Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your rothar worth as a percentage of your car or primary motor vehicle?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Car 15k

Road bike 1- 2500

Road Bike 2 - 250

Drinking bike - 50

crap at math, gonna take a guess at 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

287%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I never see the point of this comparison really. It all depends on the individual's situation- do you live in a city & have far less need for a vehicle maybe, are you a 'petrol-head', do you have a company car, do you think a vehicle is just something to get you from a to b and don't care about the style, comfort etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Car was €29,100 new. Carbon bike was €1,500 plus €400 wheels. Ebike was €3,000 plus €500 wheels and saddle.

17% without the wheels, 21% with.

Car is 8% value of the house, whatever that means :)

In terms of current value? Hard to say, I don't think there's any value in selling my 2016 Canyon Endurace. I've had it 5 years so I've had it long enough to justify the €1,500 purchase yet it's very low mileage so I need to hang onto it at least another 5 years...

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Up until recently I only bought cheap cars, so my good bike was worth way more than the car (not the reason for buying cheap cars...honest!) but recently spent 6k on a decent-ish car which is probably about the value of my bike collection (4 road bikes, 1 MTB)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm not smart enough to calculate a simple percentage so it's safe to say there's no hope of me being in a house worth that much haha. 8%!

I think you'd struggle to find a house worth €36m here! You'd have plenty of space for bikes though...

Advertisement