Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There seemed to be botches throughout the show to me, ranging from innocuous to potentially serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd expect he'll be a gatekeeper like Sydal is. Just a heel in comparison to Sydal being a face. Good guy to have for training too and if the other members of UE come available, you can do an eventual UE Vs Elite angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No need for swerves, just give Page the belt next month.

"Finally showed up to work"

That Shield bomb...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope the kids who got Punk's shoes managed to get home with them okay. Any idea who he was?

The biggest crime of that botch was it being Luchasauras who was taking it. Either he doesn't have someone fighting his corner like a Mark Henry or Big Show, or he's willingly taking part in spots that make him look weak.

I feel like Cornette pointing this out. The guy is wearing a solid mask and he's selling punches from the Bucks that knock him off the apron for extended periods. What the ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Garica's matches this week across America against Alex Shelly, CM Punk, Suzuki & Davy Richards.

This kid is going to be a huge star.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't think someone like Luchasauras is in a position to say no to the EVPs self-indulgent wankery.

Luchasauras is awful though so I wouldn't put all the blame on them (even if there was 4 of them doing the move).

I don't see how he's awful; he's a skillful big man who makes his stuff look good. The pop he got alone when he tagged in shows he has fan support (it was noticeable to me who usually keeps the volume on low).

They say everyone has input in AEW so I can only assume he doesn't have anyone backing him which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

A great show overall but the one prevailing thing I'll take away from it all is how JR says "arse"

Strange one. Maybe O'Reilly and Strong's contracts are up next year or something and they'd want to do UE (with cole leading them again) Vs the elite or something. Wouldn't do anything for me personally. I'm a big fan of Cole but don't really care about any other members of the UE tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I thought that was a fantastic Dynamite. Lots of great in-ring action and Hangman is back!

I've said it before, but once again I sat through Dynamite with a big smile on my face throughout. There's just so much to like about AEW right now.

Pity about the Luchasauras spot, as he was looking great in that match, and seemed well over with the crowd. That spot kind of deflated the ending as it was so near the finish, but sh*t happens sometimes. I think The Young Bucks are great heels - really don't understand a lot of the flack they get.

Rampage looks like it should be another fantastic hour of AEW.

I wonder how long before April becomes All Elite now that she is back involved in wrestling.

I also wonder will she run the rule over Tessa while working with her at WOW and she has she matured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Oh I also made my Rhodes to Top TV debut last night too! I'm in some of the DoN scenes haha.

Was watching that back and it looks intentional. PAC flattens out so lands mainly on his back and Hangman takes the table with his knees. Dangerous spot though as if it did go wrong, it was not going well.

Same with the Andrade one just before that, that looked painful.

Teaming Lio Rush with Dante Martin is a really good call by Tony and when his brother comes back from injury the 3 of them would be a good call for holders of the first Trios title.

Even if it is a bit of swerve Lio vs Dante would be one hell of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Can Deeb talk?

If not, get her with their best promo as a manager and push her to the daggum moon.

Imagine the programmes she'd have with Thunder-Rosa, or a babyface Britt?

Would Deeb work in The Pinnacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

She's got some cool photos from Dynamite, and WWE stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why would you leave multiple cans open like that?

Guessing he was referring to the likes of Christian and Jungle Express.

• Advertisement

Think she'd fit better with Taz if you're putting her in with an existing faction. Not sure there's any existing manager that fits if she's staying by herself.

I'd still think some form of The Elite (probably Young Bucks and Cole) are the best team to be the holders of the first trios title. Best option outside that is Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus and Christian. Think it's best to put an existing big act as the first holders to help elevate it straight off and then you can go to someone else to take it off them.

So in the end they just made it - 1.05m. But that drop on recent weeks really doesn't surprise me.

When The Bucks and Kenny were mugging at the camera during the injury angle with Christian, I rolled my eyes.

When Punk cut his promo it felt a bit flat, like something was off.

And whatever in the hell that segment was with Cody, Arn and the flaming barrel should never have made the air.

A few segments in the middle were great, but I once again lost interest in the spot-fest ladder match.

I'm someone who wants AEW to succeed, so I was always going to stick with the show to the end. But when I get those kind of :/ responses to segments, I wonder if less committed viewers reach for the remote. Will be interesting to see the numbers over the course of the two hours.

It was up against baseball playoffs. That's why there was a drop. It'll likely have a rough October with the Saturday shows too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The TBS title looks cool but why are they announcing it now if the tournament won't happen until January? Interesting to see them using Skye Blue as one of the people giving a promo. They must be planning on signing her. She has something about her to be fair and she's young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That's a misread, the MLB playoffs rather than any mugging at the camera the obvious reason it was down.

Shame too, it was an upper tier Dynamite. Molten crowd, good matches and the big Hangman return too. On another week, probably would've done very well.

Is the tournament not until January? I half assumed they'd run it before and the final would be on the TBS debut episode. You likely have a 16 woman tournament so was assuming they'd start it after Full Gear and go to the debut episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Could it be that the tournament will begin soon and will culminate with the final on the first TBS episode? They could easily fill a 16 woman tournament, which with 1-2 matches a week would take you up to January. Although the tournament might lose steam if drawn out for that long.

I suppose announcing it now also helps get across the message of the move to TBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Could be that it starts before January alright but they weren't particularly clear about it. Time will tell I guess. It's a good idea anyway to bring a bit more meaning to some of the matches.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a great show on Wednesday.

I did laugh though when Punk asked "is anyone getting sick of this yet?" Because I was thinking yeah I kind of am haha. The "he's so happy to be back, this town is great" promo he's done now a few times. I'm sure it's great for people in the arena though.

Advertisement