Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Not today, It was a few weeks ago in Swords.

But I think its worth doing every day, because that guy said they come in every couple of days.

I guess we have got into the age where we expect everything to be on the internet and dont think of these things unless its by accident.

I was fulkly expecting to be on a list for many months, if it was even possible to get on a list. Total fluke that i walked in.

I was actually on my way to Smyths to do that and as I walked past currys, thought to myself, maybe they have a list.

cheers.

but not practical for many people to be calling into shops regularly just to verbally ask about stock if not going to the same location to get groceries etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Smyths are apparently taking in store pre orders now too. €20 to reserve.

I just did it once.

From what I gather they are in stock quite often over the counter. Nobody asks though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 low_key

DID blanch has some stock. Just picked one up at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Out of curiosity, was it the console only or any bundle? I rang the store and they were sold out ... any other DID drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 low_key

Just the console. Bought an extra controller and charger separate. Just randomly asked at the counter and was lucky to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I just managed to reserve one for the longford argos store. Was showing up as 5 in stock when you search for PlayStation PlayStation select the check stock in your area link. I have got a confirmation email and reservation code. Will update later when I go to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Can someone explain how reserving in Argos works? I saw that my local said I could reserve now for collection sometime next week. Got a confirmation email but no reservation code it seems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I think if there is no reservation number then there is no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Correct - it's a defect on the Argos.ie web site. When some items go out of stock, it incorrectly shows you can reserve it and sends you an email with no reservation number. However an "out of stock" message will be displayed on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Argos had a stock of PS5’s this morning. I picked one up today. The site was very odd this morning. Relative got a reservation code for me but she wasn’t sure it was legit the way it went through. I got Digital edition from Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

No stock available anywhere currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I say going to be tough for people to get for Xmas presents. October next week. You will start to see people who weren't really looking to get the ps5 start to look for one now for a child for crimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I was only saying this to a friend recently. I don't think it will be quite as bad as last Christmas, but getting one is going to get more and more difficult from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭jj880

I second this. He/she is quick with Argos and Smyths. I got a few using this twitter account for friends over the Summer but they said they'll leave ot closer to Christmas. They may regret that. Try get 1 asap I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dani1011

Missed the argos drop early this morning!! 😔😔😔 from midnight they had some in stock!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Very few according to the guy on Twitter. They still have the phantom reserve issue. Thought I'd gotten one myself only to get the email with no reservation number 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cdemess

Game in Belfast had stock today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,475 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Any Dublin stock known about ? I’m North Dublin preferably but gots the cash, will travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any ideas when Smyths will have the PS5 in stock? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Ps5 instore pre orders this morning at Smyths

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yep, got down to the Sligo store for 9am and have the standard version pre ordered now. Wasn't too busy strangely enough

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Smyths started taking pre-orders from around 8.30am in all stores across the UK and Ireland this morning. Rumours started spreading on Twitter since yesterday evening. Stocks are mostly gone in an hour.

John Lewis is rumoured to be doing store restocks on 15 October, with a potential online sale around similar dates. They most likely won't deliver to Republic of Ireland but should deliver to Northern Ireland.

I would strongly recommend anyone who is yet to source a PS5 to look out for restock information on Twitter & Discord feeds, especially the UK ones. I got the rumours from the UK twitter feed last night and successfully got mine ordered this morning.

Saw a guy walking out of Smyths in Airside with one about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Managed to sort one for a mate this morning for his sons Christmas present. That's now the 4th one I've sourced having previously got myself, that same mate and my sister sorted since January.

All because I follow that Irish ps5 stock page on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Had anyone used deliverme.ie to get UK stuff delivered to Ireland? Just missed out on smyths this morning so may try and get John Lewis ones of they are available around the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've ordered from John Lewis before - smaller, low value items (not a console!!). Used Address Pal, took a few days extra to arrive. You'll have to take a significant hit on import charges. Not sure I would recommend that kind of approach for a high value item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cdemess

Use deliverme - all deliveries I’ve received have arrived on time. One went missing (I checked the tracking and it said refused) rang them and they tracked it down immediately and had it delivered in the afternoon.

Zero custom fees, which is nice.

make sure that you don’t order loads of things off John Lewis, unless you stare package everything together they will post individually.

Advertisement