Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dirty people

• 06-10-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

I currently houseshare with someone who doesn't wash his hands at all. Even after using the bathroom.

I work with people who also can't wash their hands despite covid posters on hand washing in front of them. One person who came from a food background, so should be HACCP trained but splashes her hands with water.

There should be a handwashing course that employers give to every employee, similar to how they have to give manual handling and fire safety courses.

Makes me sick with so much stupid people. Just wash your hands!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭timmyntc

A few germs here and there are good for you - keeps your immune system on its toes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Depends what you mean by germs. Shït isn't good for you. Typhoid Mary was a great example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Get over yourself.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

Typhoid Mary was not because the woman didnt wash her hands!

Dirty fückers never seem to realise they are dirty fückers. Oblivious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I work in a manufacturing environment. I can't get my head around lads working on the floor with the same t-shirt on all week. I work in the office and often have to go out to the floor. New shirt everyday regardless. Then again, I cycle most days to and from. Even still, I have a shirt for cycling and a shirt for working in. I'm by no means a clean freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The “anti vaccine/mask” types will be along shortly to tell you that you can’t force them to clean their hands, blah blah blah civil liberties and then explain that, for some reason, filthy hands are healthier.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Dirty mingers will be dirty mingers.

There was a fella worked in our place who was known for not washing his hands after going to the toilet. Even after having a dump.

When he was leaving he went to shake my hand. No fcking way would I be having it.

anti-vaccine/mask types must live in your head rent free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 deeznuts420

Ah here, do you have a completely fucked immune system or an irrational fear of germs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I saw my cousin use a public toilet once and he didnt wash his hands. He ate a roll straight after. I lost all respect I had for the dirty tramp after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭CutieD

I am not making excuses for the man in your house share but seriously a lot of men are useless and these things like buying soap doesn't register with them. They just don't think of these things. Behind many a man will be a woman that looks after so much like laundry and ironing. Not for all men but many.

I have similar experiences to you with others and a lack of hygiene and cough manners. It's so annoying. We are at a point in the pandemic where people are mixing more and hygiene is so important jot just with covid but for other viral infections and bacterial infections too.

I agree with your suggestion about sending every worker on a hygiene course similar to manual handling however it leaves out people who are not in the workforce and I think hygiene campaign ads should be used.

Have you considered contacting the HSE on twitter or Facebook or other another avenue like email to tell them about your experiences and request if they are interested in implementing hygiene ads similar to the RSA ads. The RSA have powerful ads on different aspects of driving. I think the hse should be doing similar ads. Eg

- If you don't wash your hands there is potential for sickness and spread of viruses and bacteria from improper hygiene and show someone getting sick.

Post edited by CutieD on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Or just wash your hands like you were told from 4 years old onwards and engage the faculty of basic self-awareness, which any self-respecting adult should have.....or you know F**K everyone else and let them catch whatever and see how that goes again. Plenty of juicy germs to be had out in the public why invite more into the places where you spend the most time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have yet to see a builder wash his hands after the cubicle or even a p!ss, im sure some do but in all my jobs in offices and factories, whenever builders are contracted for some work, they march straight into the jacks, leave it an absolute disgrace then walk out. And im talking men in their 30s and older too. Bewildering how some people were reared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What do you think he does, slide down a bannister?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It's spitters and hocklers I can't stand, especially when they do it when there's people around. They have no shame whatsoever.

It's not going to change. Some people just won't wash their hands or get vaccinated. Best to just not try and think about it.

If you kept thinking for example, of how the people who prepare and handle your takeaway food are behaved , you'd drive yourself mad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Someone doesn't wash after using WC? Don't share popcorn with them. 😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Ahh thats nothing. I worked on several sites in around Dublin back around the turn of the Millennium and some of the things ive seen was absolutely rank disgusting.

Im talking about going up to en-suites and bathrooms which were not finished and finding bottles with yellow liquid in them left everywhere. Toilet cisterns (cisterns not just the actual toilet bowl) been pissed into as well, and some still to be tested with water.

God if only the owners ever knew this kind of stuff that went on before they moved into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Maybe he would have washed his hands if he hadn't been in such a rush to get out of there and away from the weirdo watching him have a shite 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Covid.

All the pubs were closed. There wasn't much in the line of alternative entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

There should be a mind your own business course, why does it even bother you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Pictured yesterday, a dirty person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Not your business tbh. Move on or rent your own private space. That’s what shared accommodation is all about

In my work place, there is 1 guy and he smells really bad of stale sweat. He gets a bus to work and has 15 mins to walk after getting off the bus.

The smell is unbearable. Even when sitting beside him in the office.. he stretches out his arms and the smell gets even worse! i could almost puke!

Also when he is in canteen when he leaves the table I can find the scene of stale sweat in the air, which put s me off eating my lunch!

The Supervisors are aware of his poor Hygiene... BUT nothing has been done about it..

So what could i do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

My wife’s brother is a complete smellbag. He has a great job, earns easily €100k a year, and travels (travelled before COVID) business class everywhere. But he smells like a brown bin. Absolutely desperate smell off him at all times. His company lost out on some big contract and at a family dinner it was brought up how upset he was and I asked was it because he didn’t wash himself before he went to meet the client. Apparently the rest of his family are just immune to it after so many years so there was no laughter when I mentioned it.

disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Dynomutt

bad smell not the only indication of poor hygiene. Illness might be another reason of bad smell. Ask to visit GP perhaps he could give better advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That's just a dirty fecker, and don't tar all workmen with one brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There is a local fella who goes to a lot of GAA matches that is the most unhygienic man I know.

He is obese and somehow squeezes himself into a Nissan Micra which in itself is a humorous sight. He has yellow stains on the side of his mouth and on his fingers, and wears the same tattered, cow-shite splattered clothes to every match. The thing about him is that he is very knowledgeable of the game and is a great supporter of his club, he is just a slob that doesn't look after himself. He also has a daughter that travels to some of the games with him who you'd think would have a word with him but seemingly is as oblivious as he is. Must be fairly yuck in close quarters in the Micra.

I understand this advice and unfortunately it is absolutely disgusting, it's like for your own peace of mind you need to try and not let it bother you and make sure you wash all cooking utensils before you use them!!

My housemates don't understand the difference between a tea towel and a hand towel. They are all mid 20's too early 30's and they'd only ignore me if I explained it to them. I think it's wrank drying your hands, wiping your hands with the same towel you dry the ware with.

Or my housemates use my hand towel in the bathroom. I wouldn't keep it in my bedroom as I think you should dry your hands there and then. A part of it is that in a shared accommodation others don't want to pay up anything.

• Advertisement

I think in relation to a work situation if there's a covid officer it can be said to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And what's with how some folks actually wash their hands? Wet your fooking hands first....this nonsense of applying the handwash and then wetting the hands

all the handwash disappears before you have even started to wash

Or someone in work will wet her hands, apply soap and washes soap off straight away. 2 second job and she's done. No hand rubbing at all.

Makes me feel sick thinking how she came from a food background. I thought employees of food establishments have to be HACCP trained and that includes proper hand washing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I used to work in a restaurant where there were male and female customer toilets. The soap in the female toilets was topped up every few days. The soap in the male toilets was topped up every few weeks...

But a woman has to touch a toilet door and toilet flusher to have a p*ss, a man doesn't.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He has to touch his dick, though.

He also has to touch the main bathroom door, unless you frequent some strange public places with doorless bathroom facilities...

If that's bad how come we all have kids or do you afraid to get pregnant by touching the door? Lol

So you expect a woman to flush her piss but not a guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

Pre-pandemic I used to be of the school of thought that everyone should be exposed to some germs to build their immune system etc.

Totally changed my mind now for the simple reason that since the mask wearing and hand sanitising came in I haven't had one cough or cold.

You've heard of this invention called a urinal, yes?

Scrap the cap!

So what? it's his own dick, it's not going to have anyone else's germs on it unless it's been up somewhere dirty!

Hold dick with right hand, open and close door with left hand, no problem.

BTW if he does wash his hands, he still has to touch the toilet door handle on the way out...

Some places have a hook on the bottom of the door so you can pull it open with your foot. These should have been there already tbh but in the covid era, should be universal.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

You've heard of splashback, yes? Urinals are disgusting.

Could part of the reason be that women need to go more than men? I'm fortunate enough that I rarely have to use public toilets at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't believe people are trying to excuse men from washing their hands after having a slash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

The weirdest is the suggestion that "it's your own dick" - as if that somehow makes it acceptable not to wash your hands after handling it. Like even after a pandemic, there are still grown adults out there who don't realise that you're not just washing your hands for your own safety.

• Advertisement
Advertisement