Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The abuse I’m getting for a VVD-OTW Varane combo is hilarious 🤣

also, if you get a red card in a friendly, they get suspended….but they also don’t recover from the red card during a friendly they miss either? That feels stupid…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nah just bought him as soon as he released, started off around 350k and then crept up until he went extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Looking through the FUT Champs rewards, if you qualify and lose all 20 games, you end up with:

- 2 x 1 of 3 player picks

- 1 x premium gold players pack

- 1 x prime gold players pack

- 1 x jumbo premium gold pack

- 500 qualification points

- 10k coins

That's similar to what you'd get for Gold 1 last year FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah noticed the red card thing this afternoon.

Playing on PS4 today, and damn but it's way more toxic than PS5. Just trying to do the Camavinga obj's and the amount of people time wasting and watching celebrations in friendlies is just frustrating.

My aim will be the 44pts rank, so going 8-12, it gives:

2x 1-4 Red Player Picks

1x 100k pack

1x 3xTOTW pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

But that's balanced by the fact that you need 1500 points from rivals and at least a 5-4 record in the play offs to qualify so way less people will be playing wl.

The rewards also had to go up to make up for the reduction in rivals rewards.

The weirdest part for me is that there's no reward for going 20-0, the highest rank is 16-4

Also fingers crossed for a good player SBC today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not bad actually, and very doable. Especially later on in the year where it won’t be just the top tier players playing.

I think the play offs is broken.

I went from 0-1 to 3-1, then from 3-2 to 4-2 and its telling me I have 14 points.

4 for a win, one for a loss. It doesnt even make sense that I'd have 14 with 4 games left.

I need two wins from my last four despite the fact that would be 6-4.

I should be on 18 points now unless I'm missing something here. There isnt a combination to even get 14 after 6.

One guy backed out so maybe I lost the game for that and didnt get the 4 points.

I might raise a ticket.

Cant seem to make that picture the correct position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

There's a bit of profit in it alright. A fair few going for 2k. Had a Norwegian bronze sell for 7.5k today and Dan Kelly from Drogheda got me 10k a few minutes ago. French managers also going for 5k.

Seems to be all about volume. Need to be opening a lot of packs to make it worthwhile.

• Advertisement

Koulibaly is so good.

He's just everywhere at the back for me and always in the right place at the right time.

Only 25k for a player of that quality is madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

How long did it take people to get access to the transfer market on the App? Have been playing the game since Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday .

I've been playing since the first day of the trial and only got access last night. I didn't list cards up on the market every day though which is probably why it took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks for that. I’ve listed a few cards and bought a few too. Some pain having to wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just pulled IF Barella from an SBC pack, easily the best player I’ve gotten yet and he’s worth a nice bit. Tempted to sell right away but I’d never spend that amount of coins on a player this early on so I might as well fit him into the team. 😁

EDIT: Next pack, Paul Pogba. I’m 100% doing the lotto this week.

Is anyone else finding they're getting constant button delay?.

Im on Xbox(maybe PS servers are better)

Surely we're all getting it seeing the size of Ireland.

I had zero input delay during the trial. Everything was bang on and I made a post here to that effect.

So its 100% the server end of things.

As an aside I raised a ticket about my missing play off win, said I'd go to 1 game remaining as well as I may not need the points and in the second last game the opponent tipped off, scored an OG and quit.

Toney has become pretty ineffective for me already given the ridiculous standard of teams I now face every game.

After 50 games he was nearly 1:1 and now after 100 games he's 1:2.

Ironically I was playing more balanced teams in the play offs but in D4 you're not playing someone without a few players worth 100k.

I cant move past stage 2 of D4.

I'm going 1:1 so haven't being able to progress past step two(this level doesnt need a streak but a loss puts you back a step and its 3 forward steps to move on).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got a TOTW card (Smith Rowe) from my SB rewards today. Should I just sell it now?

Would love some feedback on this if anyone has an idea how to improve on it, coins are tight though, won’t have a lot left if I buy these concept players and make TAA permanent. It’s a big step up from the team I was using up until now, felt I had to fit Pogba and Barella in somehow.

Koulibaly for De Ligt would be a big step up.

He's absolutely excellent and only 25k.

Depending on coins, Spinazzola for Sandro (or Theo Hernandez if you can splash out).

Griezmann, Bailey and Delaney otw added to packs today.

POTM Antonio doesn't seem to be happening 😕

• Advertisement

Cheers, I can’t fit Koulibaly in because I really like 10 chem on everyone and Napoli don’t have any decent keepers or left backs for a green link. I might look at upgrading De Ligt-Szcesny to Handanovic-Skriniar though.

Apart from that, I just packed Aubameyang so he’s in now for Firmino and Partey in for Fred to keep the chem up. Also got Spinazzola in at left back, good shout on him. Really pleased with the team now.

Did the 2x 100k pack objectives there for squad battles… a OTW Locatelli and duplicate Suarez for my troubles. Then spent the rest of the points on the 2x mega packs and 25k packs but **** all from those, an 86 Hummels the only one of note.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OTW Locatelli isn't even that good. I have him, meh. :(

CDM pretty limited value since you have to play a very specific formation to get the most of him.

What is with people in rivals quitting straight away as soon as it starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Perhaps your team is so much better than there's. If they have reached a checkpoint there is no downside in quitting, probably don't want to waste there time on a game they might not win.

Definitely not the case, their team is better than mine in both rating and chemistry.

Anyway, Rivals, what a frustrating mode.

Playing Div10, won 3/4 games, thinking this is ok, my team doesn't suck. Get promoted and in Div9 I play 4/5 games and I get absolutely bummed in every match, except one where I fluked a goal in the first 5 and the guy instantly quit (ignoring the 2 or 3 games where people just insta-guit before a ball was kicked).

Yeah, he’ll go nicely alongside my OTW Berghuis in the awful OTW collection I’ve got going on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Could be doing the loyalty glitch for the foundation SBCs. They should be doing it in friendlies as it doesn't cost any contracts.

• Advertisement

Here's the team atm, same formation in-game, gonna try to play a classic 2 up top big man small man with lots of crosses. LM-LB are the most obvious upgrades once I've got the coins.

Advertisement