Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• I used to benefit from my mother’s fuel allowance, rightly I should have been asked to contribute but I suppose it would have complicated the tax/welfare situation even further. One thing people often fail to do is claim the very small allowance for dependent relative. Better than nothing, though you have to remember to update Revenue if/when relative dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

They did have it, I'm guessing a Tragic death without going onto too much detail , insurers refused to pay out

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

It is a legal requirement if a mortgage taken out, however, in cases were an applicant has a defined illness, it gets tricky, requiring a number of quotes , ultimately mortgage provider supplying it with caveats and very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I only half listen to this show, but when I do it haunts me.... mainly because I only get half a story and I honest think people are only giving half stories.

First what is your employment income like. Then lets look at what we are talking about.

• Advertisement

• Don’t you be looking for truths, gets you nowhere.

Just read newspaper article on the Dart incident. VEry unsavoury what was said, but no criminal offense appears to have been committed. storm in a teacup

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thousands of people from various counties in Ireland will descend on the capital for the 2nd time in 4 months, to campaign for redress for their crumbling homes.

The 1st protest was totally ignored by LiveLine, despite many many people emailing the show, contacting their FB and Twitter. And it supposedly a caller-driven show.

I have no doubt it won't be the main item tomorrow either. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't mentioned at all.

There will probably be some major item more important of course. Last time it was long grass around graves.

Liveline is not really a Half Way House but more

A Half Truth House

Callers are frequently economical with the truth as it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

...and the host only questions those he doesn't like. If you display any of the below listed characteristics that he likes, you have a free ride to lie, omit truths, ramble, waffle and knock off those minutes until 3pm.

- Salt a de Earth Dub.

- Young person (65 - 120)

- Have had any kind of illness

- Can talk about any kind of illness in detail

- Are cast down or unwell

- Have a rambling story that goes nowhere

- Like to speak with the telephone inserted fully into your mouth

- Like to list street or place names in the capital

- Are dead

- Are dying

- Are in agony/pain/grief

- Have a furniture removal company

• Advertisement

Know Louis Copeland

Know Matress Mick

Are a Panto Star, Poet, Luvvy

Are a Downtrodden Frontline worker

Keep Pink Pidgeons

Member of a certain ethnic minority having marriage and graveyard difficulties

Etc etc , so to speak

• Might create an all-go-rid-em to determine likelihood to get on show, eg “to dial or not to dial”

• Chances of going on Liveline again grow slimmer…

facts are not form on de Lahvlahn platform

• I’m working on an online Al-go-riddem for Liveline researchers to assess potential callers, but there’s a lot of boxes to work on, so to speak…

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

<title>To Dial or Not to Dial</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" />

</head>

<body>

<h1>To Dial or Not to Dial</h1><div id="test"></div>

<script src="script.js"></script>

<div><p>To determine if you should bother yer aarse phoning Liveline please tick all that apply to you:</p><div id="test"></div></div><div><p><input type="checkbox" id="liveline1" name="liveline1" value="Salta d'eert Dub"><label for="liveline1">Salta d'eert Dub</label><br><input type="checkbox" id="liveline2" name="liveline2" value="Young person age 65 to 120"><label for="liveline2">Young person </label><br><input type="checkbox" id="liveline3" name="liveline3" value="Have any kind of illness"><label for="liveline3”>Illness<label><br>

Any more checkbox suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Something for Joe...

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The one that was on today about a letter from her sons school was on twitter yesterday so I'd guess researcher Richy was on to her on that platform to get her on.

It had nothing to do with the show content.

• Next to get it interactive for use as an App pre dialling de Liveline studio. My plan is to set up autodial 1850715815 if the criteria are fulfilled.

App will be available in your AppStore shortly. €1.99 to save you the cost of wasted phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep id say no mention of mica.

caller driven show folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The only chance of him covering the Mica redress today is if he covers it in the context of the bad bad louts from the country causing delays all over Dublin, trying to do a Richard Madeley on that English eco-warrior the other week.

I genuinely do hope he tries it because it would be absolutely hilarious to see him get a bakers dozen of eggs in the face, but it's not likely.

• Advertisement

He wouldn't be shy about covering Mica if it affected properties in Clontaaaaarf or Ballyeeefermoth 😏

Wow, terrorific ,terrorific , amazing, horrifically brilliaunt, outstanding and Excellent presentation (did Yeah go to Trinty college 🤔,

let mee know when de app is avaaaible to downloaad on me mobeel gadgeet twit thingy 😏

Duffer...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Newflash; Joe won't cover the topic as Mica is lidderally a salta de eerdth so to speak.

If the protesters delay his Juurney into work (75 minutes) he might give it a fleeting mention so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cawlur, if you are on Jobseekers then you are able to work or to seek work and should be doing same. If you are sick or injured and thus unable to work or look for work then you aren't entitled to Jobseekers as, well, you aren't able to seek work, are you? That's what Illness Benefit is about; it's for those who are temporarily ill and unable to work or look for same. Protected with two schemes for not working and it's still not enough for her 😒

• There’s just the small matter of getting it interactive with my chosen algorithm, so to speak. Boards still haven’t got their new site properly interactive yet. I’m still learning and this is a fun way to learn, but bogged down in backend atm. At least no infinite loops have shown up yet, unlike Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

and so the preview of whats on today was on the Ronan Collins show, and no mention of Mica protest.

Not surprised at all, not sure what his beef is with the campaign?

Maybe its because there are much more important things to talk about like:

• someone couldn't do their driving test cos they trimmed the insurance disc
    • someone at school can't wear their blazer cos it hasn't got the crest on it.

The show is an embarrassment at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If I were a Mica campaigner I'd be corralling my buddies to ring up under the pretense of whatever other nonsense story he has today, and then ambush him once I were let through on air.

A full hour and 15 of bad lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Slowing down the M50 won't do their cause any favours, it will piss off any support they have in Dublin. They would have been better off to blockade the National Childers Hospital construction site.

Advertisement