Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 World Grand Prix - Oct 3-9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Chizzy really needs to take those kind of chances

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

I thought ratajski played great, he was clutch on some of his finishing. The missed darts at 1-1 in the last set cost him really. He's only just below the top players , a little more improvement and he'll win a big one, a dangerous player imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You just knew that 104 was going in from Price, some player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Was a good game but I wish Ratajski got at least one leg in that second last set where he lost 3-0. Gave too much momentum to Clayton in the deciding set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Chisnall was disappointing there. Doubling really poor

• Advertisement

Price calling the crowd "rubbish" and "pathetic", that'll go down well I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Yeah , Chizzy never really turned up but Price was absolutely clinical on Tops there. Would love to see stats for the whole year re: different doubles. Never looks like missing it

Big fan of both of these lads, not sure who I want to win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Clayton beats Noppert 4-1.

4 sets to win a semi final seems a bit light? Thought the same last night in the quarters which were first to 3. Pretty sure it used to require a set more in previous years?

I'd also rather the quarters on the Friday night. Whole weekend ahead of us here and only 2 matches left in the tournament.

Hopefully the Price Bunting game is good, don't think there's been many great games so far tbh

• Advertisement

Indeed,.. 2 semis would be better on Saturday night and play first to 5... And the Final to be played on the Sunday ,with the first to six, or even 7 perhaps... Having the final on a Saturday is un-darts like imo 😊.. Fk all to watch Sunday eve then... Always seems like a bigger spectacle having a ranking event final on the Sunday imo

1 Nil to Bunting.. I think Price likes throwing 2nd first off.. Gives him a chance, cos if he loses in set 1, well, a person is entitled to lose against the throw.. Not starting off well in set 2 either... Not going to be a cakewalk anyway for the 2/9 fav pre match 😁

Bunting will never have a better chance to beat Price, he's all over the shop

Apparently Price has "twinges in his arm" , according to comms, supposed to have told the Tournament Director the same...

Part and Mardle are a good duo on comms 😊

The two best players through to the final. No question marks over Jonny Clayton; unlike Price, who seems to be carrying an injury... Jonny should be fancying his chances based on Price's performance tonight. On the other hand, according to Mardle, Jonny usually underperforms against Price. I suppose he'd know as he much watch plenty of darts. I reckon Jonny will win 5-2 or 5-3 (i dunno, but I presume the final is first to 5) , if the match goes ahead 😋 Unlikely an injury will cause Price to pull out at this stage but stranger things have happened... Price were giving it loads , so to speak, in the latter sets tonight, so he might be feeling a few more twinges tomorrow 😂

Gwan Jonny! A good 160 by price on his 1st throw...

Mardle before the match: "I hope the crowd don't boo Price"

Ever the optimist is Wayne

^^^

😁

170 and 164 from Clayton in consecutive legs, unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

Magnificent from Clayton.

Price unlucky in that set, Clayton just too good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This is pure quality from both. Clayton on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Absolutely fantastic darts from Clayton tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

A bad final to a bad tournament. Delighted for Clayton though, an exhibition in checkouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

That's astonishing from Clayton.

Delighted for him. Seems like one of the more likeable players in the game.

Incredible doubling from Clayton, Price a bit unlucky to lose 5-1

WD Jonny! Thoroughly deserved winner.. Top class checkouts. Plus the starting and finishing, pure excellent.. Relentless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Some performance by Clayton

His doubling-in was sensational

Looks like he is settling in to being a big-time player, up to 7 on the order of merit now, and looking at the players around him, he's probably in the top four at the moment on form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Clayton is proving now he's no flash in the pan on form he's probably the 3rd in the world at the moment.

Advertisement