Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fe-hun

Cursed a good bit when I spilt coffee on myself and didn't have time to clean it up.. just sat in the muck of my coffee for the exam... which was not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

😂😂😂

Yeah I definitely did a lot of giving out out-loud. I am sure it is probably flagged but very obvious to see when someone is talking to themselves and when someone is in conversation with another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Does anyone know if the Law Soc have provided helpline numbers for issues during the exam? Checked my email but can't seem to find any other than the helpline numbers that are no longer valid

• Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Company: Think it's safe to leave out changes implemented by CA '14 and Summary Approval Procedure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Could anyone briefly explain what the impact of UCC v ESB was on the Glencar test for DOC? Is it just that it no longer has to be fair just and reasonable to impose a DOC? Only just found out about the case and really don't want to read the judgement haha. TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mulroche

is 35 mins a question for the online exam adequate? that leaves ten mins at start and 15 mins at the end and ten minutes to spare between for any difficult questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I believe the court questioned the used of just and equitable. They said in certain circumstances how can a court decide. They did set this judgement apart as ESB had a special level of control. That was my take and it could be wrong.

---------

Commenting on the Glencar test, the judges said that “We are not sure… that the use of that part of the test … to the effect that a court must determine whether it is “just and equitable” in all the circumstances to impose a duty of care, is really of any great assistance. It begs the question of how a court is to decide what is just and equitable. By reference to what criteria or considerations is the justice or equity of the case to be analysed?”

The court said that the ESB had a “special level of control over a danger”, (from Robinson v Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police [2018] AC 736), and found that the case was one of the limited situations where the law imposes a duty to confer a benefit. This duty of care arises on the basis that the ESB had a “special and substantial level of control which would enable it to prevent or reduce harm arising from a flood danger”, and that the duty concerned could be specified with reasonable clarity so as not to impose an impermissibly vague obligation on the ESB.

------

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Yeah that was my understanding too! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Can someone help me. Just wondering if a nervous shock problem question comes up how would you approach it without looking like you are rhyming off notes? Do you make reference to hambrook v Stoke bros and the test in mcloughlin v o brien and the deficiencies in lord wilberforces test for secondary victims per alock and go on to how the Irish test extended from reasonable foreseeability in Mullaly to Kelly v Hennessy, Cadbury, Fletcher sheehin v bus eireann etc?

or how would someone attempt it? Any pointers would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

My take on it would be to stick with Kelly v Hennessy and work through the 5 criteria. Give cases for each and then apply it to the situation. I wouldn't mention the English law proressiom unless it's an essay question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 lawgrad2020

If you watch the tort nbn video from around 16 minutes onwards, it talks through exactly how to tackle a nervous shock question and it's only ten minutes long! It wont let me link it but it was a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

I hope so - I'm leaving both of those out. I dunno why but I cannot for the life of me remember any of the 'changes implemented' details when I've tried to cover it.

Anyone have very condensed notes for occupiers liability and professional negligence? Last min.com would be greatly appreciated

Anyone who did a prep course given predictions for what might come up in property and in what format (PQ/Essay) wondering if I should prepare a draft answer for a potential Webb v Ireland essay Q?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Has anybody company scripts that their willing to share, I have a 58% tort (March 2021) and 54% EU (also March 2021) that I’m willing to swap! DM me please

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Hi

Has anyone got an up to date grid for property.

TIA

Gus Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Do people think that internet will be fully back tomorrow - I cannot access better examinations, just loads forever and times out, likely impacted by whatever internet outage is out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Loaded fine for me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Make sure you are logging in using chrome. I recall that being one of the things last time they mentioned. Mine is loading grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Cheers to both - still not working on chrome though, hopefully fixed by tomorrow.

also those sitting PROPERTY Friday, have a look at legal news Ireland for the article regarding registration of easements in PRA, seems it’s likely to return to pre-2009 level. Might be useful for exam if it comes up.

Yep, i know Vodafone has some issues but google and this seems to work fine (and Twitter of course) my exams start Wednesday so if I still have issues tomorrow with betterexaminations I’ll check with the law society.

I’m the same and my BE also isn’t working!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

anyone have the link for the exams to better examinations?

If you google better examinations log in it should come up

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

thanks... i'm sitting company tomorrow but exam is still not showing. am i the only one?

That is normal. sometimes doesn't appear until the morning of the exam. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Do people put case law into the institutions essay for EU?

• Advertisement

Contract - does anyone know how much detail I need for the consumer insurance contracts act 2019 in misrepresentation? My notes on it are so long so would love to cut

Advertisement