Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Do Smyths have it? I pre-ordered a month ago and they haven't even shipped it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alan Wake not in any Smyths store, says expected in stock 7th October. I assumed preorders would make it out on the 5th. Checking Gamestop, you can't seem to collect in store, just order for delivery. Must be a serious shortage of copies of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I managed to get a PS5 copy from Argos in Blanchardstown. Looks like it was the only copy on either platform from any of the shops I checked. I noticed GameStop had it alright, PS4 version popped up then shortly after the PS5 version.

Shops obviously only getting the deliveries this morning but looks like next to nothing. Best bet is to try Smyths on the 7th or order it from GameStop and hope it arrives soon.

I’m in no rush but this is a bit of a pain

Looks like some Argos have the PS4 version if anyone's looking. I wonder if it was unexpected demand or just delayed shipments. Good few people said they weren't interested so I didn't think there'd be much demand (if there is much, that is).

4K will certainly look a lot nicer than the 960x540 resolution on the 360!

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Are you better off getting ps4 version or does the ps5 version have more to offer? There's a free ps5 upgrade I assume..

My local argos now just recently added it for collection tomorrow for ps4 or ps5

Apparently people are having issues upgrading the PS4 version so I'd say go with the PS5 version for now.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is there any easy way of getting the Ubi points? Or is it simply from buying stuff off them previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Playing any Ubisoft games if you have them like Assasssins Creed etc. They usually have fairly straightforward challenges that earn Ubi points.

About 3 hours into Alan Wake now. The updated faces look a bit odd but I have to say it's a good looking game considering. Gameplay can be a bit clunky at times, there was a section where I needed a few tries to pass 4-5 guys because I had no flares or anything and it is a little challenging but other than that it controls fine.

Something a number of reviews mentioned was the gameplay being outdated compared to modern games. Every game has forced skill upgrades or crafting and it's unnecessary in a lot of games or at the very least should be simplified. Not an issue here, it's actually a nice change not having to decide between health or a weapon mod.

For €30 it's definitely worth checking out if you haven't played it before and as long as you understand it's a remaster and not a complete remake so obviously no HDR, ray tracing on the older engine then there's not a ton to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Was able to reserve Alan Wake just now at my local Argos so worth keeping an eye on your local one.it only popped up in the last 5mins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Haven't even been charged by Smyths yet for it!

I tell a lie, they did!

I'll give it a go but currently playing Dying Light and started The Medium the weekend and also have Deathloop to play 🤣

I ordered a ps5 and ps4 copy for collection today in argos but unfortunately only the ps4 version arrived..

Should I wait for the ps5 version is the upgrade really that bad?

Would have to wait for Digital Foundry to know for sure but it will almost certainly run at a higher framerate and resolution on PS5, I'd say its worth waiting a day or two. Especially as Smyths seem to be getting stock now too.

Ordered it from Smyths may be here tomorrow... I can wait I've too much to play anyways

PS4 - 1080p 30fps

PS4 Pro Performance - 1080p 60fps

PS4 Pro Quality - 1296p 30fps

PS5 - 1440p 60fps

Considering how much you're waving the torch around in the game I'd say wait for the PS5 version or if you're playing on a smaller screen 1080p60 would be alright. I normally don't mind 30fps in newer games but the higher frame rate is nice. The game is pretty sharp looking thanks to 1440p. Adaptive triggers are very basic for shooting but still feel satisfying.

Graphics wise the textures are pretty good. I was expecting them to be worse. I think the only real downside in terms of graphics is the character models being a bit stiff in facial animation and movement but the rest of the game looks pretty good considering it's not a full remake and it didn't sound like they put that much work into it. Looking forward to a second playthrough with the commentary.

Only downside is cutscenes are 30fps but a bit stuttery. I think the latest patch improved them but still could use a bit of tweaking.

Alan wake shipped now using Fast way so prob be next week before I receive it

• Advertisement

Mine was DPD, usually pretty decent. I'd be surprised if it isn't there tomorrow morning

Yeah DPD have been very good in the last year. Stuff has arrived into their depot at 4am and arrived by lunch time for me. I've a few regular deliveries with them and they're consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone here playing FIFA 22 ? I find the graphics very poor and more like a cartoon. I know the below link is click bait but it describes exactly what I’m seeing.

https://www.givemesport.com/1762236-fifa-22-graphics-on-playstation-4-look-better-than-graphics-on-ps5-for-new-game?amp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Maybe they have a PS4 and a PS5, at any time, only one can play the game and they're happy with that.

Ah I ordered 1 of each for collection from argos as there was none in stock.. wanted the ps5 copy as someone was saying there's issues with the upgrades..

I ended up buying ps5 version from smyths..

I'm not sure what the issue is it was just mentioned I'd assume the latter though..

Also you would need to download the ps5 version when using the ps4 disc..

A number of users on Reddit were saying they had no way to download the PS5 upgrade with their PS4 copy. They had gotten the PS4 version as people in both the US and Europe are having difficulty finding physical PS5 copies.

Not sure if it's fixed now as I couldn't find the post.

Advertisement