Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

My 4600 points were absolutely woeful. 2 86s, 3 84s and a couple of 83s. No player worth more than 10k.

I'll probably get elite 1 in squad battles this week and if I get nothing I'll probably give up for a few weeks and hope rivals gets updated to be more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've found him useless. I just can't fit him in my team.

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Good night on the packs for me! Both tradeable too!

Him being CM instead of CAM is a bit limiting.

Here's where I stand right now, I can't fit any of my OTW's into the team. I think my next move is to try improve on the centre halves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not around for the rest of the weekend so played all of WL tonight, quit a few early on when losing and got a few who rage quit against me too so was relatively quick. Somehow I've gone from not qualifying on my first attempt to going 12-7 and getting Rank 2.

Serious rewards, gets you:

3 red picks (currently broken)

3 TOTW pack

24 rare players pack

Mega pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got champs playoffs there tonight… no idea why it’s even still open. Decided to try it out, 0-2. Absolutely sweaty games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Few things in case you aren't aware.

Player switching use the right stick and ball relative, using l1 is a recipe for defensive disaster

Positions, a cm can be anything from a cdm to a striker you just need to buy or pack a position modifier (it's one move at a time so to goto st from cdm it's cm, cam, cf, st)

The tactic you set to start the game is normally for max chemistry only and you set the formation you actually want to play to one of the 4 slots you have ultra defensive to ultra attacking. Most people have at least 2 they may use in game some use all 4.

I didn’t know this!

The last point, does changing formation in game not affect chemistry?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, not the chem they start the game with is what they stick with.

No changing formation in game doesn't affect it. Most people make pre set tactics e.g. Changing to 'attacking' will change their formation to the one they actually want, rather than their starter for chemistry. 443 & 451 are much easier to max chem out on than anything else

• Advertisement

Subs come on at 5 chem I think. If you are looking at your squad in game, you can see the exact effect their current starting position has on their stats - so if you inspect a sub you can see what stats he'll come on with. Subs usually only get +1s and 2s on their chem style due to the 5 chem.

I'd make pre-set tactics with at least 2 formations, at least gives you something to quickly change to on the d-pad if it isn't going well, saves you pausing the game and changing each individual bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Slow start to Fifa 22 for me in terms of playing time. Have had good pack luck (Salah, Haaland x 2 early on). Got 12000 points and the 4600 for ultimate edition to kick-start it. The general gameplay suits me this year (don't have de mad skillz) and I create a load of chances and concede few but my finishing is awful. XG is usually something like 10-2 and I could still lose. Haven't played a huge amount of games so only up to Div 3 and only just got enough points to qualify for WL for the first time so haven't sussed that whole WL qualifiers out yet.

Here's my current team and main formation. Defence and midfield are good. Goretzka is a monster CDM. I like Haaland too but could do with upgrading Depay. Have about 500k in coins. Thinking of holding on until I can get Neymar / Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nope so that's why you pick a formation for Chem then change to what you want

Fut booster is a good website to see what formation is best for Chem for the players you have.

Hopefully this all helps took me ages to get to grips with last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

"Slow start" 😂

I wouldn't call that team a slow start with half a mill in the bank! Fair play.

Finding two up top very good this year, have Kane & Werner in 532. Nobody seems to be able to account for the position of the wing backs so it's always there as an out ball and can break quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What custom tactics are you using on your 5-3-2 please mate?

None! Still not sure if it's just the current patch or I've just struck it lucky with the work-rate and size balance in midfield. I find Ndombele to be a bit of beast for winning the ball with standing tackles, Kovacic to be surprisngly solid and Camavinga to be well above a 78.

It's a really basic team too apart from packing van Dijk early on. He's the only reason I ended up going down the PL route and only added Lloris & Kounde to it last night to replace Pique & Asenjo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It says Team 2 will be in packs until Wednesday at 6pm. Does that mean that Team 1 and 2 will be in packs from then until Friday at 6 does anyone know?

Not sure of the dates but I know there definitely is going to be a period where both teams are in packs.

Just packed Ousmane from a rare mega pack. Now the decision whether to go full sweat or not 😬

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is one of those things most probably know bu newer players might not have copped too. So I’ll say it in case even one person hasn’t realised.

but loan players do not lose contracts in friendly matches. This can make objectives in friendlies way easier for instance, if you’ve got a loan Pele sitting there. Don’t hoarde them and never use them for fear of contracts going down.

• Advertisement

After an awful start in the playoffs going 0-4, managed to somewhat claw it back to 3-4 after switching to 4231 and bringing in Haaland + Sane. Made the world of a difference over Gnabry/Griezmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thinking of getting the game on monday, is the 532 and 5212 formations still as good as fifa 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Some of the people you play against in this game are so childish. One person took the lead early in the second half and then passed it around the back for the rest of the match. How cheap is that?

I'm pretty fed up now with the game. I must be closing in on 20 games without a win in Rivals. Is there a way to check your record?

Came up against POTM Benzema a few times tonight and he seems like a bit of a beast. Would be tempted to do it if it wasn't for I'm not sure how many cards in the game are worth 130k atm 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I have him at the moment, he has definitely improved my fortunes. Went on a 4 game winning streak with him to get up to division 4. I think he is worth 130k just very powerful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finished rank 3 in champs. It’s so much better this year not having to play 30 games at the weekend and not stressing to get to G2. I didn’t rage once (which is odd for me 😂).

Packed IF Azpilicueta, Jordi Alba and Thiago Silva in one pack. Got Azpilicueta (again) David and White in my TOTW pack. Jamie Vardy in my last pack too.

Brought it back again to 4-4 in playoffs but then connection went for the final game, so just missed out on qualifying. If I didn’t lose my head in the first 4 games I prob wouldve easily qualified.

when do the squad battle rewards come out? I thought they’d be there at 9am.

edit: found answer, will get them at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I got my rewards when I logged in just now.

Second week in a row where I narrowly missed out on elite 1. Was 1500 points ahead at 1am and thought that would be enough.

Can't complain though as I got Rashford so made around 125k in total. Now if only prices could rise so I can get rid of my Maguires and IF Dzekos.

• Advertisement

Just got mine too. Gold 1. Absolutely feck all worth talking about in them. Pointless.

Would definitely have hit elite if I had a few more hours.

Advertisement