Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Lads at the barbers that don't need to be.

Now I'll admit that I hate getting my hair cut and probably don't go as often as I should, but it's not helped by experiences like today when I had to wait a half hour while the two men in the queue ahead of me who didn't need a hair cut, got a hair cut.

The first guy was an old fella, getting a 2 on top and a 1 on the bottom. Why, like? Wouldn't you get your own clippers and just do a 2 all over at home? When he walked in it looked like he had a 3 all over and didn't look untidy at all.

The second fella, put on his coat to go from his car to the barbers, which was parked outside the barbers. To do so, he walked around the back of his vehicle to get it off the passenger seat. It took him longer to get his coat than it would have taken him to just go into the barbers. And he must have had it on for three seconds before taking it off inside the barbers. And when he left you'd hardly have noticed any difference. Now, god love us, us Irish men aren't the best looking and we haven't much options to make the most of our appearance, but ffs like. This poor fella must have been at the back of the line for looks anyway, so was pretty much wasting his time anyway. He looked like someone had cross bred a pig with another pig. He basically went from a 0 on the lower three quarters of his head to completely shaved. Could he not have done that at home?

Hate queueing...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Vape **** that vape when they're on the phone with you.

The crackling sound is irritating and generates a 15% wanker surcharge on what they're asking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Try Newstalk FM. Works for me lately. Seems to change every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus, I always thought of young lads getting unnecessary haircuts. I never considered auld lads who go because it’s a routine and something to do.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Emailed someone for a clarification for a piece I'm working on,

as I know she like to call with responses I said I was emailing so I could print off the answer to refer to later on.

They have called my mob and landline every hour since then with I'll bet the answer to the question she knows I want to print off.

Ta I'm expected to indulge other ppl foibles while they ignore my disabilities!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's alot of communions/confirmations on at the moment or even a wedding and they wanted a proper tidy for photos etc. Equally it might be a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And who would begrudge an auld lad going in to have his hair cut anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I wouldn't be the most patient in a queue either so I do appreciate the TA but just giving plausible scenarios 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I currently have two ulcers inside my mouth that sting like hell whenever I try to brush my teeth when the tootpaste makes contact (which is impossible to avoid).

I also have a loose body in my hip that I am awaiting an MRI for, not to mention the tail-end of a head cold that had my throat burning at night depending on which way I slept.

When it rains, it pours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my Dad is trying to be his usual helpful self...in the process driving my mother up the wall...me too.

a courier trying to make delivery to their neighbor of quite a large box about 1.3 meters x 1 meter, a piece of fitness equipment ... those neighbors are away so on seeing the courier my Dad gives him that heads up and apparently offers to take it for them...problem...

1. Taking in a shipment that’s going to take up half the hallway..
    2. Has no knowledge if or at what point the thing has been sanitized, having been through multiple hands at multiple sort facilities to get from France to Ireland via air freight...
    3. Apparently giving the courier a dig out at close quarters to lift it from their front door up into his hallway.....neither wearing masks.... and my father not too long out of hospital (days) with a stomach issue and was told.. “no heavy lifting”....

how about... let the guy get on with his job, let our neighbors liaise with their courier or the supplier regarding their delivery and keep yourself and family safe...

“ but it saves the poor guy coming back and Kevin and Andrea will appreciate that’s its waiting for them “

fkkkkkk

• Advertisement

The sound of other people doing a poo. I hate shared toilets ugh.

I'm done with dating. All I want is a nice fun easy going lad to have a casual, non committed, fun monogamous relationship with where he doesn't message every two seconds but he doesn't not message me at all either. Is that too much to ask for? **** it, I'm happier on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,971 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Was moving and hadn't a washing machine inbetween so clothes were dirty, and kept buying socks and jocks to get me through till I got a washing machine. WM delivered and went to do a wash but no water going in, checked water vavles etc. Of course it's a weekend !! Man coming Tuesday to fix the shower so can't even do that.

^^

Tis a sickener alright that.. Move into a place and there's stuff wrong with washing machine / immersion / shower etc... Really puts ya on the back foot 😒

😃 Aint ya supposed to wash (jocks at least) 'undergarments' regardless, before use 😂 Pretty sure that's mentioned on packaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That schools have to send notices to parents to not let their children watch ‘Squid Game’ on Netflix.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People who can only play four guitar chords and calling themselves musicians.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Really? What ages are they?

Definitely an 18s show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

How to resolve this issue with Mica blocks is way above my expertise.

My TA is how some campaigners make this into Dublin versus the rest

Talk of "the Dublin government" and "them up there in the capital". There was even a sign "Donegal Lives Matter".

I am sure there is a way of making your point without acting like Dublin Castle is still in power and oppressing everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's the current cool show to watch, so of course kids will want to watch it. Aside from some of the deaths, and one sex scene, it's not the worst out there, and kids won't be old enough to understand the psychology behind it, they're only there for the cool kills. I think the same happened when Battle Royale came over this side of the pond. Just to add, don't let them watch Alice in Borderland either! But everyone else needs to watch Squid Game. English speaking companies could do with learning a thing or two from how that show progresses (not all, but some). Just goes to show that physical sets will trump CGI.

Anyway, my TA is that I can't think of a TA right now. Which is not like me! Or I've just gotten sick of giving out about the same crap over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah these ones were like 9 or 10. A second or third classer was telling a group of classmates at break time and a couple of them got really “freaked out”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thinking of it overly sensitive kids annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's all over kids youtube as roblox put the games in.

TA - 99% of kids youtube.

Welcome to my world!! Have so many TA's but keep forgetting them before I can post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

No need for me to pay for a barber. When lockdown started I bought hair clippers and do it myself. Many do this now

When I did it yesterday the clipper stated 15 minutes of power, more then enough

But within 5 minutes the battery went and now I cannot find the charging cable anywhere.

Ta’d at my terrible haircut! I’ll buy a cable somewhere on Sunday, I look a right state

I did the same , and so did most fellas. It looked like a Nam recruitment camp

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Christy Moore did quite well for years on only 3 chords. he eventually learned a fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

• Advertisement

I'll take any opportunity to repost the Axis of Awesome 4-Chord Song. Apparantly, 4 chords can make you rich and famous!

My TA tonight is a strange one. I'm annoyed I didn't remember I'm off all next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement