Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wonder if Cody's team loses here and he goes full heel on Johnson in retaliation...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Arn spitting fire, nicely detaches Cody from the Nightmare Family to let him go heel whilst they stay a face faction.

Brandy's been selling being drunk a fair bit too - probably more to come there and I'm sure this is all feeding into their reality show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lio Rush is back.

Shida vs Deeb next week should be awesome.

Shida’s English is getting really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Wasn't expecting that!

Am stunned Miro lost the title!

Such a dominant champion!

Sammy Guevara is great though so am delighted for him!

• Advertisement

The forbidden door is open Bobby Fish of MLW vs Sammy next week for the TNT title.

….

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Surprised Miro lost, but good for Guevara. Not interested in any more one off challengers for the title though, they need to be having proper feuds. Miro's run was more or less unmemorable except for the last few weeks with Feugo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I disagree there. Kenny was the only one in that segment who did well imo. Danielson's promo was not good. It was very WWE, and didn't make sense that this violent wrestler who wants to kick people's heads in was like hey look at no balls over here.

Didn't click for me at all.

Back to rest of the show, Lio Rush is a great signing and there's a ladder match with a title shot next week, is that the Hangman return?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Next weeks anniversary show is looking solid so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If Arn cut that same promo on Raw people would be going nuts about promotion of guns. Surprised it has seemingly gone over well on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

AEW has always been edgier, WWE starts letting folks say "****" and now we get MJF making a school shooter dig at Darby. This all would have been cleared well ahead with TNT also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, I'd assume MJF in particular clears everything he says with Tony and the person he's saying it to. In a lot of people's mind, he crosses the lines at times so you'd imagine everything is cleared internally on his promos.

Also, think it's the first AEW had this issue but that crowd generally sucked last night. Brodie parts were grand, but you had several CM Punk chants and a What chant break out (Ethan Page did amazing at that point to kill it).

I really liked how it was a heel in MJF that brought up the four pillars of AEW, Himself, Allin, Jungle Boy and Sammy reminding fans it's not just about The American Dragon, Punk, Miro etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved the promos from Arn and MJF 😅 Another cracking episode of Dynamite!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes that Arn promo was one of best parts of a fabulous show. It's amazing how one little thing ignites my curiosity for the Cody Universe again. This was superb tv and I was smiling like a cheshire cat, this is some good story ****. It's easy just to turn someone heel but when there's a story like this driving Cody to dark side, superb

The opening match, what can you say, just two great great performers and AC is so over and I'm loving it. The crowd were superb through out.

Ethan Page, the guy is just money, how he destroyed that awful f-ing "What" Chat, superb.

Post edited by Headshot on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Can they stay a face faction after Arn kinda kicked Cody out for not being man enough to murder someone haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Some random observations from Dynamite:

Loved the Arn Anderson promo.

Andrade on the other hand needs to be kept well away from a microphone - just leave his assistant do the talking, because I really struggle to figure out what Andrade is saying.

The HFO is a big load of nothing for me. No one benefits from the association as far as I can tell.

Very surprised that Sammy won. Miro was a dominant champion but as others mentioned his reign was missing a memorable feud.

Danielson seems to be staying in Omega's orbit, so maybe they will get back to the rematch for Full Gear?

Interesting to see who wins the title shot next week. Hangman an obvious shout, but I'm not so sure. Could be a surprise like a Dante Martin, Brian Pillman Jr., or Brian Cage that gets their match a week or two later on Dynamite.

Another more than satisfactory Dynamite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I loved Arn's promo, but it worked so well because it was quite a graphic imagry from an entertainment form that usually avoids that level of graphicness. If every week, we were getting wrestlers saying they'd shoot a guy, it wouldn't work. It got his point across brilliantly.

Loved the main event too. I adore Miro, and am sorry he dropped the title. But Sammy is massively over, and having a title run end unexpectedly actually benefits the product over all. Especially when Miro is still a beast and could move up the card a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AEW World Champion Miro somewhere down the line?

I have to say I really enjoy Punk on commentary.

I've loved Miro's undefeated run tbh so was disappointed he lost. Don't know why but Sammy kind of annoys me so would rather he dropped the title to someone else.

Delighted to see Serena Deeb is back next week. Probably my favourite womens wrestler on the roster to watch along with Thunder Rosa.

Hated the Danielson/Elite promo. Felt so WWE.

I'd love to see Cole turn on the elite or vice versa sooner rather than later. He's so over atm, he should be one of the biggest faces in the company.

I wasn't a big fan of Ethan Page in Impact and was kind of disappointed AEW signed him but he's completely changed my mind. The guy is great. Does anyone else think Scorpio Sky is an awful promo though? Has a real put on wrestling promo voice. Page blows him away in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Egon* is so good on the mic, I don't understand why they're pairing Men of the Year with Lambert?

Surely you put Lambert with people that (a) need a mouthpiece and (b) fit the antithesis of modern wrestlers. How about Brian Cage and/or Jade Cargill?

*(shout out to any Danhausen fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Lambert with Cage would have been a great pairing actually

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would lambert have suited with andrade? I'm dreading that they actually bring in Flair as his manager tbh. I'd rather give Andrade time to see if he could improve on his English/promos than adding Flair

Also I do agree I thought the crowd were fairly crap bar the Brodie stuff(I was actually expecting a bigger pop when the DO won).

lambert is used for Men Of The Year because other wise they get cheers, having lambert generates that heel heat.

I wonder which AAA Tag Team Andrade has lined up to take on The Lucha Bros for the AAA Tag Titles.

Angelico and Jack Evans are the second longest reigning title holders for the AAA Tag Belts after the Lucha Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who watched Rhodes to the Top? I didn't but curious to hear if it has much behind the scenes stuff for AEW or is it pretty much just their personal lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Good chance Psyhco Clown might be one of them, which would be nuts to see him on US tv. Hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I never fancied myself as a wrestling connoisseur until AEW came along.

Delighted to see Thunder Rosa, Ricky Starks and Ethan Page doing so well as based on their respective work in NWA and Impact their potential was always there.

Even LA Knight where it was almost criminal he was working on a free show on YouTube and people were calling him a one trick pony; now people are seeing it as a formality that he's joining the main roster in WWE sooner rather than later.

Advertisement