Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there any way to get Keane or the other heroes if you didn't pre order before the August date?

How'd you get the icon Keane so fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Managed to get about 800k together from decent packs, playing, and trading, Roy was about 350k off the market. Hero cards are all in packs and on the market right now, I got Robbie for 387k as soon as he was released, he's just gone extinct since then as his max BIN is 425k and he's valued above that so nobody's selling.

I hate Rivals but the more I think about it the more I like the new WL format, yeah it'll hurt if you don't qualify but it's basically taking 10 games from the usual 30 and allowing you to play them during the week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

As someone who hits anywhere between 14 and 16 wins whenever I play WL, I like thoughts of getting almost the exact same rewards for not having to win a game!

The problem will actually be qualifying, but once I'm in it's pretty stress free from there knowing even if I don't win a game I'll still get decent rewards, so there's no pressure at all if I get to that point.

I tend to agree with you. Now maybe I'll never be able to go 5-4 to qualify and I'll be moaning about that in the weeks to come, but overall I like the thought of being able to play the playoff games whenever suits me during the week instead of every weekend you want to play WL being a write-off, especially now with restrictions lifted and needing to spend more time on other stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My worry is I routinely go below 5-4 in my first nine games in the old format, and I'm not looking forward to needing to grind out 1500 every time I fail to qualify. But I've hit the 1500 mark now, so may as well give it a shot.

Current team is...

Have about 500k to spend, but tend to be allergic to big spends this early on. With the exception of Kane and DDG, everything there is untradeable. (EDIT: VVD isn't, actually. But I know I won't get a better CB, so I'm going to treat him as if he is. Him and Varane will likely do me for months).

Not sure who, but I'd like to upgrade Bailly a bit. Hernandez at LB is a bit slow overall too, but not a massive issue. That team has me comfortably at Div 6, Rank 2 currently.

• Advertisement

The thing about qualifying is it benefits everyone to give away wins once they get to 5, the extra wins don't give much better rewards and giving them away lowers the overall quality of players in WL.

I went 5-2 with 2 players gifting me wins and then gave away my last 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I might be a little late (or wrong) with this one, but has anybody used the Luis Diaz TOTW card?

Was just scrolling last night and noticed that it's basically identical to the Vinicius Jr TOTW card only he's about 95% cheaper. Picked one up to test out as a super sub last night for 12.5k BIN so virtually risk free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Bought degea this morning and listed him after 2 game as he may honestly be the worst keeper in the game. Balls literally go through him like osmosis

Not really sure where the SBCs have been, looks like they're just ignoring August POTMs which is disappointing. Usually there's a POTM SBC available on release, back in 20 POTM Pukki was released 8 days before the full game release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Class team. How did you end up with two extinct FUT heros and an icon so soon?

Will be building towards having Robbie Keane & Roy Keane, but it won't be until next year.

• Advertisement

So from looking at rivals, it seems once you win 7 games each week you will qualify for the reward for the highest division you reach? Which is just 1 pack? This seems like a lot of work for 1 pack?

And since you can't go down, does that mean getting this one pack is going to get more difficult as the weeks go on as you presumably climb the ranks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Went 4-5 in qualifying and I usually got Gold 1 last year, so not great. Probably should have waited a few more days before trying as the standard was a bit high. It'll probably get easier over time as I think people who finish high in WL itself get automatic entry to the next week? That'll lower the standard in qualifying a bit

Plan was to get Keane as soon as he released so I just bought him without worrying about his price, lucky for me it went up and not down. Milito isn't extinct though, for some reason he's got an 850k Max BIN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Jeez, the teams people on here have already!! I've had awful pack luck so far. Best pull so far is De Jong. Dreading taking the team into FUT champions qualifiers. I'm in Division 6 at the moment. I keep drawing games though.

This is my current LaLiga team as my best pack pulls have been from that league

I guess 1 pack for 7 wins is possibly better than 20+ wins for three or four packs, in terms of comitment.

It's going to be harder initially, but remember if people are slamming you now, they'll get promoted up out of the division quicker. So eventually the difficulty should plateau or get easier. Plus, as you play, your own abilities will increase naturally too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ah my bad, Milito isn't extinct. One of my favourite players from back in the day. He still costs a far chunk as does Robbie Keane and Roy Keane. Was it pack luck, trading or FIFA points?

But it's 1 pack per week max, right? I can't earn more than 1 pack a week from Rivals.

Bit of all 3, spent the 4600 and didn't get anything special but had a few 30-50k pulls, did some trading and sold up literally everything in the club (every contract, chemstyle, badge, etc.)

Correct.

There's a seasonal pack as well, for playing different number of games (I think, so far, its 10/50/90. I'm only on 60 or so myself).

Realstically, if youre just after a weekly reward, win 7 and then stop and focus attention elsewhere (like objectives).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nearly have enough to buy Morientes for my team. By all accounts he's a beast and on a par with some of the prime icons.

Would love Di Natale but he's extinct :(

• Advertisement

and its bye bye Morientes..no need for him now. Gold upgrade pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Think I did 6 of them yesterday and the best I got was some 80 rated lad

Have you used Morientes? , he looks insane.

no I never got a chance to use him. By all accounts he's an absolute monster. I might still try and work him into the squad.

It's kinda outrageous though that if you can't qualify for WL you're literally limited to SEVEN games per week for rewards.

I was going to ask if there is any point in playing past the 7 wins. All that I get is bumped up a division with no greater reward, so all I'm doing is making my life harder next week?

Do people find SBs worth it? Do you have to play on WC difficulty or something to make it worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Squad Battle rewards aren’t too bad for winning 30-35 matches on World Class, which should be a doddle with any decent team. Play the weak teams (<80 rating and <70 chem) on Legendary and it’s no harder. Not as fun playing the AI, but the bonus is that you can skip everything and the matches go a bit quicker as a result. Great way to test out new players and tactics too.

You’ll get Elite 1 handy enough if you play and win most of the games, it only took me 32 last week and I didn’t even win them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Been hammering them out every now and then waiting for my Mbappe to show up.. nothing yet. Most valuable was Valverde, highest rated is Busquets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So what’s happens you now, do you need to earn the 1500 points again before you can attempt to qualify again (I haven’t actually got the game which is why I’m asking as curious about this)

i was getting nothing but I found since last night I'm seeing more high rated walkouts...got Suarez and Vardy from about 6 of them last night and did 3 today and got Mbappe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

On a side note how how does one get enough funds to purchase a varane or van dijk! I've a decent team but my pairing of Diaz and Maguire have zero pace 😂

Advertisement