Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Lower Decks (animated series)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Liked this episode; and this week on "depressingly basic writing concepts lacking in live-action Trek", we see the resolution for the Big Crisis foreshadowed with Tendi's laughing at Boimler's mishap in the restaurant. I had thought it weird when it happened - cos the episode kinda lacked jokes otherwise - but then boom. Checkov's Food Mishap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Best joke was the guy who gets to be acting captain for the 2 seconds while upper decks are switching shifts and then gets the insult of having to clean an airlock we heard about earlier

I liked the Pakled storyline this episode too like the 10 second gag that summed up practically every revolution ever.

Sorry bout the multi post but the spoiler thing is very annoying on this site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Another distinct voice this week, especially for Star Trek, in Jeffrey Combs. John Billingsley would be another.

What would be examples of evil computers like this from the ST series?

Jeffrey Combs???

Yeah boy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.7: Me this whole episode: Jeffrey Combs!!!!! Jeffrey Combs!!!!! Jeffrey Combs!!!!! Wooooo!!!! 😁

What a great role too! Quality Jeffrey Combs! 🙂

All the way until Rutherford got killed and I was a bit shocked at how much I was taken out by that. I was.. Noooooooooo!!!! and then he was dead on the Captains PADD and I was like.. whuh.. buh why.. not cool.. are they doing a Yar.. ah here!

Yeah the possibility of the mother doing a con struck me but the first few moments definitely got me.

Was back on the Jeffrey Combs train after Rutherford came back though so felt better towards the end.

Tendi definitely lookin like she's got the feels for Rutherford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed that episode. It was a good laugh and very good. I take it that its just the engine room is a whole two Decks high and not the ship which has at least 6 Decks I would say.

I did not fall for the twist myself.

I thought it gas that the window in sickbay was of course on the side with the ship docked and strange that if that was the case that Tendi did not notice the explosion happen on the other ship. But I guess when it happened she could have been to busy on the computer or in another part of sickbay.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

I liked that one.

The royal abdicator plot would have been interesting as an ongoing story in a more serious series. Troi kind of had a similar backstory but it never really amounted to much.

Getting very sick of Mariner's selfish busy body interfering with Boimler's career, especially since she's proven wrong almost every week. Holding your friends back because you don't want to advance is a really **** thing to do.

Were the death drones the weapons from the Arsenal of Freedom? They had a very similar silhouette.

Jeffrey Combs is always good so more of him please. One of the rogue AI's at the end had the CBS logo on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You trying to tell me you can't get "The Snip" in the 24th century?

They have a pill for it but I don't think the whole thing needed to result in a child.

• Advertisement

What ?

Did someone get pregnant in the last episode and I missed it

Hey, all I'm saying is that I'm sure there's something Doctor T'Ana can do to help Billups with his heritage problem.

It wasn't fathering a child that would force him to become the king, one of the royal guard/concubines was a man, it was sex itself

There are surgical procedures for ejecting a warp core, unless docking in the aft section still counts in which case, God Speed Your Majesty.

I'm lost now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Good episode

Evil computer was hilarious. Great to se Combs back. I think the murder drones were definitely an upgrade of the TNG ones.

Nice element between Mar and Boim.

I enjoyed the renaissance dragon planet culture thinge.

The loosing your virginity was an interesting plot choice.

Tendi is definitely questioning her career choice.

Good episode.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭Rawr

They'd have a hypospray for that (probably).

But yea...I have been enjoying these episodes a lot lately. I find myself not even wanting to skip the intro, it's just a good feeling to be fairly certain that the Trek at the end of this is going to be enjoyable. (and lacks a Discovery-esque tacked-on flutter of the Trek theme at the end, which just drives me up the wall each time).

We're coming to the end of this run soon, and I'm going to genuinely miss it. Long may this show live, and I hope for CBS to re-sharpen whatever pointy stick they are using to keep Kurtzman's feckless mits away from this actually good Trek show.

Im getting pretty sad about this series coming close to the end too which has taken me by surprise a little just how much I look forward to it every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

My soldiers are trained from birth to skip foreplay 😂

Great episode, more of an Orville type storyline.

Ms

Ye that was funny or

"You can look me over from the bottom up anytime" lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Oh my god! This show is fantastic.

There is going to be a change in Mariner's view of Boimler, she was honestly shocked by how casually and truthfully Freeman just threw out that Boimler is one of their best, so much so that she had absolutely no doubt that he would save the ship. Coupled with the ease with which he disabled Agimus, last week, you know that the writers have either tension or massive support up their sleeves

"They took everything that I was"

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A couple of surprisingly graphic elements in a certain section this week.

And quite a different depiction of Boimler too. When not terrified, he's shown as extremely competent and determined. I could see a major plot point of the season being Mariner realising she's not the standalone bad-ass she thinks she is.

The fact that she failed horrendously while he stayed in improving every time will not be lost, I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.8: Ah that was a lot of fun. Felt like it hit it's high point in the middle

with Boimlers escape and blowing up the cube.

Kinda eased it's way to a finish after that.

Loved that saving Borg baby wasn't enough to get 100%

Also was anyone else surprised the Mariner was horrified rather than getting stuck into Naked Time

The different holopods were great use of nostalgia while serving the plot

Oh and I will never get this out of my mind

Ha Billips is still just hanging round reading a padd with an orgy going on

Ms

Really good episode this week. Lots of Easter eggs in there

Poor Boimler do he was up to 98 per cent against the Borg and because of the situation to help the crew out had to stay in there and ended up get assimilated lol as excretis of Borg lol and only an 8 per cent score not that it mattered anymore after they found out your one was a fraud.

Poor Tendi she could not kill the Klingon and then when the other medical officers did they brought him back to live lol. I suppose I should feel more sorry for the poor klingon lol or Poor Marineer getting to see more than she ever wanted of the crew lol. The Doctor sleeping on Shaxs ass lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That one was pretty good. Did they do something to the Cerritos model? The establishing shots looked really nice this episode.

I see where Mariner gets her annoying "I know best" streak now, although a captain kind of has that right. I want to see Boimler get a promotion and stay on the Cerritos at the end of the season, lieutenant JG is still a junior officer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Cerritos model did get some touch ups this season, to reflect the refit at the end of season 1. Mostly just some improved details and lighting, e.g. lights around the shuttle bays.

Advertisement