Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

15 points with Townsends 10 first sub waving at me. Hopefully one of my 5 left to go tomorrow are out.

15 points with captain Salah, Matip, Tanganga, Benrahma, Antonio and Vardy to go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

23 points so far with Salah, Benrahma, Zaha, Antonio (C) and Toney left to play. Relatively speaking, that isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Im aware he exploded in Italy alright. He was good for West Brom and Everton too. He sucked balls at united and Chelsea first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Hardly played for Chelsea at the time.

Scored over 40 goals for United in 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

In the league he scored 28 goals in 66 games for united. Only 12 in the second season. I still expect he’ll score goals for Chelsea too. My initial comment is more related to the narrative that you hear on tv that he’s grown up in Italy and is suddenly a player ready to deliver Kane numbers in the pl. maybe he will but it hasn’t been a blistering start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Ah yeah fair enough. The narrative when he was with United was that he had a worse first touch than a trampoline etc! But he still scored goals!

He’ll get a few with the fixtures they have coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

30 with Rice and Captain Salah to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

32 with Cancelo, Zaha, Salah and Antonio to come. Happy with that return. I had Ramsdale and Duffy so that 0-0 was very handy.

It's key to remember there is no such thing as a bad week, if your score is above the 10k average (which is 22 from 8 players), So you miles ahead of that average.

Had you got 76 and the top 10k average was 97, it would have been a bad week, but people seem to get caught up in the actual score and associate a bad week with anything under 50 regardless of what the 10k average score is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Exactly.. I’ve got 19(-4) and dropped from 20k to 46k OR… 10 points off the bench & liveFPL predicts I’ll be at 21k OR.

I judge it like you say on Top10.k avg & if I rise in OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

27 with 5 to go including captain Vardy.

Up to 24k OR...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

A couple of captain fails yesterday. Who would have thought that 2 first team certs before season start, KDB & Kane might be differentials today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Of course Coufal starts. God forbid I’d get points off the bench :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have Trent, Shaw and Coufal. Was very close to taking a hit just to get 11 on the pitch and in the end the 2 of them played. Glad I didn't now because I probably would have just swapped one for Rudiger who only got 2 points anyway. Hopefully the 2 Tonys (Antonio and Toney) get a lot of points in this game. Would really help me in my league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

West Ham XI: Fabianski, Ogbonna, Zouma, Coufal, Cresswell, Soucek, Benrahma, Rice(c), Bowen, Fornals, Antonio

Subs: Johnson, Dawson, Areola, Král, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Masuaku, Vlasic, Diop

Brentford XI: Raya, Jansson(c), Pinnock, Zanka, Nørgaard, Janelt, Henry, Canós, Baptiste, Mbeumo, Toney

Subs: Wissa, Bidstrup, Goode, Ghoddos, Jensen, Roerslev, Onyeka, Forss, Fernández

Crystal Palace XI: Guaita, Guéhi, Ward, Andersen, Mitchell, Gallagher, Milivojevic(c), McArthur, Zaha, Édouard, Ayew

Subs: Butland, Kouyaté, Hughes, Kelly, Schlupp, Olise, Benteke, Clyne, Tomkins

Leicester XI: Schmeichel(c), Castagne, Bertrand, Söyüncü, Vestergaard, Tielemans, Barnes, Choudhury, Lookman, Iheanacho, Vardy

Subs: Maddison, Pérez, Ricardo Pereira, Daka, Amartey, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumaré, Albrighton, Ward

Spurs XI: Lloris(c), Dier, Romero, Emerson Royal, Reguilón, Højbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele, Lucas Moura, Son, Kane

Subs: Rodon, Gil, Doherty, Gollini, Alli, Lo Celso, Scarlett, Sánchez, Winks

Aston Villa XI: Martínez, Mings(c), Hause, Konsa, Targett, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Cash, Ramsey, Watkins, Ings

Subs: Archer, Nakamba, Tuanzebe, Steer, Young, Buendía, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, Traoré

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Palace look likely to score if they can keep this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mbeuno(Canos)

Hojbjerg (Son)

Really think a fit Son should be in teams - must see how practical it is to get him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nacho goal

No assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Palace were dominating as well, goal came from an Anderson howler.

Vardy goal

Barnes assist

6 goals this season - still under radar - may need to look at him in for PEA

Good man, Vardy.

Another couple, please.

Yeah top scorer now and still only 13% owned. Might consider him in for Ronaldo.

Only 5% in top 10k have him too, which so low considering how well he's playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

And there was me thinking Gallagher would be my savior today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just checking in now on today's proceedings and experienced the classic FPL emotional rollercoaster...

First and only potential sub Coufal starts... Hurray!

West Ham clean sheet gone..Boo!

• Advertisement

Olise goal, no assist

Advertisement