Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yes this happened tom and yeah you have to get 1500 points again. They don't even give you a pity reward like giving you 100 qualifications for at least losing in the qualifiers. It is pretty dispiriting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

They can't keep it as is. They are boxing off FUT champions for a huge amount of players.

The difference in quality of teams between those who can qualify and those who can't is going to be ridiculous. Going 0-20 in FUT champs is like finishing gold 1 last year, while everyone else is stuck having to re-qualify and only getting 1 or 2 packs per week from rivals, and a couple of bits and pieces from the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

that is so bad! As someone who’s not superb at the game I find this new set up awful and would make me not get the game.

imagine the pressure when you’re 4-4 and lose to a bs goal, not only do you miss out on the weekend league and it’s rewards, you’ve to start the process of another 30 or 40 rivals games just to earn the right to attempt the qualifying again.

I know it’s geared to make you spend fifa points in order to “make sure you qualify next time” but this might back fire on them.

casuals won’t hang around for months if they don’t address this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I need to get the 1500 points again, and it is not quick...at least 15 wins at my current level I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

That’s woeful, really hope they amend this.

hopefully you get there quick enough and best of luck qualifying next time, as you said, standard should be a little easier by then

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How on earth do people get the 1500 points for FUT Champs each week? That's a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I have been playing rivals since early access and only have 1300.

I honestly don't think I will try for weekend league at all.

Play some rivals and then do some objectives is what this FIFA is looking like for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

There is 3 ways to make money

Trade which is exhausting

Spend € which is depressing (I've done it)

Get extremely lucky in a random pack (not likely)

If you are looking to upgrade and I'm guessing you have a prem team. Rudiger is a great and isn't that much compared to Varane etc.

Best bet is to do all the milestones and objectives that reward packs, usually untradable, and hope for the best.

FUT Champs qualifiers every couple of weeks it seems like is all I can hope for. Do you get rewards for getting to the qualifiers?

Do you get a larger number of points for games in higher divisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You get a lot more points per win when you go up divisions. Can't find specifics online but you're talking double points per win as you go up a division. E.g. I'm getting 100 per win in Div 5

Post edited by AdamD on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I am also in division 5, so yeah 100 for a win. But rivals rewards you for only 7 wins so that is double blow if you have to win 15 games ( or less with a few points for draws and losses)

I have tried and failed many times to get into FUT. I have made way more progress this year, definitely have my best ever team.

Only reason is I bought ultimate edition so got 4600 points free and then bought 4600 on top.

Never bought points in previous years and it’s not fun. IMO you need to be willing to spend some €€ to enjoy FUT unless you love grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

A 78+ upgrade out requiring 5 golds.

Guess they're trying to reduce the supply of common golds in order to increase the price of them and kick start some activity on the market.

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did 5 of them, got an 81 Vaclik as my highest. Prob won’t do anymore.. supply is slowly dwindling.

1-3 in my first WL qualifier attempt :/

it’s savagely boring too. Everyone trying to grind out 1-0 wins where they just hold possession and sit deep. By condensing it down, they’ve taken away all the fun of trying to play a game of football, and made everyone want ultra conservative. I only lost one of the three badly. The other two were very close. Just boring. Even in the win I got, the guy was losing 1-0 and still refusing to do anything but sit deep….

It’s really not making me want to bother with trying this regularly.

Oh boy, not sure I should play WL.

Absolutely nothing triggers me in FIFA like someone who just keeps possession at the back. I hate these people. They ruin the whole game.

Like, I get it’s a legit tactic, and the whole competition aspect rewards it.

But I just can’t be arsed with it. I am much happier losing 5-4 than winning 1-0 with time wasting. And I don’t even mind if it’s cause the teams are mismatched but you see lads playing super teams with dire stuff.

It's legit in the same way taking the ball into the corner is legit, but people who do this are also people I hate.

I play for fun, these people ruin it. If someone is semi competent it is easy to keep the ball at the back and never give it away, it makes it practically impossible to compete.

I am starting to realise it's better to just quit on these people. Better to take the L quickly than take the L, waste a load of time and end up triggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did 5 of the 78+ upgrades so far. Luis Alberto, Chiellini, Coates, Pellegrini and Rebic.

I can actually use Chiellini, and the rest are great SBC fodder. I might run all my common golds through this, the hit rate doesn’t look too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Best goal from Robbie so far

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ve done about 20 already. My luck has dried up but I got Aguero in the last one so I’ll leave it at that I think. Nothing amazing from it, but it’s put some money in the bank for Icon or Hero SBCs at least. Would recommend doing a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Interesting about FUT Champs rewards this year is that you get the rewards as soon as you finish your 20 games.

Very handy if you qualify and had a busy weekend ahead, in theory you could play all 20 of your games on Friday and receive your rewards immediately.

Also EA have confirmed that qualifying match-making is based on form, just like WL. So say you go 0-2 in your first 2 games for example, you'll be matching people with the same records.

Did ten of those new upgrades. 7 duplicates, and three new cards all 78 rated.

So flipped back to the normal gold upgrades.

Kevin DeBryune in pack two.

Not sure how to fit him in, but might just finish cycling my common golds through it.

I didnt cop until earlier that the max is 90 and whatever division you're in after 90 is the max reward. So for me, I'm pushing for D2 now but already maxed my 90 games. I thought that was just going to keep going up but just realised today its finished on my end.

There actually is, as in the Elite division you get TOTW picks as well.

If you dont think you can get there though then yes it's not overly important.

I had around 2100 points last year so I dont see why I wont be able to get in there and it's my best way to catch up without putting money in.

I just think i need to win more than 50% of my games(maybe theres more winning streaks in there but from the menu I dont see it being more than +1/-1 three steps for a checkpoint.

Might not do it before Thurs but I'm up to S3 D3 so next is D2. I'll hopefully hit there before Thursday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Any chance you could play my games for me? Haha

You dont want me to play. Im plagued by button delay 😁.

But seriously if you only have to win more games than you lose, then I don't see why anyone from D1/D2 couldn't make it.

Maybe theres some curve balls in D2/D1 with relegation or big win streaks needed but looking ahead in the progress it just looks like +1/-1 over 3/4 steps to checkpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Better to have button delays than to be me and not know the right buttons to press 😁😄

Will take me a long time to get the qualification points even needed to have a chance of even qualifying, nearly into Div 6 now though so hopefully the extra qualification points will help me.

Advertisement