Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Murders in the Building - Hulu - Steve Martin & Martin Short

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I pointed this out earlier in the thread in the hopes people might be careful when posting if they're watching at US pace. It's not a plot spoiler, as you say, but I hope people will keep it in mind if/when plot reveals start happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I watched episode 7 last night and I won’t give anything away but I found the way the episode was done to be very interesting and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a TV episode done in that way before.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only 4 episodes in so far, but enjoying it. As I get older, I'm enjoying these light comedies better.

Well that ending this week put paid to my prime suspect can't wait for next week final episode now.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's the final episode? Aw no. I have loved this and binge watched all the episodes in the last few days. I was hoping for lots more episodes 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

Agree and a surprisingly easy watch.

A like something a bit different.

Next weeks finale is set up nicely now.

I just don't get Jane Lynch she is Jane Lynch in every show she is in, Why do actors who play the same character in everything keep getting work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've only just watched episode 8, "Fan Fiction" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I could see that ending coming but looking forward to the last 2 episodes 😀

• Advertisement

Fantastic end to a fantastic series.

Looking forward to season 2 now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Well I enjoyed the antics of the characters in the finale but overall I'm disappointed.

I hate that they used the first episode's opening hook, with Mabel over the dead body, as the cliffhanger again into continuing the show into another season. It took me out of the episode as I kept thinking they had forgotten all about that opening part, and then they throw it in at the last minute.

Post edited by homerun_homer on

I enjoyed the final episode. Even better I seem to have forgotten last week's episode so I had two to watch. I enjoyed them both and had forgotten all about

the opening scene so was a bit delighted to see that. I wonder if Mabel's reference to loose ends was a reference to that?

They are apparently working on series 2 right now and while looking that up I discovered that there is an official podcast for the show as well. Something to keep us entertained while we have withdrawal symptoms ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just finished ep7...terrific lovely watch of a series so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I hadn't realised until today that Disney+ had released the final two episodes this week. Was patiently waiting for next Tuesday to catch the finale.

Overall a great series although I thought it peaked mid season. The actual mystery was of little interest to me and it became more prominent as the show went on as you'd expect.

The second season has the potential to be great if the plan is to centre it around Tina Fey's inevitable Serial-like podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Overall, I enjoyed the show, but I feel the younger cast let it down. We needed more Short/Martin and definitely less of Selena Gomez with her horrible voice, and her charisma-free boyfriend. Any scenes with them and my enjoyment of the show plummeted. Amy Ryan was great in it though and ended up playing against type. It was a bit ridiculous at the end, with the showdown in the boiler-room, although I did enjoy Martin being wheeled around in Short's doggie-pram :) The repetitive musical motif started to get on my nerves too after a while and distracted from the action. Overall I couldn't give it more than 5.5/10 although that's not bad to me. It's a fluff show, and hopefully there will be more of Tina Fey's egomaniacal podcaster in the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

It was different. It was an easy watch. Really liked the signed episode as something different.

Wouldn't be going overboard about it. A 6 or 7 out of 10.

A bit disappointed to see the lazy entrance into season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭archfi

I loved it, comfortable funny viewing with mystery thrown in and two of film comedy's best artists to boot.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very enjoyable viewing. binged it over a few evenings. pretty perfect lengths per episode

i wouldn't agree that the first scene / last scene cliff-hanger was lazy. if it had have been Oscar i would have agreed, but the tie dye wearer turned out to be both surprising and funny.

and the 'tie dye' aspect of the story through every episode (apart from maybe 7, i cant recall) so its not as if they just presented the opening scene and made no reference to it until the end of the season.

Just finished it today after weeks of broadband issues. Really enjoyed the whole series and I liked the ending, and the set up for S2. It'll be interesting to see how they structure it.

I was howling with laughter through the last episode, especially the scenes with the lift, and the call back to Sting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We watched this over the past week. Really enjoyed it. Wouldn't be a massive fan of Steve Martin or Martin Short but they were great in it. I particularly enjoyed Shorts character! Made a nice change for something with a bit of humour - I generally watch true crime/thriller stuff. 8/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cara Delevingne joins

Season 2 returns on June 28th

I wasn't expecting it back so soon. It's funny how covid delaying things became quite normal so I was expecting a much longer wait. That and the episodes only airing weekly, compared to things that drop all the episodes at once, meaning sometimes a full year between seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Surprising enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. Can't wait for the second season of Only Murders in the Building to release.

Brilliant, I can't wait for this :)

I'm a bit wary about some of the casting for S2, but hopefully they'll repeat the magic of S1 and keep the 3 mains as the focus, using guest stars intermittently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Finished a rewatch of Season 1 last night and really enjoyed it. There were parts in the earlier episodes I appreciated more from understanding the characters better on the second time around, e.g. Oliver's relationship with his son, how important the case actually was to them given where they were all at in their lives.

Looking forward to Season 2 now.

Advertisement