Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis @ 3Arena 16 November 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Full PBS doc here:

Collins is a shell of his former self, I suspect the backing singers will be doing some heavy lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats very sad to see Phils condition.

I thought it was only his back that was a problem but his speech seems slurred too.

I'm going to skip this, best to remember them as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is Phil Collins on death's doorstep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Collins's speech is due to medication due to his poor health. He had a back operation to fix some damage due to posture from years of drumming that didn't go right which left him with some nerve damage and was made worse by a ball fall a few years ago.

Dublin/Belfast gigs are up in the air depends on Collins after the upcoming dates which is a shame because the Phil, Mike and Tony line up never played in Ireland as far as i can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to seeing them Tuesday night in Birmingham

Sadly Phil can't play drums or sing the songs like the old times but no doubt it still will be good and the other lads seem on fire musically

• Advertisement

so who's going to sing then?

this is gettin beyond satire now, what next....geriatric pop/rock stars performing with zimmer frames?🙄

they should just retire gracefully, (its not like they need the money is it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well Phil's current divorce settlement is pretty big

didn't he recently sell his mansion in miami? that should surely cover it😶

• Advertisement

Suppose I can thank NPHET and the Government for this experience and view. Now let's hope its a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Enjoy Birmingham, have a great gig, full report in the am !

It was unreal

So jaded now I'll post more later

Really enjoyed the show in Birmingham last night. The production was top notch. Band were in good voice and sound including Phil who done his best considering his health issues. 90% of the hits were played including a mini acoustic set which included 'Thats All, a snippet of 'Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' and 'Follow You Follow Me'. Song and musical performance of the night had to go to 'Firth of Fifth' with vocal standout of the night going to Domino' but in truth the whole set was great. Nic Collins is a great drummer considering the big shoes he had to fill. The backing singers are also greatClever imagery for 'Land Of Confusion'. Disappointed 'Jesus He Knows Me' and 'Misunderstanding' weren't played but what can you too.

Would definitely recommend seeing the show and hopefully the Dublin and Belfast dates will be tied into a European tour which there definitely would be demand for. There's an misleading headline floating around stating Phil Collins saying 'Genesis will finish up this year after the US tour' but it was taken out of context somewhat and the media ran away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Good to hear, nice pics and thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

Seen the Documentary on "The Last Domino"Tour,the stage and sound look and sound amazing I think Tony Banks seems to have aged the best ,.. can't believe he's 70 Years old.....but poor Phil I have the highest respect for phil Collins...but at times in the Promo Domino, it sounds like he's high on medication I'm hoping that they can reschedule the Irish dates soon

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A couple of snaps from Newcastle last night

Great pics

Heard Phils voice is getting better and better each show. How was the setlist ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Setlist is here

Having seen some of the comments here I did wonder whether Phil Collins would be a liability. I was anticipating a new music genre emerging - "Zimmer Frame Rock". He was clearly struggling physically but I thought his voice was absolutely fine. I've never seen Genesis before and had only seen Collins at Live Aid - I wondered whether they would play much from the Gabriel era, but, with the aid of two strong backing vocalists, I thought he did the early stuff very well

He did disappear for a few minutes quite early on while they did an instrumental, and I was concerned it would be a regular feature, but when he returned he stuck it out to the end. He was bright and alert, and played a bit of his Artful Dodger role in a couple of verbal interludes. 2hrs 20mins or so, and no complaints from me

• Advertisement

Covid raises its bloody head again, feel sorry for all the fans who may have/planning to travel over for the shows affected. The band and management must be extremely frustrated so close to the end of the leg of the tour

'A statement from Genesis

Following guidance and advice from the Government, it is with huge regret that the final four shows of Genesis’ Last Domino? Tour (this evening (8/10) at Glasgow SSE Hydro and 11, 12, 13 October at The O2 in London) have had to be postponed due to positive COVID 19 tests within the band.

We are working to reschedule them as soon as possible and will announce the new dates through our website (www.genesis-music.com) and social media channels as soon as possible. All tickets will remain valid and ticket holders will be contacted by their ticket providers. 

This is a hugely frustrating development for the band who are devastated with this unlucky turn of events. They hate having to take these steps but the safety of the audience and touring crew has to take priority. They look forward to seeing you upon their return.'

That might mean they can slot the Dublin and Belfast shows back in. It may be some time before they can get 3 slots in London and by then the restrictions in Ireland will probably/hopefully be lifted

Yeah A European Tour sometime in the near future could well be on the cards with London, Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin included, Arena Availability could be an issue for the bands management

Jesus wouldn't cry if you travelled over to Glasgow today and only found out as you left the plane

The 3 London concerts have been rescheduled for late March 2022.

No sign of a new date for Glasgow, Dublin or Belfast yet but you'd imagine it will be in that timeframe.

Yep say this might kick off another leg of the tour with a few European shows thrown in too

Seen a report from before the recent cancellations that Collins had stated that Boston in the US would be their final gig. Obviously those new London gates open up the possibility of fitting other postponed dates around the same time, but there may be no "European" tour

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭speedbird834

Just got an email - Dublin's cancelled.

Damn - never going to get the chance to see them again now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's a bummer was really looking forward to seeing their last hurrah. At least I got to see them once, in Paris in '87. Despite it being the Invisible Touch tour it was an amazing gig

Pity

Made the correct decision heading across the water last month. I'd definitely recommend a trip to London to see them next year

• Advertisement

They have announced a European tour today for next April, comprising Germany, France and Holland.

The Irish dates sold very poorly as did the second night in Glasgow so thats primarily the reason for cancellation I'd say, not logistics.

Advertisement