Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Aside from the two Europa League games, we should be well able to cope with his absence. The toughest domestic fixture amongst those seven is the last one (Aberdeen away) on 3rd of October (and he might even be back for that).

If we can't manage without one player through this set of matches (European matches aside) then we won't be anywhere near challenging for silverware this season.

He's definitely crucial to the way Ange wants us to play but it's a great chance for Giorgios to show us what he can do and Ajeti will get a chance to step up too.

Kyogo probably needs a rest anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Its a massive blow to lose Kyogo for any games never mind a months worth. What makes it worse is from Ange's comments yesterday Giakoumakis is not ready yet so at best he will likely be on the bench tomorrow and for who knows how long. Ajeti will most likely start tomorrow. Big chance for him as he will likely now get a of games now. In fairness he showed a good attitude and got after it in the last home came when he came on late against St Mirren so hopefully he will grab this chance and step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

What do people make of Dom McKay news? I have met Dom a few times through my rugby connections. I sent a few texts to a couple of people to see did they hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very strange indeed, deleting social media accounts as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Reports suggesting the board weren't happy with the job he was doing and the direction he was looking to take the club. My initial thoughts would be that suggests he was actually trying to make the necessary changes to move the club forward

Post edited by A Dub in Glasgo on

Pretty weak team for tonight with McGregor, Kyogo, Forrest, Abada & Taylor all out. No real options on the bench to change things up front.

We'll do well to get anything from this game.

Up the Var!!

1 nil Ajeti

Our usual european defending has returned as we lose 2 goals in 2 mins

4 - 3 loss but positive enough after that, with a full strength side we would've been far stronger

Jota & Ajeti played well but in the middle when Soro plays we are very weak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Unfortunate result but what a performance considering the team. Dominated possession, attacks and passes. Really exited by this teams potential

No question Soro was very poor last night. Really got exposed and I felt the game was simply a level too far for him. The lad has potential but he is at best right now the back up at the 6. Hopefully McCarthy will be fully up to speed soon. Wonder if Sunday will see him make his first start for us.

Only caught bits of the game but looked to be as bad as I've seen us play under Ange. 3 losses in 6 league games isn't good and our away form is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Disappointing performance and result. Was hoping Motherwell would get something from their game as I never expect a win at Livingston. Thankfully they did.

Early days and we’ve plenty of our big performers yet to get back to full fitness.

Squad is extremely thin but we’ll get there.

That was pretty poor, done enough to at least score but did not look likely

Lucky enough Rangers dropped two points so not as far ahead as they could have been

6 losses already this Season including 3 in the league. We only lost 5 in all of last season

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Away to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs in October. Think we'll be able to make the call whether we're still in the running or not by then tbh.

Great pass from McCarthy and nice finish by Jota to put us 1 up

2 up now after good work from Jota, we should be making Jota a permanent signing asap

• Advertisement

Scales on for his debut

St Johnstone in the semi final which is the best draw we could hope for, hopefully we'll have moved up a level by then

Some great news, he has really stepped up since Brown left

Absolutely brilliant news and what a boost for the whole club and the team. The commitment he has and is showing to the club is unreal especially in this day and age. Should not be taken for granted at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

1-1 at home to Dundee Utd. Poor result

Cal Mac called up for the Scotland squad FFS!

• Advertisement

Some first minute. They've a disallowed goal for offside before Kyogo takes it around the keeper and the defender makes a last ditch tackle

Serious cock up by Turnbull. 1 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Comedy defending for the goal.

2 nil down now after more shocking defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Ange is going to run out of time soon if this defending continues for much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

ironically, Shane Duffy has rediscovered how to play

We look good going forward but the keystone cop defending has to stop, we will get spanked by good teams (and not so good). I think Postecoglou will be gone soon as we will lose heavily tonight and on Sunday

Hard to put too much blame on Ange with the weak squad he is dealing with Turnbull and Rogic have started every game this season and tbh I'd say neither is good enough to be playing regularly. But he doesn't help himself sometimes, pushing the fullbacks inside when we have 2 wingers that don't track back is a recipe for disaster.

This season is going down the drain quicker than last season if he can't get a solid team out on the pitch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Tend to agree. A rebuild is one thing, but there has to be results esp at home. That said, I was thinking 0-4 before tonight's game, so I'm not surprised at all. We're way out of our league in Europe at the moment - that I don't mind so much. Domestically we are awful as well though. I've never seen a team fail to capitalise from so many chances.

Too many players not good enough still. For all the type about Turnbull, he's been very poor. Rogic keeps giving the ball away, and defensively we are no stronger than we were last season.

Kyogo, McGregor, Jota and Abada the only players looking decent at the moment.

And Hart! Doesn't bear thinking where we'd be in the league right now if we had Barkas or Bain in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Five Eighth

How can any team hope to compete at a decent level and give away goals that would embarrass a junior A team's defence?

Pretty clear we can't, Ange needs to get things right at the back and grind out a few wins. The free flowing football can come later as we build.

Lambert talking well after the game, we're in danger of allowing results like this to become the norm and we should be aiming much higher.

2 - 3 years ago we were competitive at this level and now we're getting hammered 4 nil

To be fair we took some severe pumpings when Rodgers was in charge too. Last night was dreadful defensively no question but the scoreline is a joke it probably should have been 4-3 to Leverkusen. Kyogo and Abada both missed absolute sitters and their keeper made a string of brilliant saves. But no question we are out of our depth right now against quality opposition like Leverkusen. Having said that considering the enormity of the rebuild needed when Age came in and the fact he was brought in so late in the day has meant this kind of scenario was always very likely to happen.

• Advertisement

Kyogo makes it 1-0 with a clever chest goal. Bitton missed a very good chance earlier with a header

Great ball in by Turnbull and Kyogo chests it in for 1 nil.

Early in the game but team looks more balanced with Biton playing the DM role and McGregor moved forward

F**k sake, what was Hart doing there!

1-1

Dreadful yet again, seem to be getting worse and worse each week.

Hard fought win with a bit of magic from Rogic to unlock the Aberdeen defence

Jota saves the day, need to get him signed up asap.

Really poor after the goal, created nothing until the goal. Need a serious upgrade at FB and in the middle, bringing Ajeti on when we're chasing a goal was baffling with the top goal scorer in the Dutch league last season left sitting on the bench. McGregor was very poor today along with both FB's

Awful performance, probably the most deflated I've felt after a win tbh - because even a poor Aberdeen side could have beaten us. Not sure what is going on but there's little team play out there. Same story with lots of possession but doing feck all with it. Really sloppy in midfield giving the ball away so many times.

Should done a lot better for their goal. We need to get the ball into the opposition box, it's ridiculous how little we actually got into the box and caused them problems. Our 2nd goal was exactly what we need to be doing WAY more of, decent crosses into the box and 2 or 3 players waiting to put it in the net. Fantastic goal and just delighted we got it, as we didn't really deserve 3 point there today to be honest.

Ajeti just isn't good enough, when the hell are we going to see Giakoumakis?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

It was a great win by Celtic. I haven’t seen all the recent games, but I did see 2nd half of yesterday’s game. Look, it wasn’t vintage Celtic but it was all about getting the three points and getting the first away win.

Defending is still a concern. There is nobody commanding the box. I know Shane Duffy came in for a lot of criticism last season, and rightly so at times. I also came in for a lot of criticism for suggesting Celtic sign him permanently! I think people might see where I was coming from now. The guy clearly had a few personal things to deal with last season, but people were far too quick to dismiss him, saying that he couldn’t handle Celtic style of play etc. Good defenders defend well, end of story.

I think Celtic need to get a few players back from injury and hopefully they can kick on. Rangers aren’t playing as well as last season, so for Celtic it’s just about keeping on their coattails between now and Christmas. I am sure Celtic have the finances to strengthen again in Jan.

• Advertisement

Excellent win today to move 4 points from top

Advertisement