Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated gate keypad

Options
  • 06-10-2021 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi, i have a vanderbilt act 5e keypad on automated gates. The code is no longer working the keypad. The fella who installed it is refusing to answer his phone. Would anybody be able to give me an idea of what might be wrong. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

I'm in the exact same position as the OP - same issue and installer won't call me back!

Unit has power and code is accepted when keyed in.

Gate is opening and closing fine via fobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭deise man

My fobs are working fine too. The installer gave me instructions about changing the code but that doesn't work. Is there a way to reset it and enter a new code?

The unit is getting power btw.

Thanks for that. It's on my house so I'm the only user. The keypad was working fine and then suddenly the code wouldn't open it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its accepting the code when you enter the code but not opening yet the relay activates the gate when you enter the code that is a strange one. Is this definitely what's happening?

Have you tried the default engineer X9999. If it accepts the LED will flash.

If that works enter 01 and enter a new code.

Press X to leave engineer.

Other than that open it up and check the wiring. Its possible the code is using a different relay.

After that download the manual and follow the default instructions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement