Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good stuff, you're sorted. So its about 4-5 days later than what the tracking system said it would be, I can handle that. Just glad I didnt leave the application any longer than a month before travel or it could get hairy.

I applied for a new European Health Insurance Card too so hopefully that shows up before travel as well, they said 10 working days too. Its a bit of a pain the way they are only valid for 2 years, it should really be 5 at a minimum as they easily expire before you notice it has expired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Never understood why they don't link them TBH - fingers crossed all gets out in time

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭butrasgali

Hello,a quick question. I went into the passport tracking site and it tell me they received my daughters information for a new passport, its giving me an 8 week date before I get it back..I'm wondering when the process starts in the passport office,will that finish date come down..I'm going away on holiday in October.. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

Afternoon.

My passport has been dispatched yesterday according to online tracking.

Received my supporting documentation in post this morning.

Butrasgali. My documents were received on 3rd July and passport despatched yesterday the 14/09/21.so 10 wks 3 days in my case for a online adult first time application..

Hopefully everyone waiting on passports gets sorted asap thanks everyone for your help in the past few weeks months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 thebandit2020

Currently awaiting my child’s first time passport - already cancelled one set of flights!

it’s been in since 23/07 and they seem to have made a mistake, is there anywhere I can appeal to or call to expediate things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I applied online for Passport renewal late on Wednesday evening 15/09, It came in the post Friday morning (today) 17/09 ! ! That was fast ! ! ⌛️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

If you do an application for a new passport for a child, can the child still travel on the old passport? I have one that has 7 months left on it- I understand I can apply when there’s 6 months left?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Has anyone submitted a paper application for a first-time passport for a child recently? If so, could you please let me know how many weeks it took from the date they confirmed they had received your application?

I have flights booked for 8 weeks and 2 days after this date and want to know if I should cancel or not 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tophs

Has anyone with experience getting a first time passport issued know how long it took to get their supporting documents?

Do they come together?

Forgot to update the thread last week but my passport arrived on the 15th so it was about 15 working days in total, just 5 more than the 10 working days that they state. I was watching out for the postman as I thought I would have to sign for it but he just left it in my postbox, was a bit surprised at that given its such an important document but there you go.

My application for a European Health Insurance Card came through as well, that took pretty much 12 working days so pretty decent. The good news too is that they have upped the validity of them from 2 years to 4 years so Im covered for health in the EU until Sept 2025 which is great. Have set a reminder on my phone calender for August 2025 to reapply so hoping I dont miss that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quick question guys, applying for my child's first passport. They are looking for passports or birth certs but have to be originals. I don't have to send my passport in do I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No it’s either or. Original birth certs or passport. We chose birth certs so we wouldn’t be left without our passports for months.

That seems crazy that they would expect you to be without your passport for months. Where the hell will I fund my original birth cert.

If you cant find it then you can get a new one from the Births, Deaths & Marriages office. iirc they are on Lombard St, D2 and if you call in they produce it reasonably quickly, about 15 minutes. I forget the cost but around a tenner. Look up if you need to bring anything before leaving to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Today is the issue date and there's still no update on the website. Lucky we're not travelling until November.

Little question. We are planning on visiting family in the USA in March 22. My husbands passport expires in August 22 so obviously he needs to renew it before we go because it needs more than 6 months on it.

But if we apply 6 months before we will seriously be pushing it with these backlogs. Could he submit it in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If it’s a simple online adult renewal then 3-4 weeks would definitely cover it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Irish citizens do not need 6 months on their passport to enter America. It just needs to be valid for the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sheera1

Hey, i did a paper application for my daughters first passport on 30th July. So the estimated issue date is 24th September but when I phone them they have said the documents haven't even been scanned yet and the 8 weeks only starts to run from then. I left myself 10 weeks between submitting her application and date we travel (7th October) but looks like we haven't a hope of making that.

• Advertisement

Just checked for an update. It was online renewal for my 13 year old.

Application received 26th August and expected date of issue was 22nd September.

Yesterday(22nd) it was still processing and this afternoon it says its been dispatched, should have if tomorrow I'm assuming . Happy with that!

Post edited by michellie on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sheera1

Does anyone know how long it is actually taking for online complex renewals? It says 15 working days but they've already had mine for 23 working days now. I'm changing my name to married name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

We applied for our baby's first passport on 21st of July, the due date was 27th of September (yesterday). The indicator on the online tracker has now gone backwards lol

We have a flight booked for the 10th of October, it's going to be a close one

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Could you please write back here when you actually receive the passport so that I can use your timeline as a guide. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Applied for child’s first passport on 11th June, estimated delivery of start of August. 12th August they inform me they needed the marriage cert. Sent that in the next day after being assured it wouldn’t be another 9 week wait. Estimated date is now 18th October.

So even if I had included the marriage cert originally I would have been looking at least another 5 weeks on top of the 9 weeks because they hadn’t even processed the documents yet and they told me that takes 5 weeks to do.

I was on to chat a couple of times and as of last week they haven’t event started the process of verifying the marriage cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ducksychick

We also applied for our babies first passport the same date and had a target issue date of 27 Sept. we have a flight booked for 2 Oct so am resigned to the fact that we will miss that. Just wanted to make u aware that they tried calling our witness once and when she didn’t answer(on work call) we got an email to make a resubmission of consent form and told this morning that we have moved down the queue. Might be worth asking you witness to keep an eye on phone for this call. Our witness tried ringing them back but they wouldn’t take her call. Ive contacted a local TD today to get them to follow up, this could also be worth doing. Hoping you make your flight, it is a real battle against the passport office!!!

After over 9 weeks, the passport office have emailed us asking for more information.

9 weeks it took them to ask us for this information. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

We applied for a child's first passport on 24th July and the estimated issue date was 1st October. We're booked to go on holidays next Friday the 8th October so we're getting nervous now.

I checked the online tracking every day and it changed to"printing" on the evening of the 1st, which was the due date, so I still have some hope!

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes to go from printing to being delivered? They also have our passports as supporting docs.

I would imagine that you should get it on time.

Did you send in a copy of your passport with the application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Yes they have both of ours as supporting docs.

I think I read in previous posts on here that they process on Saturdays too.

Fingers crossed it says it's being delivered later on!

Advertisement