Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mark Henry said on Busted Open that PAC was off TV for the last few weeks due to a concussion since his match with Andrade and then he takes that stupid bump like that from Hangman,

That spot should not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, its reminding me of the Sting return stuff where same thing was repeated for weeks. Need to get a move on with him really, or at least have him go against someone who can talk (hopefully him Vs Starks will happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone else who is equal to Punk on the microphone, and i hope it happens. MJF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Aubrey confirmed the tournament will start in the coming weeks and the final will be on Jan 5th. Also getting sick of the CM Punk love in each week, exactly like the Sting situation bar Tony S getting shoved to the side each week. A good meaty feud for Punk is needed, Ricky would be perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

50 minutes of Cole & Evil, well it's self explanatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He should say that while wearing a SCU Worst town t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I wonder is he still getting up to speed training wise and they don't want to rush him? I expect his match with Garcia tonight will be fairly short. But they definitely do need to have him do something else soon. Have someone attack him on his way to do the happy, smiley, crowd diving stuff.

Ya, at this point though, maybe give him some wins on Elevation if he's still getting up to speed ring wise. It gives something to the local crowd still, helps keep Punk ticking along and you can do the in person promo /proper match every few weeks. What they're doing atm is just not working imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I was thinking that too during the show, as they reverted back to some bad habits, that it was really bad timing to then also move slot. Maybe they're holding off on better material until they get their regular time back for a good run of consecutive shows.

As for whether or not their crowd shifted to baseball or something else, who knows. I just got a different feeling watching the show to what I had been getting in previous weeks, and felt the ratings might reflect that.

They were about 100-150k off in the men's 18-34 demo so it's fair it was likely they lost them to baseball playoffs.

Id say next two weeks might miss the 1m with the Saturday move. Will be up against college football and it being a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

In an appearance on Excuse Me: The Vickie Guerrero Show, new AEW signee Lio Rush talked about the differences between the AEW and WWE locker rooms that he’s seen since joining AEW. The biggest thing he feels is a lack of hostility or stress of any kind.

“The feeling was so crazy because it feels like, visually, being back in a stadium and seeing the backstage area like that, it was kind of trippy because it was reminding me of WWE in a lot of ways,” Rush said. “But the overall feeling was just completely different. I didn’t feel any hostility, I didn’t feel any stress or anger in the air. It felt good. Even seeing guys that I was in the locker room with in WWE, some guys that I might not have had a close connection with in WWE. But to see us all here in this environment, I think it shows common ground. And I think it kind of eases that tension up a little bit.

“I think that’s so healthy for even the people who haven’t made it to WWE. I think it’s healthy and good to see that interaction with us, and I think it’s cool to be in a locker room full of people that are hungry. This is what a lot of guys and girls have been waiting for their entire lives, having another alternative to WWE. And AEW being the place that everybody wants to be, I think it’s really cool to want to work with people who want to put their all into everything that they’re doing. It’s a good feeling.”

Rush also had high praise for his new boss, AEW President Tony Khan. He attributes Khan’s enthusiasm towards wrestling as something that makes him and the rest of the AEW roster fans of pro wrestling once again.

“I just can’t believe that Tony’s our boss,” Rush said. “I can’t believe it. He’s such a cool guy, he’s a good dude. It’s amazing to have somebody in charge who’s hungry and passionate about the same things that the performing are. He’s amazing. I’m so appreciative of Tony, I’m so grateful for Tony, I’m so grateful for what he’s doing for the wrestling world. I think he’s making the boys fans again. I think its very easy to have it be just a job, like especially when you’re in WWE. And I don’t want to speak for everybody, but at least for me, it got to a point where it was just a job. I felt like I wasn’t a fan of wrestling anymore, I felt like I wanted to get away from it, as far as possible, when I wasn’t wrestling.

“But being with Tony and being with AEW, I’m excited. I’m excited. This is the most excited I have ever been. I feel like I’m learning how to, you know that feeling, when you want to be a professional wrestler. And you’re learning and you’re going to training every week. I feel like that again. I can’t wait to be on TV every week. I can’t wait to be in that locker room, I just can’t wait to be back in front of fans. And this time, wrestling on TV, because a lot of the time in WWE, on RAW, I wasn’t wrestling. I’m excited.”

While Rush isn’t as positive of his time in WWE, he was sure to point out that they had helped raise his promo game compared to where it was prior to him signing with WWE in 2017. He is very excited to apply those skills he sharpened in WWE and unveil them to the AEW audience.

“I’m grateful for my time in WWE as well,” Rush said. “It wasn’t always terrible. And some of those moments put me in a position where it forced me to have to learn to do something. I was never really a promo guy before WWE. And I think being thrown to TV, in that position, week after week, it kind of forced me to really hone in on my promos and really study. I was writing, and recording, and putting out promos on my social media every day, every day.

“There wasn’t a time where I wasn’t cutting a promo or hopping on a live stream and talking to my fans but playing a character, just so I could learn to improvise and be witty. I enjoyed it a lot, and I can’t wait to be on TV and take what I learned in WWE as far as talking and my promos. And on top of that, being able to wrestle, perform in the ring at the same time. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mark Henry is terrible on screen. So wooden. I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge to pass on but it needs to be behind the scenes for now.

Cracking match between Punk and Garica.

Starks and Cage was great fun.

Got to love one hour of wrestling.

Interestingly, it looks like Smackdown on FS1 and Rampage will go head to head for 30 mins next week. They're both also up against baseball playoffs ln Fox so both are likely losing viewers anyway but going to be interesting how AEW does with what looks like it'll be Punk Vs Sydal opening against whatever segment Smackdown has in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved Punk/Garcia, and great heel work as always from the Nasty Boys little brothers 2.0. Cool to see Punk busting out the Anaconda Vice again. Nice shine for Garcia!

Glad that Starks got the win over Cage. Some good stuff announced too, Danielson/Fish should be a cracker.

Interesting who Andrade’s team is. Laredo Kid & Hijo Del Vikingo is likely, but the graphic said masked tag team so not sure. Arez & Aramis fit the description and would make more sense as heels! Obviously any of Los Ingobernables would make the most sense but they’re working a show in NY on the 16th. There’s always the possibility it’s two existing roster members under masks too!

Loving the Punk matches.

What's great about them is that Punk is wrestling different styles. That Garcia match was brilliant too, I really enjoyed it and particularly from the Pile Driver to locking in the Anaconda Vice submission, a work of art

What a year Garcia is having in wrestling, unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Excellent Dynamite.

Punk match was excellent, Garcia looked great coming out of it too. Punk is definitely mixing up the style of his matches and this might be one of my favourites since his return. Glad Starks won, not sure what will happen with Cage now. Jericho wasn't too grating on commentary either, so all in all really great show.

Next week looks like a strong line-up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man that show flew by.

Jade is still pretty green. Great look and presentation but in ring she has a long way to go.

Lucha Bros v Accliamed was decent. As was the street fight. Nothing mond blowing.

But Punk v Garcia was fantastic. Great psychology, Garcia continues to knock it out of the park and looked great even in defeat. He and 2.0, 3 NXT talents that never got a fair chance, have been great pick ups. Punk was brilliant too and clearly enjoyed himself.

Sydal v Punk has me excited and hopefully its a precursor to either Martin or Rush facing Punk.

Its amazing how for .... maybe 10 years watching WWE I routinely fast warded or skipped most or at least plenty of content while watching there weekly shows, including NXT, and I dont recall ever doing it with AEW.

Its just so enjoyable, even the minor matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Smackdown will be down a good chunk as FS1 doesn't get the numbers. Be interesting how that half hour is. I expect WWE to still win but the margin will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sooner Punk gets an edge to him, the better. This "Here to help the young fellas" Punk is doing little to nothing for me. He was always at his best when feeling slighted for not being regarded as the top star and putting that energy into matches/promos.

"What's up, *city name*" promos and having non-feud matches on Friday Night Heat is just...beige for him.

That is so good, Punk really is testing himself since he came back against different types of wrestlers, Allin, Hobbs, Garica and Sydal next week and all these young talent getting a nice rub and now going up against a top midcard guy who always puts on great matches. fair play to him he could have come in with a big head and said I only want the top guys in the company.

Going up against this kind of talent is also a good way for Punk to get rid of the ring rush of not competing for 7 years before he does end up wrestling the likes of the American Dragon, Omega, Cole etc.

Ya, I thought Andrades thing was just a way to promote the Laredo Kid and Vikingo Vs Lucha Bros match on AAA rather than an actual angle for a match on AEW. I'd assume it's not them now since that AAA match is tonight. I'm assuming it might be wrestlers on AEW with the way it was announced. For those who watch Sammys vlog, I'd laugh if it was El Hijo de Fuego who came out with Fuego.

It's the The Bollywood Boyz under masks 😉

Garcia will be very good when he works on his selling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea that's the right way to do it because when he goes up against the likes of Kenny or Cole he needs to be in proper ring shape in order for top match to happen.

I'm also delighted full gear is on a Saturday 😂

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see who's in the eliminator bracket. If it's 8 men, I'd assume the 5 who were in the ladder match, Miro (who I think wins it to be Pages first challenger), and then maybe Pillman and one of Starks or Hobbs. Would get some decent matches there and could do a Miro Vs Moxley,PAC or Andrade match as the final.

Advertisement