Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

JoS needs a good season I think. On top of that, he definitely needs to pack on more size.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

9. Casey, 10 Carbery and 13 Earls is pretty lightweight, all things considered, but getting the ball into Earls' hands more often can't be all bad. Good to see Knox getting a start tho.

Insensitive and ignorant? For finding the hype around a schools comp silly? Get a grip here.

Ah here man, if you think that's insensitive you should hear what I've to say about the guys running the sub-Academy. that really isn't fit for a public forum though...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I think the fact that you are so aggressively demeaning about other people and things you don’t agree with says it all tbh. It’s very easy to sit on the sidelines and throw crap at anyone and everyone. Even more easy to do under the veil of anonymity. The harder thing is to acknowledge reality and recognise complexities and subtleties that, while difficult and incredibly inconvenient to your opinion, are part and parcel of real life. You’d rather point the finger and blame based on a wildly oversimplified view of the situation than actually listen to any other perspectives. That says nothing about anyone other than you I’m afraid.

Oh my God, that's such an insensitive comment, you don't know the battles I've had etc etc.

We're all adults here, ffs. If lads can't take a criticism of schools rugby in Limerick then they must find the outside world a hard and terrifying place. I haven't insulted anyone on here's character and I've even gone so far as to praise LO's views.

What posters have I demeaned, specifically? I have made general comments about grown men who wear sports jerseys and call players by the nicknames, which I stand over, but are those comments really so demeaning? I also stand over my comment that any grown man who really cares about how his old school is going is a bit of a weirdo. i'd happy say that to them in the pub too, tbf. i mean, sure keep a passing interest but to care to the point of disrupting the entire underage process of a province is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Interesting, considering Carbery's performace last weekend I'd have thought Healy would be handed the #10 jersey... Maybe Andy Farrell is pulling a few strings to JC some game time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

JC was fine last week. A bit of rustiness in his first run out of the season is to be expected. Can you stop seeing conspiracy theories where none exist?

Or, more likely, JVG isn't going to over-react after one iffy game at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

You called them vanity projects. thats completely ignorant of the competitions, the efforts the kids, coaches etc put in to compete in them. You are not actually debating or countering what ive said. What experience do you have within youths rugby as your posts are showing a complete lack of awareness on this issue

As Molloy says you really need to acknowledge the realities and complex issues that come up in regard to Limerick age grade rugby and all the stakeholders, kids, their parents, club coaches, schools coaches.

Yeah so stick him on the bench... Do you not think it's happening to give the Irish players game time? If I was the Irish coach I'd be doing it!

• Advertisement

Where's the overreaction in switching a few players around in the second game?

That's not what you suggested tho. You suggested they're not being switched around due to interference from Andy Farrell.

I said it was possible... Isn't it? If I were the Irish coach it would be more than just possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Munster need Carbery to get game time far more than they need Ben Healy to do so.

Hmmm. Your recent posts include:

1. Andy Farrell interfering after 1 game to get JVG to start his starting 10 at 10
    2. Claims of 100 person attendance at Pro14 games
    3. The PUC stuff

Ya, I'm out....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Earls at 13...

Is it 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

With the positions Munster were getting Goggin into last week, Earls could do some serious damage at 13. Could be a great option for him if his top end pace fades a little in these latter years and with the depth Munster have in the back 3

Please, they are schools comps, they are virtually meaningless beyond the 23 lads who win and the 23 lads who lose in any given year. I give them the same respect i'd give the Harty Cup which is not much in the grand scheme of things. It's a nice thing to win but that's it. A school who can afford to throw 1000's of euros at them is spunking the money that probably could be better spent elsewhere in the school, but more power to them if they can afford it. Afaik, very few Limerick city schools spend that sort of money, incidentally.

As for experience within youths rugby, are you asking for a CV here? Do you apply the same logic to everyone on here or is it for people who discuss underage sports? I only ask because I've never once seen you ask a poster who criticised an out half (say) if they ever played out half at any level. (As an aside, I remember O'Gara on RTE laughing his hole off at armchair pundits who criticise professional out halves, but we still do it, even though we all know we really have no idea what Carbery (for example) is going through. Maybe I missed you stepping in above to ask which lads had played 13 before discussing Earls and Goggin.) It doesn't take much to see underage rugby in North Munster is dysfunctional.

This is a discussion forum, if you don't like discussing a topic with me it's easier for you just to not reply, but I'm happy to hear out your views. Like I said, I broadly agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Most competitions in the world really mean bugger all to anyone past the squad, that doesn't diminish them at all

You say you want to discuss things yet when told how the branch has worked for years you dismiss it and say they should "just be faced down" , changing the structure of the underage setup would mean the schools voting to lose power, do you think that's going to happen? That's why the question about your experience of underage rugby is relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,480 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hi everyone

I have a spare Adult ticket to the west terrace for tonights match

If anyone wants it for free, send me a PM and I'll send you the QR Code

• ENTER VIA
    • STILE T10
    • STANDING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

As poorside says most competitions matter little beyond those competing and maybe their direct family members in some cases. Thats doesnt mean you can totally dismiss them. Yeah im asking for your direct experience of youths rugby as its quite valid in these circumstances. Ive played and too a good level, ive coached and been a match official at these age groups. I know the system. you clearly are missing a fair bit based on what youve posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,746 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

These lads are no jokes

The quality of the SA teams starting to come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,308 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lost control there at the crucial moment. Lucky for Munster eh.

Can't let teams off that easily when your down 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Munster, like last week, playing absolute rubbish - but this time being punished for it. Van Graan really has them playing as less than the sum of their parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

missed touch, shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Even if there was doubt about the grounding, Stormers defenders had hands on the ground waiting to tackle at the fringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,308 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Coach Dobson getting very wise very quickly to the NH autumn style.

Really liked his interview beforehand, very forthcoming about the challenges of acclimatisation, which his team are now doing very well.

Think Munster will be happy with a 7-15 score line going in at HT, given how that half went…

Joey and Earls with a defensive error or 2 down the middle. POM one of few having a good game

Hoping we’ll have superior fitness and a strong finish to this.

As an aside, I could listen to Jerry Flannery talk about rugby all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Munster are so preditable at this stage it's cringe worthy

Advertisement