Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Hoping to see HB and Kelleher this weekend. I guess Larmour will be in the 23 as will T.O.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Yep, got scrapped in 2019 I think. Definitely gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There is a transfer function to give your tickets to someone else. No exchange function though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Are members automatically allocated a ticket for Sat game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Based on the aviva game whilst the capacity might be cut there doesn’t seem to be any particular distancing in the seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Yeah where I was sitting was rammed makes absolutely no sense at all just open up the whole ground, arbitrary rules for the sake of arbitrary rules. With the turnout for the bulls game it would have made for a cracking sellout at the RDS I paid 35 quid for a ticket for the bulls game and the view was awful.

The only sense I can see in the 70% is access not being too busy and I also noticed that some of the women’s toilets in the stand were turned into male toilets for the match, I presume that was Covid related although not sure I get the rationale behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Not great times for our home HEC games.

As for this weekend, a wild stab in the dark for the team….

Dooley, Kelleher, Healy, Baird, Toner, Murphy, Leavy, Deegan

McGrath, R Byrne, Larmour, Frawley, TOB, A Byrne, JOB

Tracy, E Byrne, Abdaladze, Molony, Penny, McCarthy, H Byrne, Osbourne

I think that's pretty accurate. Would like to see Clarkson involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

So Leavy to 6, Penny to 7 and Moloney to the bench?

I’m assuming Rhys and VDF will be rested (is Rhys injured?). Conan probably won’t be available. Murphy, Doris and Connors are all injured. So the above is likely the best option unless Rhys or Josh are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Team up

Getting moneys worth from Ala’alatoa

Return is the theme of that line up.

Great to see Jimmy, Adam, Larmour, Harry back.

Dan, Scott and Rhys could be a very useful backrow. Exciting to see.

Good Luke gets back to the start. I think we'd have gotten a few more tries with him on the pitch last week. Whatever about the flaws in his game he's well capable of getting things moving off him when not much else is happening.

Harry, Frawley, Osborne is a VERY exciting 10,12,13 combo.

We normally have to flog a tighthead around this time of year it seems. We had to do it with Benty last season and the season before too.

Ala isn't subject to managed minutes and also this is probably the best way to get him fully up to speed

Ah I was messing really pointing it out, who else will have started all 3. Although I’m surprised Healy didn’t get this start.

In terms of penalties won I think Healy is our most destructive scrummager this season. Certainly showing no ill effects from his switch yet. No harm in easing him in though

Interesting team. Good to see Adam Byrne back, really needs to capitalise on every chance he gets this season.

Byrne - Frawley - Osborne is an exciting prospect and I'd like to see some real creativity from this trio.

McGrath needs an influential and calming performance with that backline.

As for the forwards, good to see Cronin still trucking. Would be hard to know what his objectives for this season are but presumably to play as much first team rugby so he'll need a good performance with Sheehan and Kelleher staking claims.

Interesting backrow. I'd imagine Leavy and Penny will switch it up with Baird, taking on some of the wide carrying that might not be integral to Leavy's game. Toner in a similar boat to Cronin.

Very strong bench. I think Molony is ahead of Baird at the moment and I'd expect him to want to make that point clear off the bench. Wonder how much game time Sexton will get.

This can't be as bad as last week and on that basis am looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'll echo the previous comments on the H Byrne, Frawley and Osborne axis. All three are very talented prospects who want to attack at every opportunity.

Also, I hope to jaysus that Byrne and Frawley can remain injury free this season. Iirc last season they struck up a good partnership at 10&12 and looked to be making their breakthrough into the senior side. Then both were struck by injury around the turn of the new year and barely played after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

They really are trying to make Osborne a 13 🙄

Bit of a waste IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I think he looks ok there. Not enough pace for a wing. Are you thinking FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think we're using Osborne there as there really isn't any decent cover for Ringrose. RoL is similar to Mc Fadden in that he can cover outside centre but is better on the wing. And while I like Liam Turner I don't think he's a top level prospect.

We're well sorted at fullback with Keenan. JoB was very impressive there last season too so that's depth at 15 sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Leinster have previous with moving players around as they break through. Moving players between 3/4 line and full back. Jimmy o'brien/tommy o'brien even larmor moved between center and back 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Glad to see Leavy getting a go at six, I think that's the best use of resources.

Russell getting minutes! They must really rate him! I think he could be a sleeper. He could be on a contract fairly soon. Interesting back row. I guess Doris is still injured? Zebre would be perfect to get him up and running.

I think this squad will be pumped up for this one. Larmour back and J.O.B getting his 1st start. I think Leavy and Penny looks like a good combination. What's the story with Connors? He is going to miss out on the international series, by the look of things right now!

Ringrose is being rested and ROL is injured. So who should they have put at 13 instead?

Really looking forward to this one. That midfield could do a lot of damage if they click. And the back 3 could be very exciting. The only possible issue is that so many are coming back from injury lay offs so there could be a bit of rustiness. But we’ll be back on the terrace with pints/cans so I’m excited no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Theres Conor and Tommy O'Brien who could play 13.

Osborne has the skillset to be a world class 15, he was superb there for the u20s over the summer, so it frustrates me when Leinster keep putting him at 13 where he's good, but you won't see the best of him.

Advertisement