Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the options for a domestic transfer of a large sum?

• 30-09-2021 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

If I were to buy a used car from a private seller with an Irish bank account, what are my options when it comes to transferring the money?

First off, I'm aware of the risks when buying a used car privately, so there's no concern needed on that front.

Let's say the agreed price is €30,000.

I bank with Ulster Bank at the moment. I believe the online/app banking has a daily limit of €10,000. So that would take minimum 4 days to make the payments necessary as the first payment to a new payee is limited to €1000.

In branch can I transfer the full amount in one go? Anybody know what the charge is to carry out such a transaction?

I also have a TransferWise account, but from what I can tell that's not going to be much use as there is no currency change involved and I still have the problem of getting the money from the Ulster Bank account to the Wise account.

Anybody been through this kind of transaction before and have any insight as to the best way to go about it?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

You could get a bank draft and give it to them. No limit on the amount of a bank draft. Charge is around €10.

Answers

Advertisement