Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 World Grand Prix - Oct 3-9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Big names dropping like flies. No love lost between Noppert and MVG it seems... no hint of an acknowledgment post match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

When's the last time Duzza won a match on TV? The worlds?

Some of his darts are an absolute mile off, sad to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Ca ching! Too short for me to back, was inevitable. 58 average from Glen. Why won't he just retire he's finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Yep when he bet Diogo Portella.

Durrant's whole throw is completely gone and the World Championship is the only tv tourney left for him this year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It was very tough watching Duzza last night. His throw is completely gone, he has no back swing at all, he just pushes the darts forward and his entire body moves while throwing. He'll continue to show up at the majors he has qualified for, pick up his pay packet and he'll be gone by end of the next year when he loses his tour card. Sad to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Ya, wonder what the story is there. MvG seems to have beef with quite a few of the Dutch players. They played at the Nordic Masters a few weeks ago and the same. And I hear Noppert accused MvG of gamesmanship after this game, stomping his feet or something...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It really is sad.

Adrian Lewis lost his game but not this badly this quickly. Hoping he can get it back together but it’s not looking likely at the moment.

Don't know if it's the TV but this new Unicorn dartboard looks a bit flimsy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done Ryan Searle 👏👏

TbL

Mon Chizzy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice comeback from Chizzy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A few players were giving out about it. Unicorn own a load of shares in the PDC which is the only reason their sub-standard boards get used.

Quality match here between JDS and The Ferret. Jose had 2 at a double to go two legs up in set two, as well as being a set up. Would have been a mountain to climb for Jonny then.. A miscount from Jose didn't help his cause in the deciding leg... No messing from Jonny when he came back and dispatched the remaining 70 with 2 darts. The Portuguese the best player so far, but at a set apiece it's anyone's game here..

The Ferret is on fire here 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Side 1

QFs

Price vs Chizzy

Bunting vs Searle

Side 2

QFs

Clayton vs Ratajski

Noppart vs White

Some interesting ties in tonights QFs, Side 2 a little unusual with the players left but this tournament is so unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Although I'd love to see Chizzy to finally go on and win a big tournament and it's no easy task even trying to get through Price, the fella has always found a way to lose. He throws on instinct but as soon as he sees the finish line it's like his brain re-engages and he falls to pieces. Be no different tonight I'm guessing, be a tight game and he'll disappear at the crucial moments.

Although I like Searle , have to fancy Bunting in this game. He really actually believes in himself again, makes a world of difference from the last few years for him.

The comms will overhype the life out of Clayton and although I think he'll win , it'll be close.

White is a huge bottler, I'm more than surprised he's got this far. Noppert by a landslide.

Always the best night of the week , the Q/F's, should be a good watch.

Agree on Bunting... He's slight underdog v Searle, I would probably have him favourite for that match myself..

And, as for White, I think the crowd helped him get over the line last night 😁 Danny Noppert is a fan favourite too, and even if he aint British, I can't see the crowd support being all one-sided..

Should be a great card tonight.. Hoping for some quality dartistry... On paper, it doesn't look as if there will be any landslide victories, but it probably won't pan out that way.. My picks are Price, Bunting, Jonny, and Danny. Would like to see Chizzy and Ryan Searle to win tho....

Hope Noppert gets to the final. Been through a tough time recently after losing his father last month

Clayton really made a balls of that one! What's with the Fallon Sherrock ads?

"Clayton Lurking on an easy finish" 😁 just after he busted 134! 😁 Should have went for the big 18 anyhow, nd not the twenty area.

• Advertisement

I believe she qualified for the grand slam, not sure what her status is for the worlds

Ratajski is very gritty, reminds me a bit of Wade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭Speak Now

2 spots up for grabs in the women's series, herself and Ashton well clear already.

I wonder who Sky would try to hype up returning to the worlds- Barney or Fallon 😁

Ratajski has surely bottled this

Completely, the stats at the end show it: starting double success Clayton 58% Ratajski 30%.

• Advertisement

58% getting in & 68% checking out is nowt to be sniffed at... Fairly impressive from the Welshman there..

Advertisement