Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming starter build - Intel I7

Options
  • 26-09-2021 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have read a lot of build threads over the years, have seen great advice and hope you can also help me.

My 12 year olds is looking for his first PC for Christmas, coming from PS4. He understands the global constraints and can use this as a start point with other items to follow - graphics card, monitor etc.

I would like a PC that has good foundation and is expandable, future proofed. He wants one he can initially play minecraft and stream but it will certainly evolve. He also wants it to look cool RGB etc.

The reason my title has Intel I7 is I may have access to an Intel I7 chip, motherboard, memory etc but please include for budget and compatibility help

1. What is your budget? 1000ish

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Streaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Will use TV for shorterm

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? wireless card, monitor keyboard, mouse, microphone, webcam

I would hope motherboard can have wireless and Bluetooth. Don't need other items

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

Thanks a lot for your time,

MAJJ

Comments

Advertisement