Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Anyone else have this issue. When in dark mode in Safari, the text in the url box is still a light gray and barely readable against the white background?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This year the update has a lot of the smaller stuff that you won’t notice immediately, but could come in handy. The iCloud+ stuff is my favourite, won’t be renewing my VPN if it works well over the next few weeks. The random emails you can create are also really helpful.

Noticed the improvements to the photos metadata, text recognition in photos is cool too.

The big focus this year seems to be in the collaboration style features (SharePlay). These types of things always seem mostly aimed at US users. I feel like most of Ireland uses WhatsApp, Spotify, Netflix etc, which means a lot of this stuff isn’t as beneficial here, still nice to have though.

Seeing Safari trending on Twitter the past 24 hours is funny, a lot of people finding it difficult to stick with. It’s fine for me personally, although I feel the animations are a bit slow/jittery with opening and closing tabs and stuff like that. Noticed the same with accessing the home controls in Control Centre.

It is running fine for me so far overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Updated without issue but see nothing new of interest at all.

Don't see the point in the Focus, don't use Facetime

Bit of a damp squib tTBH

Focus mode is really good tbh, great for when in work. Problem though, I’ve Snapchat notifications turned off under my work focus but still getting notifications on my watch. Have selected for it to sync across devices so can’t see how it’s happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

why do people rush ahead and install the beta updates ???

ios15 out on Friday with the iphone 13 release , surely a few days weeks wont kill ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

iOS 15 was released to everyone on Monday, no beta required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Your watch is on OS 8 right? Do you see the corresponding focus icon on the control centre of the watch? Like this

I don’t have that icon in the control centre. The watch is up to date, WatchOS8. I double checked just now. Focus is also in settings and box is ticked to mirror across devices. Tried resetting the watch. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

15.1 public beta is out

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unfortunately going to have to ditch Maps again and go back to Google. It has got better, but still not as good as Google. Traffic analysis is poor, I guess due to a lack of users meaning a lack of data.

Was driving to Dundrum this morning and I think Maps got confused cause there are multiple entrances, as I got close it just constantly kept re-routing over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

It's funny, but since updating to iOS 15 and watchOS 8, my iPhone 12 battery doesn't make it through the day, but my series 5 battery has improved a little (unlike what happened to @IamMetaldave). Hopefully 15.1 will fix whatever it is before I start succumbing to "there's a new iPhone out and now my iPhone has mysteriously stopped getting through the day" conspiracies... 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have noticed in safari that sometimes when browsing the search tab disappears and I have to restart safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

Anyone have any issues with the HSE Covid app on iOS 15? Mine’s no longer showing the QR code (it just shows all the details now) whereas my wife’s is fine on iOS14.8?

Noticed a bug in the Apple Podcasts app where dark/light mode stays enabled when first opening the app, minimising and re-opening changes the theme back to the correct theme.

Looks like it doesn’t check what system theme is set on very first launch.

Have apps stopped updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes my QR was code gone earlier however it is there now.

i close the app reopen and the QR code appears

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It’s settings-Safari and then under tabs is an option to close manually or after a set amount of days.

2FA codes are synced to your iCloud account with your passwords. Once you log in to a new device they’re available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

Confirming the HSE Covid issue has been resolved, users above said stop/start fixed this; I didn’t do that but overnight it seems to have fixed so possibly an update was pushed? Either way all good now, back to having the QR code on the screen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to post it. For anyone with both an iphone 13 (m/p/pm) and an apple watch, and is seeing the "Unable to Communicate with Apple Watch" unlock bug, apple will be releasing an update to address the issue:

Is scroll down to refresh a safari page new to iOS 15?

15.1 public beta 2 is out

Not sure if this is iOS 15 specific, but I just set-up the 13 Pro as a new iPhone, most iCloud data synced ok, with one or two items missing but nothing too important.

I’m having an issue with the podcast app though. Oh my old phone and Mac all progress syncs ok and everything works fine. But the new phone shows all episodes as unwatched. Tried multiple things to fix it including toggle of sync podcasts, signing out, deleting app, restarting phone, charging, listening too some new episodes on the old device.

Just can’t won’t sync anything in to at all. Anyone here have any similar issues. And I know Podcasts isn’t a favourite for most people, but it worked for me up until how.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

15.0.1 is out, fixing the Apple Watch mask unlock bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Guys, I have an iPad with software 12.4.1.

im trying to update to the latest 15.0.1

but I’m getting an error box... ‘ unable to install update - an error occurred installing iPad iOS 15.0.1 ‘

any ideas how this might be resolved ?

Im pretty much an ‘apple amateur’ but the iPad is a bit of a lifeline during the current situation the country finds itself in and I would be grateful for any assistance or advice in order to get back up and running as the odd app is starting not to update..

thanks in advance...

First off I suggest restarting the iPad, an obvious thing but sometimes fixes random issues. Secondly, I’d suggest creating a back-up before doing any sort of update. You can backup to iCloud if you’ve it enabled, or to your laptop/pc with iTunes.

One common cause of iOS update errors can be not enough storage capacity. So I suggest starting there, and checking out what you current have available.

Does anyone know how to rename an icloud mailbox in the iOS 15 mail app? I used to be able to do that in setting>mail>accounts, and while it's still possible with my non icloud accounts I cannot see how to do it with the icloud account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Tapping Edit on the mailboxes screen and then tapping on the mailbox under iCloud works for me. For mailboxes I have created anyway.

Advertisement