Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut

• 07-10-2021 8:44pm

Hi All,

Im looking for some advice about setting up account with Revolut ?

They look for your PPS number.....?. if I set up account with them would I have to pay extra tax to Revenue.

***I only want to use the card as a pre pay card for traveling to UK and buying stuff online .***

So basically ill only have minimum 500 euro on the card.

if you guys can share your advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sidcon

They are a bank. They are legally binded to the code of practice of the central bank and revenue.

Your pps number is a requirement to prevent tax fraud.

They will not charge tax on any transactions. They will charge you annually for any bank cards same as any bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cbreeze

The only charge I got on my Revolut card was the initial card delivery fee of 5.99e for the standard account set up over a year ago. I have a couple of UK subscriptions so I convert Euro to GBP to pay for them. If you have run out of Sterling the system debits your euro balance. There are no cross-border fees to pay which is a little bonus

Do you have to enter your PPS number when registering you Revolut account.. ?

as far as I know some Irish banks do not require a PPS number. So I rather not be giving oot personal information such as my PPS number

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Moving this to the Revolut megathread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement