Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Trios titles seems to be the speculation. The Bucks and Adam Cole will probably be the first champions I'd say. Maybe Christian and Jurrasic Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

While I loved the Arn promo (even if... yeah... "you won't murder people so goodbye"), the whole angle really speaks to Cody's tone-deafness.

Fans are already booing him. The heel-turn writes itself. Have him lose a tag with a likeable babyface partner, then take it out on him afterwards, wail on him with a chair, every once in a while telling the crowd to go F themselves....

But no, we'll instead get a drawn-out, over-booked retelling of a movie character's arc to villainy, that's totally wrong for the room, and that nobody wants except Rhodes Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Sending death threats to anyone is obviously fcuked up behaviour but sending them to a wrestler because they decided to work for another company seems especially odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's social media nowadays no comeuppance for people like this , it's affecting every big name celebrity or sporting star now a days , as long as people can hide behind fake pages this stuff will never go away sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe be the Joker will be Tony Khan. That would go over great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think the death threats can be summed up as follows, and if anymore come to mind, feel free to tack them on.

1. WWE made you, how could you betray that.
    2. How dare Wrestler X leave for the betterment of his/her career.

It's about damned time, that those type of people realized that the WWE isn't the be all, and end all it used to be. But their so entrenched, that they can't recognize,or refuse to anything outside the WWE bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW's growth in 2 years has been pretty incredible really.

I'd love if the Joker was someone like Ospreay, Speedball or White.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MJF said he was taking the night off to enjoy the 2nd anniversary with a glass of wine, could it be a decoy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

God I hope it's not the Bucks, not much point of having a trios title if it just devalues your normal tag title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Completely hopeful guess here as to what Tony's "a huge announcement" could be.

Maybe AEW touring internationally next year, concluding with a show at Fulham's Craven Cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Curious what it is alright, super PPV with all the big companies outside WWE? Trios titles? Impact wrestling purchase? Will be a good show no doubt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wow they are really starting this quickly

Show must be packed full of action

Poor Kenny, luchasaurus was just to heavy for him

So happy to see Serena Deeb back.

Unbelievable wrestler

Deeb is the one-woman FTR

So so happy she won, what a great great surprise

That Deeb - Shida match was a fantastic piece of business. It cannot be overstated how much of an achievement it is to get legit heel heat in Philly with old school pro-wrasslin.

So **** happy he's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What a show.

Fantatsic opener bar one minor failed spot, great womens match with the right result, lots of promos and segments highlighting a lot of talent such as Darby, Black, Martin, Starks etc and a hell of a main event, man that return pop.... just wow.

I have yet to stay up for AEW and be filled with regret for doing so.

Also that Avalache Deadeye through the table looked so dangerous.

I could actually see that show struggling to stay north of 1m viewers. More misses than hits for me, Deeb-Shida and Guevara-Fish being my highlights. Low point was definitely Jericho's song left playing over his run-in/save, just so the crowd would sing his chorus.

The multi-man tags and the multi-man ladder-matches have their audience, fair enough. But I just have a funny feeling that not many amongst the audience AEW have built in recent weeks will have much of a stomach for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fish another UE of NXT in AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Why do they insist in making Luchasauras look like a total dweeb? How many times did he get knocked off the apron by the Bucks' **** punches?

Wow that’s shocking

Bobby Fish officially signs with AEW.

a very meh signing and one that scratches the head as Bobbys best days are well behind him and that injury history………..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

This spot was absolutely brilliant and so,so funny!

Have watched it dozens of times and it still cracks me up!

ADAM COLE BAY BAY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking Sammy needs to cancel his Inner Circle membership considering no one was coming out for the save. Then Jericho chose to wait for his music before coming out.

Tony Khan looked very like Tony Schiavone when making the announcement.

Deeb/Shida was so good, they got me with the award for Shida, thought she had it in the bag! Nice shock win for Serena, she's such a good heel. Good night overall for the women's division, the TBS championship looks great.

The 8 man and the TNT championship match were both very good. I like Sammy as a face but when he eventually turns heel and attacks Fuego it's gonna be so good.

Hangman back as the Joker was obviously chef's kiss, a great moment to get back on the road to Hangman/Omega. Good to see AEW hasn't abandoned the storyline for all the shiny new ex-WWE toys as some were dying to tell us and had actually just given Page time off as he requested, which seems a pretty decent thing to do!

Nice lineup for Rampage too, really looking forward to Punk/Garcia and the Acclaimed getting a title shot.

PAC was very lucky not to get seriously hurt it looked like Hangman let go of him half through that and didn't protect him at all PAC could have landed on his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hangman back is great. Hopefully that's going to Full Gear and he takes the title off Kenny there.

Shame for Shida though, guessing this is going to be the catalyst for the heel turn for her since she's be working that a bit on Dark.

Advertisement