so fast? I have a fast connection but still took 30 mins to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I got in quicker on my iPhone, I had laptop open too, was on 0% for ages then flew along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Got sf1 cat 3. Sf1 and 2 gone. Final gone.

Advertisement