Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heavyweight Boxing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,714 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Absolute barnburner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What a fight tonight will be, 2 absolute savages bringing to an end an epic trilogy, their 1st fight was immense. These 2 have made the heavyweight division great again. Unlike the boring Joshua. I hope Fury wins I suppose but like Wilder too. I think Fury will win it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brutal knockout. I really hope someone close to Cheeseman doesn’t let him fight too many more times. He’s had multiple wars already, feel bad for him cause he’s a very skilled boxer but just has no defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I hear wilder is going with new gloves after seeing fury has the horse hair type and he wants the same

The internet isn’t for everyone

Scary end! Williamson always looked stronger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Annoying how the fight is on so late in the UK/Ire

Fuck Las Vegas being 8 hours behind.

Have the fight in MSG and have the main event at 8pm local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Pretty good card on BT sports as well at the moment. Johnson and Amaliav fighting at the moment. Never heard of either but they’re having a tear up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭reclose

Great fight that with Cheeseman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Any tips on how to buy via BT website. I have VPN on but it’s saying uk credit card is needed?

About to be another home town decision here.

• Advertisement

Ian St Lewis with a score of 99-92... The other two had a 95 each draw and 96-94 for local lad who was more than relieved. Joke as usual. Not a mark on the Russian.

Hoping for a Fowler win. Smith fighting dirty already.

Smith bashed in round 1..

Cracking first round from Fowler, very composed, set everything up nicely with a nice stiff jab.

Smith looks goosed

What was Andy Lee on about saying Fowler was fighting Smiths fight. Fowler has looked so comfortable and the boss so far.

Fowler is done here it seems. Christ the smith brothers are so unlikable, Paul smith screaming at fowler after he got knocked down.

Fowler’s gas tank will be the issue!

• Advertisement

Would love if Fowler won.

Cunningham Foster on here now on my second rate show haha! Europeana and British belts on the line. Would like to see Cunningham winning but I can’t see it. He’s had a shockin unlucky time of it.

I think he lacks a bit of a brain as well, gets dragged into a fight too often.

Kind of quit there. Didn’t want to let ref know.

Foster is 4 up here but he/s jjust asked his corner what round it is and told them his eyes are a bit patchy... Drama coming?

Yeah he was done there, let the ref wave it off.

Just saw on twitter that Fowler got stopped. God he’s frustrating. Scraped through the last fight Is aw him in and half wanted to be there. Should he retire?

• Advertisement

Yeah he really is frustrating, fundamentally he has a good base, really nice jab, seems to have some power and puts his punches together well. He just lacks a boxing brain and his defence isn’t great, add in that he doesn’t seem built for a hard twelve rounds and seems to lack the stones for it, I think he will always struggle against anyone decent.

That’s it in a nutshell pal. I think he has real fan appeal but he never seems to want to know when it gets hard.

This is turning into a good contest. I think Foster is ahead 5-2 but Cunningham won the last 2 for me.

Foster deducted a point and has a cut beside right eye. Turning into a great scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Fowler isn't even that bad just doesn't have the tank. 6 round fighter. Badly needs to move to middleweight and stop draining himself on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Pretty good card on DAZN/Matchroom there this evening to be fair. Fowler started well but Smith just a level above and ground him down until he got the stoppage. Andy Lee remains a level above on comms too. Gives great insight.

• Advertisement

Cunningham likely has won the 11th but I think Foster had a 3 round cushion. Last round coming up. Without a knockdown I think it’s gonna be Foster. Really good fight though. Foster much neater, looks like a good prospect. Cunningham really hanging in well though.

Not a shot thrown in the final 20 seconds. Cunningham stopped and put his hands in the air. Carl Frampton has it by 3 for Foster. I’m one less than that 2 for Foster. Wilted a bit and an awful lot of holding in the last 2 rounds.

Here we go to the judges, if noting else, I’m happy that I’ve given this fight an almighty plug!!

Very narrow on 2 cards. 116-112 on the other.

WOW!!

Cunningham got it! haha I don’t believe it. I was sure I was gonna be writing Foster. From the deduction on he was the better fighter but early rounds so cagey. Glad enough for foster after all the holding. He was classy enough to push home the advantage without that. Commentators all punting for Foster.

I’m so glad I didn’t waste my time rootin for Anthony Fowler tonight Id have been livid with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wasn't long ago Mick Conlan hardly lost a second of his fight to Jason Cunningham. Some run he's been on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Any idea what time fury fight is on, im in 2 minds wether to stay up or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

FlashScore says 3am. Commentators just said an hour or 2 away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wilder round 4 or Fury in 6 or 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone else on sky and it won’t play?

• Advertisement

That was short.

Ok, working now...I had to book/order it again. I ordered it days ago and got a confirmation it was ordered....tried it and would not play/work. Just ordered it again and now it's playing

Cheers. Odd. Hope not double charged..

Anyway, will worry about that another time.

Some start from Helenius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

this finnish lad is a beast. looks like he hits like a train

Left eye in serious trouble.

• Advertisement

He was gone there only for the low blow. Kow survival abilty is ok but other than that he’s very unimpressive.

Advertisement