Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I packed pogba. He’s currently 140k. Should I hold or sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I packed him too. Gonna hold til later on tonight and sell him when I get on the console.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I packed him in my initial pack purchases and I have to say, he’s reaaaaly good. He can score finesse shots from anywhere, so if he’s given any sort of space outside the box, he scores.

his value might go down but don’t be afraid to use players sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah I've came up against him and his timed finesses shots are ridiculously op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm seem to be getting progressively worse at this game. At first it was just hard to keep a clean sheet but at least I could score. Now I can't do either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Think I'm going to buy ter stegen.

Have been using a random 82 gk but finding in online games that the ball can be shot right at him and he'll miss it.

It seems to happen more against players with high shooting stats, against midfielders he still saves every one on one.

I just did one of the SBCs and got Marcos Llorente. He looks very good. Looks like I could sell him for a good few coins, but he would improve my midfield. So I'll keep him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had a very bad run of things with all the saved packs and FIFA points.

6,600 points, Advanced League & Nations hybrid SBCS packs, marquee matchups packs, div rivals rewards & saved packs from objectives....my only decent pull from 35 packs was a duplicate untradeable Bobby Firmino.

Got Alaba in my OTW packs. At least it wasn't Shithuis. Hopefully my luck turns around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I've been doing BPM the last week. Every now and again you see the likes of the above. Are people clicking buy now by accident or is it people bidding on cards that are rare? Maybe it's Walsh himself wanting his own card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone have good tactics figured out yet? I’ve an 83 rated team playing a 4-3-3 with the holding midfielder and it’s very inconsistent. Some massive wins but also brutal losses, very little in between. Is 3 at the back any good this year? Didn’t go near FUT much the last couple of years but that used to be my best formation, regularly had great weekend leagues with it even when it wasn’t meta. I’d love to see it be viable again online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Maguire and Henderson going for 1.5k on bids now.

Both 84 rated, English, PL.

It might take a few weeks, but I'd highly encourage anyone who is happy with their team to invest everything they have into those as you'll at least treble your coins on them in the weeks to come.

think it’s people with fat fingers… have seen it myself when I’m bidding on cards.

Got the 2 rare gold packs from the exp levels.

Got Thiago in the first one. Got Matip in the second one but behind him was otw Upamecano 😁 Should be great if Bayern win 5 of their next 10 which I imagine they would.

Anybody see the tifos, kits and other stuff they added to the store next to the packs ? You'd have to be mad to buy them at that price. No clue why they're not just an objective as no one will buy them for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got him on PS a couple of days ago and sold for 162k, I thought prices would rise when the game was fully released but seemingly not!

Finished off the advanced SBCs - Got Suarez, Sancho, Coman, Rodri, Wijnaldum and a couple others. If I sell, should put me at about 250k and I still have 2300 points just in case there’s lightning rounds tomorrow/100k packs.

So I added Marcos Llorente to my team and it had an immediate impact. I went back into Rivals, lost the first game, drew the second and then won five games!

But has he in fact screwed me over because now I'm in Div 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Another two sold last night and a Chinese bronze went for 10k this morning. I'm nearly certain it's lazy buyers looking at squads on futbin to complete the foundation SBCs. Madness buying those cards for that price but it's a market I'm happy to cater for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Aside from the 10k buys, are you making much out of the BPM at the minute, I thought it was mostly only valuable once the league SBC's begin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Trying these WL qualifiers, 0-2 so far, second opponent used his loan Mbappe and Pele

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I remember on the fifa 21 thread someone put up a camera angle that was much better than the default one. Can anyone remember what it was called ? Or the settings for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Crisis averted, qualified at 5-2 :D

Oh and btw, we got the lads

If anyone is looking for xbox version (next generation) i have a code for fifa22.

will let it off for €50

• Administrators Posts: 54,061 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got Locatelli in my OTW pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone investing in high rated SBC fodder?

Might chance it due to the crash

I bought a few Agueros and Kroos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The more I play this, the more I enjoy it.

Look, there are some big issues, namely;

1) Timed finesse shots from outside the box are more of a guaranteed goal than a one-on-one

2) Player switching

3) GK's are far too good (although I'd rather that than it being the opposite which is it has been for the last few years!)

However, ultimately it's a football game that plays like, well, a football match rather than a skills simulator.

I've just got into divison 6 so maybe it'll start to become the usual as the divisions progress, but so far it's really good.

Did you pack Robbie Keane ? Most of the heroes seem to be extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Advertisement

Im up to D4 now. The end of D5 is the first point your progress can stall as you need a streak to progress.

I'm completely at a disadvantage squad wise now. At the very least someone will have one player who costs more than 100k.

I just upgraded to Sterling from Zaha an hour ago, and Vardy was in a pack last night so sold Havert.

Most squads I'm playing now have Varane, Pogba, Kante etc

I had a steak broken yesterday by a fella who had a front three of Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo, needless to say the rest of the team wasnt a step down from that and he won 2-1 with one of those timed finesse from outside the box.

If I want to keep playing seasons I'm up against it squad wise.

I went to the website to see for certain the make up of the play offs(rivals and WL are covered well in the help section)

You only get 6 attempts per season(I was hoping that was a mistake).

I suppose its roughly one per week. I didn't realise there was rewards given after the play offs so I might go back to that.

I was 0-1 after meeting a super team and parked it a few days ago, but seasons is similar now anyway.

Corners are just crazy this year between the through balls, the centre covering AI(as in how the AI marks the middle.. or lack of) and how your team over commits numbers wise (regardless of tactics). If that ball transitions quickly you're in serious bother.

Advertisement