Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

I just leave them to it at this stage and have several on ignore. 

"I just turn Boards into a safe space."

You blamed Biden for someone's 3 year immigration issue when he is 9 months into his term. Let me highlight that again for you. You blamed Biden for someone's 3 year immigration issue when he is 9 months into his term. No poster, on either side, would ever agree that the reason you dislike Biden has anything to do with his policies based on that alone. And posters on both sides also find it hilarious that you consider people on the other side delusional based on that alone.

Any issue that currently exists in the US must be because of something that has happened in the past 9 months in your view. The US apparently does not have any long-term issues. The border "crisis", for example, has only existed in the past 9 months apparently. In fact, I believe you first blamed the border "crisis" on Biden less than a month into his term what, about half a dozen reregs ago?

Biden would like to personally apologise to you for not fixing that long term issue within his first month, he'll get right back to building that wall that people who have walked hundreds of miles across desert will certainly not have a plan on how to climb. Even though the majority of illegal immigrants in the US are from visa overstays and not from illegal border crossings, Biden hopes that this will make you happy.

You also claim that the vaccine drive has been "botched", even though his Covid relief plan has been universally praised. And even though when posters asked you how the vaccine drive could be improved, you could not answer. You both think it's bad and also can't think of any way of improving it, all at once. Impressive. 88% of Democrats are fully vaccinated compared to 55% of Republicans. The last republican president told US citizens that Covid was nothing to worry about. Who is at fault for that 55% figure?

You claim that the Afghanistan withdrawal was "botched" even though when posters asked you if the withdrawal was the correct thing to do, you did not respond. Because that would mean agreeing with something Biden did, and we couldn't possibly be having that. And if we asked you to point to withdrawals of that scale that have ever gone smoother, I'm sure you'd be able to make an impressively large list.

You suggest that Biden has "run scared from journalism". If I understand you correctly, you are not suggesting that Biden is afraid of getting a degree in journalism, but that he is not answering questions. Biden is, instead, answering questions at the same rate as previous US presidents, with the exception of the last one. Biden has had four times as many solo press conferences in his first nine months than the last president had in his first year, for example. I'm sure that didn't bother you at the time though. And at his first solo press conference, he was not asked a single question about the pandemic, arguably the biggest issue he has to deal with, so you must forgive him if he prefers spending his time fixing issues. The previous president also singled out reporters he didn't like and didn't take their questions. He would instead only take questions from reporters that he knew would ask him safe questions, even at press conferences. Biden does not do that as he is not a scared, sensitive little bitch.

And you suggest that Biden should be concerned about approval ratings, and yet every president of the past 50 years has at some point had an approval rating lower than Biden's lowest rating. Given that presidents who have had their approval rating as low as 35% in their fist term have somehow miraculously been re-elected, he must be absolutely terrified.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why would you use a platform where you put people on ignore that disagree with you?

The whole point should be to have a debate and engage back?

Unless you’re incapable of it.

Joey ain’t going anywhere because of his approval rating anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

If you're talking about my post,, it's not a "3 year immigration issue". We had zero issues or delays last time which was 3 years ago.

The current delay is definitely related to covid restrictions, at least for us. I wasn't blaming Biden (although I do wish he would do something to fix it or even address it, and that he had lifted the travel ban way before now but hey ho), just pointing out that the legal side of things isn't so rosy either. The system is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There's delusion in your post alright.

American public won't have to stand for him much longer anyway will they, Trump is going to be reinstated in July, I mean August, I mean September.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Because posters like that aren't here for discussion. They're only here to push a certain type of politics. They have no actual ability to debate a point of view and it all comes down to simple sniping from the sidelines in order to big up "their guy". It's a trend that you can see extremely clearly with a lot of the Trump worshippers around here. They talk shite until they're kicked off the forum. Then they re-reg and talk some more shite.

But they have absolutely nothing to contribute in the way of a sensible point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Let's try something really simple, take a policy, your choice, and then give your opinion on what Biden should be doing differently and why he should do it differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Biden's nuclear policy appears to be messy. His budget request continues the previous administration's move to increase nuclear weapon spending, rather than reducing it and the evaluation of the US military's nuclear program might be in some disarray as a long-time expert was removed from her post leading the project. Spending more on nuclear weapons seems to only benefit the contractors that build and maintain them, and risks disaster if they're ever used.

(there are good links in that report that show the eye-watering budget line items associated with the US nuclear programs, which go on for decades.)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭BobHopeless

Sunday's exchanges on political talk shows served to show how far away the Democratic party is from forging a common path forward in the days to come. The spin from some progressive activists after last week's late night brinkmanship and rare defiance of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is that the showdown saved the ambition of Biden's larger agenda by keeping engaged the moderates who want the infrastructure plan passed as soon as possible.

Biden talked about bringing the country together but he is failing miserably in even bringing his own party together.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At least they're capable of independent thought and don't have to copy and paste other people's work. How embarrassing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

We have fanatically Democrat supporting posters here though too that can't admit any errors on his part that are worse, because they aren't reregs potentially just trying to get a rise.

Look at the response about Biden either lying, forgetting about the advice he received from the Military or and this is only a slight possibility, he doesn't read briefings from the joint chiefs of staff about one of his most important decision to be made.

Those are literally the only three options but posters can't admit that for some reason :-/ probably something something Trump though will be the response.

And further to my point, if one of the people that aren't Biden fanboys posted like that they would be thread banned permanently no question. Different rules apply though

Can you name said “Biden fanboys”. I don’t think there’s a single one on here

they/them/theirs

Why not ignore it? I sometimes do wonder are the type of posts your replying to actually by trump supporters or are they made so Biden supporters have something easy to reply too.

What's your view on Bidens statement when interviewed compared to the joint chiefs of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

There's plenty and the example I gave makes it easy to spot who's a hyper Partisan Biden supporter, there is literally only the three options to Bidens answer when interviewed about the advice he received from the military, none of which are good. Somebody who isn't a Democrat fanboy would freely admit that, plenty of posters can't. Therefore they are Biden fanboys.

Edit to make it easier I will list them again.

1- He deliberately lied to make himself look better in a high profile interview

2- He forgot he received very important advice so we can have doubts about his capabilities

3- He either doesn't read the briefings from some of the most important people in relation to one of the most important decision he has to make or his staff have deliberately isolated him to an extreme degree. This is less likely IMO if you read how the the generals respond to this question- they don't want to explicitly say he forgot or lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

First President in history to break facebook, twitter and Whatsapp all in the same day. Well done Mr President that is something Trump could never achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Twitter is working btw.

Also, I’m hoping this is satire.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Can't get used to the new mobile site but above post is obviously related to your question.

Now in terms of yourself, why do you think the explanation is for Biden giving a direct answer that's counter to the truth. A lie, a senior moment or that he doesn't read briefings from the joint chiefs of staff or that his staff keep the Commander of chief away from the briefings of the joint chiefs of staff. It has to be one of the above doesn't it? If ones not hyper partisan it's an easy enough question.

You went that far back in my post history so you could give an example of the fact that there are many Biden fanboys in this thread, but somehow missed the fact that the very person who you quoted is not such a fanboy and has many recent posts where he has been critical of some of Biden's policies and also stated that Biden was not his preferred democratic candidate?

Oops, what a silly mistake on your part.

I went back 3 pages I think in this thread to about a week ago because I remembered the discussion, I'm not even sure if you can search right by user in the new mobile site?

There is little difference between a true believer in Biden and someone who won't accept [b]any [/b]criticism of him because that reflects badly on the democrats (and the same is true for Trump.

I will wait till he replies to my simple question, maybe that will change my mind but I am expecting some attempt to play it into a positive light even though it really is something that can't be spun that way

Presumably that debt ceiling stuff which could be passed it needed with only the democrats as I understand it, though it might impact their other agenda items

Stop trying to deflect. You claimed the thread was full of “Biden Fanboys”. Please substantiate that claim or withdraw it.

they/them/theirs

Ffs this is ridiculous. Trump shutdown the government rather than a agree to a deal to raise the debt ceiling. Because he wanted money for his wall. That was a lot closer.

The GOP played debt ceiling chicken repeatedly when Obama was President. That was as a lot closer.

You are spouting nonsense.

they/them/theirs

What deflection? I’m happy to comment on it once we finish with his/her nonsense comment about imaginary “Biden Fanboys”. They don’t exist.

they/them/theirs

Funniest thing I've seen on the internet today..

• Advertisement

It's amusing, they post that kind of rubbish and then get their knickers in a twist when you call out their posts for the bullshït they are. Such a tedious bunch of crybabies.

Advertisement