Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Beirne After Reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

the Zas try was like a flashback to the Gilroy try he scored against us in the in the 2012 HEC QF. Earls at 13 always defends the outside channel so narrow, it confuses the winger on the outside if he can get across. Nash was in the same position Hurley was 9 years ago. Same result, left winger in for a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,308 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭crisco10

Would be interested to see what the ref saw for the yellow.

He seemed so sure.

Bite to the mickey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Disallow that try for Scannell holding off the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Coombes was phenomenal there. Lovely offload in contact to create a line break, then immediately onto the ball on the next phase and barrels through the resetting defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Coombes is just something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There was a kick to the face of Wycherley there by the 8

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bluedex

A good game of rugby in the first half has turned into a pile of shite....

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement

I hate when they talk over the ref.

Great to see Ben Healy on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Will surely be cited for that

Coombes gets so much penetration they named a maternity hospital after him.

Great kick from Healy.

Healy will have the starting 10 shirt before long I reckon.

Absolutely monstrous, how fun.

Some kind of Norsk demigod just scored a try for Munster.

Joey would need to look over his shoulder. Two top class out halves in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Stormers backs have looked threatening in the very few opportunities they've had to attack. Broken Munsters defensive line a few times. But their forwards have been utterly mullered in this half. Walked over constantly.

• Advertisement

And that’s what is meant by a game of two halves.

Can't argue with the excellent comeback and a some great individual showings, especially from the younger contingent. Fair dues to Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Carbery had what? 3 abysmal tackle attempts, 2 missed conversions, a peno not make it to touch, kick off out on the full. Not good enough tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The definition of a game of 2 halves.

Thought POM was outstanding; saved a try, 2 line out steals, a jackal turnover, superb on our lineout, good hands out wide when we were struggling for territory.

And another superb performance from Coombes. It surely won’t be long before he’s starting regularly for Ireland.

Delighted for Snyman tho. He could be massive this season.

Rory Scannell showing how valuable his left foot could be, with a super 50:22. Especially when our maul looks so threatening.

As poor a game from Carbery as I’ve seen, tho. Was passing too deep and early in the second half, didn’t take it very flat at all.

And we had another issue off receipt of a re-start. It was something we had an issue with a couple of times last season as well and really is something we need to shore up.

Poorside's point, as I see it, is the schools won't put their own self-interest aside to vote for the greater good, which is accurate, ime, but hardly defendable.

Schools should have little to no say in how a branch is organised, particularly in Munster. I wouldn't expect a school to be able to tell Limerick, Tipp or Cork GAA how to run things.

but you are clearly both invested and embedded in the system. Did you coach a Munster school and if so, were you paid to do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Carbery looks rusty and lacking confidence ….Healy on other hand looks sharp and full of confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭OldRio

I know, I honestly feel sorry for Carbery. He looks utterly shot. Confidence in what you do and the decisions you make is what defines us all. The poor lad is struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Every confidence he’ll bounce back …on flip side great to see Healy has bounced back from an indifferent year last year

• Advertisement

Since you're saying I don't know enough about the internal workings of the branch, what schools in particular have power, and do you think they should have it?

Advertisement