Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

No relevance?

In 2004 when McDonald was an MEP she commemorated Sean Russell the Nazi collaborator, now in 2021 she is the public face of SF in the Republic (26 counties in SF-speak).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Blanch152 made a spurious claim and failed to support it. In short he lied about a private individual.

So you call Micheal Martin a fraudster if he doesn't condemn DeValera or Leo Varadkar a Fascist regarding WT Cosgrave, or will they be writing him out like O'Duffy? I wouldn't go so far myself.

Your argument is built on hurt feelings because someone posted a photo of WT Cosgrave giving the Nazi salute at a fascist rally.

The Irish state was friendly with the Nazis, every party. They don't cancel each other out by any means. Difference between aiding for the benefit of your country and being a fascist by ideology.

George Bush was in the Taliban, who knew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

not sure what yea all are concerned with. But one thing I reckon about the Shinners - they were 'bigged-up' by MI5 and the UK - and pointed down South as marauders and mob rule - to oppress the poor. They are the Monster Raving Looney party of this country.

• Advertisement

While they've a lot to be weary of IMO, I'd take them over FF/FG any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Looking like the sensible bet nowadays.will tell ya how bad the other lot are!

You keep banging on about W T Cosgrave (not Cosgrove), but I've never disputed that he gave a fascist salute in 1934 so why would I be 'deflecting'.

This thread is about SF and as McDonald is its public face in 2021 it's reasonable to comment on the fact that she commemorated in 2004 someone who chose to align himself and his movement with a racist fascist regime that had shown little respect for the independence of small nations like Belgium and Holland in the vague hope that Hitler might look kindly on Irish unity following Germany's victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

You need to understand, I brought up the HSE “plan” that SF came up with, as it’s a pile of poo the best way to get off the topic is talk about Nazi and FG. It’s standard for this thread. No matter what happens don’t discuss the policies or plans for government SF are coming up with.

Someone might read and realise they are all terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Dangerous turn of mind that. People to them are to be oppressed and necrophelia funeray fodder; before that people are merely alluded to as a vote.

They are groomed and serve their Masters, FG - their loving niche is as the pets of FG, and FF.

• Advertisement

You need to understand that if I want to post about the public face of SF then that's what I will do.

Because you raised it in another thread and brought it over here because someone posted the photo of Herr Cosgrave.

You then tried to, as you are here, claim it was some natural progression in conversation.

As the face of SF in 2021 MLMD has to own everything SF. If Russell is part of that so be it.

Cycletour brought up the nazi thing. He might be a shinner I suppose. I gave you the link to the interview and you proceeded to accuse me of selective quoting. Your seem to be letting paranoia of SF get the better of you. You've been claiming you just hear noise from the opposition and so on. Then you misrepresented the shinner HSE plans. This table tennis match tactic is tedious.

We know the HSE is broken. We know Slaintecare is a farce. You want the architects of both to fix them after decades of failure?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yeah, one picture of an alleged Nazi salute trumps years of active collaboration with the Nazis, just as one brief dalliance with a dissident group as a young woman recovering from PIRA abuse trumps a grown woman defending 30 years or criminal thugs.

You really need to get some perspective.

How does it matter what I believe?

To those who are claiming lineage pointing back to 1916, I am pointing out the consequential deep collaboration with the Nazis, and that includes Mary-Lou who celebrates Russell as a hero. That point stands, no matter what I think, because it points out the implications of what is being claimed by Sinn Fein and their followers.

There is no pickle for me, the pickle is for those on here who claim lineage back to 1916.

Apparently he isn't litigious. He has retreated into the old Sinn Fein stance of not recognising the courts. Probably means I am at risk of a kangaroo court at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

but sure if you are adamant that present day sf only go back to 1970 ( these are your words not mine ) unless the nazis were around in 1970+ ( they werent ) how can their be " collaboration " ?

you also ignored the rest of my post about the blueshirts and their involvement with franco , mussolini and hitler !

" what does it matter what i believe " , then go on to tell me you obviously believe marylou mcd has some deep connection with nazis , you have gotten yourself into another fine mess with your twisting honestly think this is a parody account lol

Apparently he isn't litigious. He has retreated into the old Sinn Fein stance of not recognising the courts. Probably means I am at risk of a kangaroo court at some point.

Not at all. You don't understand the difference between what I believe and pointing out the implications of what others believe.

As I said, many posters on here have put forward the claim that Sinn Fein go all the way back to 1916. I have pointed out that this means that Sinn Fein are Nazi collaborators as a result, posters don't like this (which is understandable), but it is an uncomfortable truth of their position that deserves to be pointed out.

Simple as that, and blindingly obvious.

but you have many many posts on here dismissing any notion they ( sf ) have any right to claim lineage back to 1916 , but now you are only to happy to link them to collaborating with nazis , even though in your opinion they are a different party lol

im sure the young people affected by the housing crisis , or those people affected by housing will take in to consideration your deranged ramblings about nazis and the ira when casting there votes by the way

sf now the largest seat share in the dail and you have been telling anyone who will listen about their imminent demise for years , I think you might even be a closet sinn fein vote gatherer lololol

• Advertisement

I am not linking them to collaborating with nazis, those that claim lineage back to 1916 are doing the linking, I am only pointing it out.

great so you are dismissing their lineage to 1916 , and with it acknowledging the notion of marylou mcd having a Nazi connection ?

also, as you say present day sf can only trace there lineage back to 1970 , that would make them one of the only major big party that didnt have any links or sympathy with nazis

was a tough slog but we got there in the end , another fine mess you got yourself into lol

So do you agree, the current version of Sinn Fein has was created in 1970's with no link back?

i do not know either way , im only pointing out the flaw in blanch theory , he insists sf only have lineage back to the 70s , if he is correct , then he is incorrect to try to suggest the present day sf have " collaboration with nazis " because both things cant be true !

if you want to make that nazi connection , then you would have to firstly accept the 1916 lineage , because the two things cannot be both true or false

as i stated , given the blueshirts connections with mussolini , franco and hitler , and dev sending condolences to germany following hitlers death , if you guys are correct about sf lineage only going back to the 1970 well then that would leave them as the only major player party with no history with nazism connections , you guys like to paint lovely corners for yourselves lolol

Blanch was just pointing out that people cannot have it both ways, trying to link SF to 1916 but then refusing to accept the link to the Nazi.

As I have already said I don't see a link between the Provisional Sinn Fein and any other versions. They got created in 1970 and that is end of it.

In terms of the other conversations about Nazi, well maybe start up a thread on the subject, this is current affairs forum and nothing about nazi is current affairs from what I can see.

There were lots of versions of SF over the decades since its formation in 1905, numerous splits and factional internal politics. The ones who currently hold the franchise are the ones who share power up north and are hoping to be the largest party in the next coalition in the Republic (26 counties in SF-Speak).

im commenting on posts in this thread ,

blanch 152 "This is the problem for Sinn Fein. They want to claim lineage back to 1916, but they want to deny the Nazi collaboration bit in the middle. It turns them into liars."

blanch 152 "If Sinn Fein drop the claim to lineage back to 1916 and the celebration of Sean Russell, I will happily link them to the Nazis."

so I'm quite entitled to comment on it thank you very much .

this exchange started because i correctly said blanch was only to happy to deny an sf lineage to 1916 , but also only to happy to maybe rethink that if he can link sf to nazis

now when i point out the realities of who exactly in dail eirrean historically aligned themselves with nazis , and sent condolences on hitler death it is so uncomfortable , that it is now off topic and I should start a new thread on it ???

you fellas love moving yourselves into some corner and holes lolol

I know this is probably off topic but......

Fascism was widely acceptable/respectable for most of the 1930s. Even Churchill had good things to say about Mussolini's Italy. Much of Catholic social doctrine of the time was informed by fascist ideology.

CnG should at least be given credit for establishing/maintaining democracy in the Irish Free State through difficult times.

On topic:

As I see it SF today hasn't broken with the anti-democratic tradition but is merely using the Democratic institutions to achieve it's ends. As always (like in 1937-43) for them the end justifies the means and if the chosen means isn't working then they are happy to try something else.

• Advertisement

What argument are you talking about? I was trying to discuss the HSE proposal from SF when people headed off down this rabbit hole. If you just want to make up people having arguments with you then off you go. Sorry I can't help you with that

Advertisement