Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Maybe you can explain why the government are afraid to implement it?

After all they have to use the HSE and the hospitals themselves, their families etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I already posted this link. You must have been too busy defending the character assassination of Professor O'Connor.

The 3 experts that resigned have outlined that the government are failing to support Slaintecare, hence it is in crisis.

Taoiseach speaks with two resigned Sláintecare members (rte.ie)

In his resignation letter, Prof Keane said that he believed that fundamental failures of governance, accountability and commitment continued to make any chance of success for the Sláintecare programme impossible.

In a letter of resignation, Professor Anthony O'Connor told Mr Donnelly that the Sláintecare programme to reform the health service would bear little or no relation to what was originally envisaged.

Prof O'Connor said the devolution of power to regions and communities was not going to happen, given the approach he bore witness to in yesterday's meeting with head of the Health Service Executive Paul Reid and Secretary General of the Department of Health Robert Watt.

In his resignation letter, Mr O'Connor said that when Prof Tom Keane resigned on foot of a number of SIAC resignations since the summer, he was presented with a difficult choice.

On his options he said: "To accept at face value the word of a senior clinician and healthcare reformist with an international track record that fundamental failures of governance, accountability and commitment continue to make any chance of success impossible, or given the fact that SIAC had clearly been kept very much in the dark on the issues that led to the resignations, to lead the group to pursue answers and direction for ourselves to remain loyal to the project."

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Sláintecare 'standoff between the establishment and those charged with reform' | Newstalk

"We are now four weeks into this crisis about the future of our healthcare system.

"And we now find ourselves that there appears to be a sort of a standoff between the existing establishment - the HSE, perhaps the Department of Health - and the people who are charged with reforming the system.

"We did learn last night that Laura Magahy and Prof Keane had met the Taoiseach earlier this week, and I understand that that meeting was very constructive.

"But really we have to get to grips with this".

Consensus 'beginning to splinter'

He says this is undermining morale, as well as delaying access to care with "almost 700, 800,000 patients waiting to get access to our care... and this is all being delayed now".

And he says the consensus around the plan is fading.

"Lets recall here that this was a political consensus, probably the first time we had such a thing in Irish politics.

"They agreed on a strategy, and the funding and all the other things to do with that.

"And now we find that that's beginning to splinter.

"Someone needs to take the reigns here in the interest of patients, and indeed our wider public, to ensure that these parties get together."

While former head of the HSE Tony O'Brien has said the reform plan needs to be moved away from the Department of Health.

Excuse me? who is defending what character assassination. What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Hitler was just role playing I suppose :)

He was on stage with fellow fascists giving the popular at the time, in fascist circles, fascist salute. Get up the yard.

Was published the other day. Someone posted it here. You going over to the shinner thread to say same? I somehow don't think so.

• Advertisement

Not really. Did you see the photo of WT Cosgrave giving the nazi salute while on stage with the blueshirts, a fascist organisation?

Haven't seen similar with Barney Rock.

You don't follow politics at all by the sound of it. You constantly claim the opposition just make noise and have no ideas.

The SF health lad was on RTE yesterday laying out their plan to tackle the HSE. Seemed pretty comprehensive. They've even cobbled together an alternative budget.

Like housing. More money for the lads if its left as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are they intent on completely thrashing the separation of powers and conflict of interest safeguards?

AG aiding former INM directors in private capacity with High Court (irishtimes.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Thats why I asked the questions, it just makes no sense why a government, any government, would not be moving heaven and earth to implement something that is going to benefit the whole country? Seems that the only reason that it is not implemented because vested interest noses are going to be put out of joint and those interests are owed by the government or members of the government.

Fair enough but I'd stop telling lies and misrepresenting things you don't see any point in learning about if you want to be taken seriously.

Like all things Fine Gael, if its not illegal there's no problem. Ethics and morals don't come into it. It'll be called a loop hole they just noticed if it causes them trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

People in the middle are good with money and will spend it far more wisely. Giving someone on the dole an extra tenner a week will be spent out of necessity and back into the local economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

true and false, some people in the middle are really good with their money, some really arent, and again, similar with those on welfare, but money sitting in a bank account has zero velocity, the economy needs money to keep moving, i.e. to maintain velocity, this is done by continual transactions. if everyone saved, there would be no velocity of the money supply, and the economy would collapse

What? people in the middle are the ones paying all the taxes, have childcare cost, car costs, mortgage etc etc etc. They are good with money because they have to be, if they don't then they have no-one ready to hand them another lump of money. They go bust.

I have no idea why anyone would want to push more money into social welfare while the people who are paying all the taxes get no breaks. It would seem people think that social welfare should be earning the same as middle class workers, only issue is whats the point in working then? no worker then no taxes.

The gravy train for social welfare has to end. Plus I mean by socail welfare before people start jumping up and down the people who are unemployed but can work

again, poor money management is not exclusive to certain sectors of society, its a common enough problem amongst all classes, it would be common enough for those in the middle to end up with large amounts of debt, as they try to provide themselves with their needs and wants. you will find even some end up in arrears in regards their debts at times, some needing help and assistance from charities for their needs. yup, even some go bust and must declare bankruptcy

again, as explained, more money towards welfare makes sense on many fronts, not only does if provide more for recipients, it also provides the economy with more money, always important to remember, under deficit conditions, part welfare comes from the deficit itself, i.e. not from exchequer funds, pup payments etc

'gravy train', seriously!

It doesn't make any sense. Giving more money to the people who are working around the clock also gives money into the economy. What do you think happens money you give to a family with a mortgage/child care/cares etc? it just disappears?

People should be rewarded for working, not the opposite which is what you are calling for. Which is crazy. The social welfare system at the moment in Ireland has constantly been bumped up year on year. We have people been handed Christmas bonuses, school bonuses etc.

The person working gets nothing, why not a Christmas bonus for the person working all year? they have the high costs over Christmas as well. You post it on every thread to get a reaction, pointless going over it again actually.

yes, workers should also be receiving more money, from employers, and/or from the state, pup etc, but again, some folks will just save or use this money to pay down debt, these activities do little or nothing for the economy, as explained, we need more money going towards actual business transactions, deposits and the paying off of debt does neither of these. funnily enough, yes, some of this money simply does indeed disappear, as this is what occurs when debts are paid, the actual act is the cancelation of money itself

yes, workers should indeed be rewarded more for working, but many businesses currently cannot afford that, for obvious reasons, this is where the state should and has stepped in, pup payments etc. yes again, welfare increases and bonuses etc, have in fact benefitted most, if not all, by these monies being spent into the economy upon receivership.

again, yes, i believe all citizens should also receive bonuses etc, from either/and/or employers and the state

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Cronies have to be foddered, nearly every problem we are currently facing, Mica, Electricity,Housing, Health care is down to a cronies being given priority over the actual needs of citizens, they are dragging their heels on health because of their benefactors owning private hospitals, Mica seems to be an FF thing, Energy problems down to years of mismanagement and pandering to the highest paid electricity workers on the planet and housing is just pure greed

• Advertisement

But workers don't receive more money from employers. Your great plan is to constantly reward someone for not working. That ends up with people just quitting work because whats the point? then who will pay tax.

You seem to think every penny that will go to social welfare will be pumped back into the system. I can tell you it won't, same as it won't with the middle class but at least they are been rewarded for working. You are rewarding people for not working. Not really a great system.

At this stage you are rambling, everyone is getting rewarded for everything. The magic money trees is getting a fair old rattling now

'Gravy train' 😁

You are against working people receiving a dig out to pay rent?

The economy would collapse if we start making severe cuts to welfare.

Who'd be leasing all those build to rents if the government weren't spending our money? How would low paid workers survive in the cities? Business would lose customers and staff.

Ultimately it's about helping our neighbours and fellow citizens survive.

I suggest you read my post before making more incorrect accusations, it is getting tiresome now.

So you don't know what 'gravy train' means. My mistake.

yes, some employers dont, but some do, many currently cant, due to obvious reasons, hence why we now should be looking towards the states abilities to do, pup payments etc. my great plan in fact should, if its done correctly, make sure everyone has enough money to have a comfortable life, pup payments have proven this is now possible, and in fact, maintains an element of economic activities, that ultimately benefits all. so if people are quitting work for the dole, wheres the real problem?

no, not all monies received by welfare will go back into the economy, some will indeed leave the country, some will remain on deposit, and some will be used to pay down debt, so again, id say no. this approach might just give some, who are probably already struggling more to spend, which, as explained, ultimately benefits all, from this spending

yes again i agree, the default magical money trees, primarily from private sector banks, i.e. credit creation, are indeed being over relied on, we urgently need to swing back towards the public money supply, i.e. deficits and other methods

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

I don't agree with you too often, but I'm with you on this one.

Well said.

New Politics 2011 (FG)

Fine Gael’s starting point is simple: political failure lies at the heart of Ireland’s economic collapse. The finger of responsibility must, in the first instance, point directly to the massive policy failures of the recent Fianna-Fail led Governments and their willingness to promote the interests of a so-called “Golden Circle” over the interests of the Citizen. Under Fianna Fail a political culture developed which ensured that the bankers and the developers were not dealt with before it was too late. A culture which tolerates cosy cartels and high costs in the private sector and ignores the need for radical reform in the public sector.

The expressions “Golden Circle”, “Crony Government” and “Cosy Capitalism” all describe the same thing: The abduction of our Republic by both public and private sector vested interests, aided and abetted by the present Government.

Cronies had to be foddered. The checks and balances in particular around the building industry weren't there leading to a decade of poorly built houses and of course the mica problem. It seems nothing has changed either. The promise of reducing the number of quangos was a nonsense too. New Politics never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

"O'Duffy was a leading member of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) in Ulster. He was appointed secretary of the Ulster Provincial Council in 1912. He later served as Treasurer of the GAA Ulster Council from 1921 to 1934. His important role in developing the GAA in Ulster is memorialised by the O'Duffy Terrace at the principal provincial stadium, St Tiernach's Park in Clones, County Monaghan.[8] In December 2009 a plaque was erected in memory of O'Duffy in Aughnamullen. The plaque was unveiled by the President of the Ulster GAA Council, Tom Daly. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eoin_O%27Duffy#Ulster_GAA

Can't see FG unveiling a plaque to the founder of the blueshirts.

Like I said, a stick to beat a government party.

They should take it down IMO. Doesn't make them a fascist organisation tbf, tone deaf and ignorant maybe.

There is of course so accept WT Cosgrave giving the Nazi salute at a fascist Blueshirt rally without having to look to other parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

FG rep on TWIP learning his answers by rote.

Rinse and repeat?

Advertisement