Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ordered from Scan UK recently?

Options
  • 06-10-2021 1:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to buy some ram but there is no shipping to irleand option, contacted sales and they said if i contact them with my details they can process an order but are unsure if i will face any customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

VAT is the question, if they charge you UK VAT you will get hit with a bill for Irish VAT when it arrives likely with a handling fee on top (probably, things do sneak through) so what you need to ask them is if they will be applying Irish or UK VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just use Amazon or European etailers, not worth the hassle IMHO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks , ive never used anything but amazon uk , which eu amazon would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Amazon.co.uk is still fine, ships for free (albeit selection of shipped items is much smaller and sometimes shipping is extremely slow, despite being fulfilled by Amazon) and charges local taxes. What you pay is your final price.

There are a few German retailers that ship here - Computer Universe comes to my mind. I did use Gaming Oase for few items, but they don't do components atm.

You can also try going to manufacturer directly. Crucial has European shop (https://eu.crucial.com/) and ship to Ireland for free AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Geizhals has a great RAM search engine covering all of Europe & UK shops

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great thanks lads.

Advertisement