Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Marathon Oct 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Anyone leaving it late and flying into Manchester, they bus you from the plane to the terminal and there can be delays if you’re unlucky but you can’t just dash off the plane you have no choice but to get on the bus to the terminal

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Any arrival from Ireland irrespective of carrier.

unless they’ve changed it in the last 10 days.

they do it to bypass passport control

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

what are peoples plans for nutrition ?

i mean in terms of the day before and also morning of and also during event

in two minds about bringing food with me (pre cooked pasta) on the plane on sat night or else trying to get something in hotel or around MCR on the sat night, if anyone has any recommendations of places to eat that would be good, or maybe i could order from deliveroo to the hotel. not sure what to do

prob just get breakfast in hotel, am sure theyll have porridge and bagels there given the weekend thats in it!

i know there are gel stations along the way but i will carry my own in belt, not worth the risk of trying to stop and ending up with some new flavours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

I'm bringing my own gels just so I dont have stress about that so close to the event as well. Other than that I'm to hit up a pizza place as my meal before.

It will be google or deliveroo like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anbocmorrua

I'm in too. I'm a bit peeved about the last-minute change of the start time but there's no going back now. This'll be my first run at this distance and I can already feel the stomach tightening. For those of you not UK-resident, NHS lateral flow tests can be picked up for free in many pharmacies.

got my own gels too and deliveroo of pasta to the room on sat night it is!

the transport strikes on sunday are a pain. it looks like picadilly to old trafford is still operating which is where i need to go but reduced capacity so will add an extra 30 min to my journey to be on the safe side. wonder if they are strict with starting waves if you were a bit early.

Post edited by Naked Lepper on

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anbocmorrua

Transport will be an issue with the strike and all those runners. I plan to leave for the start early and hang around so maybe that late start time will prove to be fortuitous. ITO food could you not smuggle a ready meal or pasta salad onto the plane with you just in case? I'm going to have my own supply of Flavanahan's oats just in case.

Weather is looking absolutely perfect for Sunday!

• Advertisement

getting close now! all the best to everyone running, looking forward to seeing the reports afterwards

been feeling run down all week and no energy so hopefully today and tomorrow i get a bit of a boost. excited now though!

my first time traveling to do a marathon and only my 3rd attempted after dublin 18 and 19. it will make a change from the usual going straight to the airport bar for pints anyway lols

does anyone know if we need to do anything for locator forms for uk? i don't think you do from ireland but ryanair sent an email and when you click on UK it brings you to locator forms. fairly sure we just need covid cert and passport and thats it!

Manchester industrial action on public transport has been called off

Another little bonus for those traveling on trams this weekend

The day has finally arrived, best of luck everyone!

I'm #6771 if anyone is following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Anyone have a link to the tracker? Thought I had it but keeps showing an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Feck. Guess I'll just have to wait for Strava updates then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Even Strava is slow this morning. It is always slow on Sunday mornings because of all the uploads, but my run on is still not up there 20 minutes after having been saved to Garmin Connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Poxy tracker.

Just hope Healy gets the run his training deserves 🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

https://youtu.be/bK5EmRN8Tw8

Live stream here

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Im watching this too, the fancy shoes make some old clatter on the tarmac all the same! Thankfully the zoomX will be saving the legs from the harsh slaps 🤣

I haven't spotted anybody locally "famous" on the feed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Unfortunatly a bad day for Johnny.

What a day, what a race. Hanson I love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Just saw Laineyfrecks crossing the finishing line on the Stream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Aw damnit, I was watching for ages for her and then I had to go do something and I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Well I really hope it was her now.I'm 99% certain it was. I still havn't seen a strava update yet and the website is a mare today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

She might be waiting to upload until she is ready to title it. That's what I often do! I'm sure it was her.

Uploaded at last! A good day for lainey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Thanks all, I feel very proud right now. Not my A goal but realistically with my training slipping a bit over the last 2 months due to obvious reasons (that i didn't want to admit!!) I am very happy getting sub 3:30😊

Now to celebrate with my amazing girls & bf's 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭healy1835

Advertisement