Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sports/exercise clubs maybe too.

The likes of MacFitness do bootcamp classes daily and there seems to be a lot of people who would know each other from there, there's pilates classes in Finesse on the main street (probably other places doing yoga etc too), and the Glenroyal has spin classes and other things.

If you're into running, or would like to get involved, Cocas running club in Kilcock would have lots of Maynooth members.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's also the cycling club run by the bike shop. The town is very well served for adults interests, its teen/youth stuff that has never been particularly well served - bar the Scouts who have been there for decades

Thanks a mil, more great suggestions. I do want to join a running club but wasn't sure if St Cocas or Le Cheile has more of a Maynooth base, seems like its St Cocas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Maynooth GAA and Maynooth Town always looking for volunteers when your own kids start playing. A good way to meet people and contribute to the community. I think there is storytime for younger children in the library during the week also but who knows with COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Anyone know what's going in across the road from the charity shop, next door to the furniture/bed store?

Another cafe I'd imagine; that's what it has planning for (and was before)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There’s loads of stuff for smaller kids too and we’ve met lots of people through the kids activities. Once they start in JI they can join the GAA or soccer club, GAA always need volunteer parents either to help coach or run the admin side.

There’s Maynooth Toddler Group and Maynooth Mammies Facebook pages which have events and meet ups too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

I’m in Maynooth but Leixlip GAA have a great setup for younger kids. They practice different skills and it’s done in a fun way.

It’s not far away and my lads 3&5 love it.

I think Maynooth do something similar or are starting something similar for 5 year olds but not the younger one so will be sticking with Leixlip for a while anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Apparently the Mullen park houses that were meant to be sold to the investment fund didn't sell because it the developer built the ground floor of the houses higher than the recommended height. This is creating a flood risk for some other houses in the vicinity. Sounds like there will need to be remedial works. Same developer that is building the Lyreen Lodge. Council up in arms.

Brilliant - will definitely get to work on joining them 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FreckledEgg232

Myself and my husband have been following a few of the new builds in Maynooth for quite some time, and have been in touch several times with different local agents. The remaining units of Lyreen Lodge apparently will not be for sale this year and might go for sale next year but it appears the developer (same as sold to investors in Mullen Park) has hinted at using remainder of Lyreen Lodge as investment properties (building-to-rent) or selling off market to investors. For anyone who lives in Lyreen Lodge currently or is due to move in, I would strongly suggest putting pressure on developer/local council to avoid final houses not going to home buyers. I don't know much about planning permission/council approving to development of the land but surely the permission is on the basis of the houses going to home buyers, not as investments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

Another condition for approval of above development is the removal of the link/pathway from the estate to carton avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Heaven forbid that the people who move in there should have a nice pedestrian route into town. Such a pathetic and narrow minded decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

I know it's absolute nonsense just pandering to the empty vessels.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Anyone else buying in Mullen park? Just a few Qs about how its going

• Advertisement

Construction underway on that infill estate off Parklands.

I presume this development going ahead will mean the new M4 connection the leixlip side of Maynooth now must be built?

That isn't a condition for that development.

The road is still in (exceptionally slow) progress.

I know it isn't a condition but didn't the council say when the housing was built down to the lake then the connection would be built. Maybe my memory is failing me. I'd hope that is the case. Another serious amount of housing when the place can already be a carpark.

Its ABP planning and there's no conditions relating to that at all.

KCC refused it the last time around on loads of reasons including that, but this is a different permission.

It would appear that the Buckleys House student accom site has been bought by MU - MU are the body applying to extend the planning expiry on it which is quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Does anyone have a rough estimation when they expect to see those new houses on Dunboyne Road actually go up for sale?

Same with what's happening with the remaining land in front of Mariavilla?

Thanks

The Lyreen Lodge development? On this thread not long back someone claimed they were told the remaining houses wouldn't be sold. Best check with Sherry Fitz. Alternatively, you might be talking about the Cairns home development dubbed Castlepark 2. This only just got planning and they have a huge active site in Naas, Whitethorn village. My guess is they'll start this once Naas is finished. The Whitethorn density frightens me a little for what might happen at Castlepark 2. Currently, two huge 6 or 7 story apartments blocks are being built out on a ring road with no other tall buildings or facilities of any type about. Anyways, this appears the future. From memory, I thought the site out the front of Mariavilla had planning for a couple of similar apartment blocks. Best check the planning website to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

https://www.cairnhomes.com/new-homes/dunboyne-road/

Yes I was referring to this one "castlepark 2". Initial plans don't seem to have any large apartment blocks. I was hoping all the builders from Mariavilla might have migrated there. Did realise Naas would be taking that capacity.

• Advertisement

Glenveagh have submitted their FI on the Parson Street/ canal site. The obviously sacrificial top two floors on the main tower are gone; one of the smaller blocks is to go a floor higher to compensate; lots of other minor changes to try address specific KCC or third party observations

I expect they'll get it now

Advertisement