Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US company won’t accept non US card payment

• 05-10-2021 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m trying to buy a couple of things from coachoutlet.com which is an American company/website. They don’t ship internationally so I intended to use a forwarding service.

When I got to the payment part of the process the website wouldn’t accept my Irish Visa card. I rang them and was told that they don’t accept payment from cards which don’t have a USA billing address even if the goods are being sent to a US address. I also tried to pay via PayPal but again they won’t take payment from an account with a non US address.

Is there any way around this? I did find one company which will order goods for you but they only order from limited list of goods. Has anybody got any more ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,432 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need a card that lets you set a virtual address. The old PostFX card let you do this I think, I don't see it mentioned for the replacement An Post Money card.

But if they have this many measures in place to stop foreign orders; they are going to know what the forwarding service addresses are and cancel the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's nothing to do with stopping foreign orders as they only ship within the USA.

It's simply a fraud protection where they want the cardholder address to be a USA address.

Coach have an outlet in Kildare village and extra 20% off starts this weekend.

Overpriced in any case, but some people will pay huge premium for a brand name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can you not set your papal address to the same as your virtual address and then order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

I think it needs to be a confirmed Paypal address and in any case I wasn't able to add an address outside Ireland when I tried recently.

OP, there is a company called myus.com that do reshipping (like Parcel Motel used to for the UK) but they also have a buying service.

You simply add the links to all the products you want to purchase and the quantities and they handle the rest. They pay the merchant so it gets around all of the kind of payment restrictions you have encountered.

There isn't any additional charge for it over and above their normal costs either.

The goods are forwarded to you by FedEx once they receive them at their warehouse. You will have to pay VAT on the total cost of goods plus delivery obviously.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

If its not a high value item i would use a made up address and phone number... i have done this buying from uk with a made up address/+44 phone number. Basically the same as your doing Aith addressPal...

• Advertisement

I actually do not remember how i did it... are you saying the invoice and card address are cross checked...

My memory is i created address for delivery purpose and just gave card details for payment... i do not always be asked for validation...

In many cases yes. In the scenario the OP has described, always

As i said i always was able to get what i wanted but never bought from USA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

It doesn't even have to get as far as an address validation, the first 4 digits of the card number identify the bank that issued the card and the country assigned to the bank legal entity that issued the card ie Bank of Ireland, Ireland or Citibank USA or Citibank CZ etc, the site will just reject cards that are not issued by a US based branch of a US bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Advertisement