Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How do you find Vinicius? I have him but barely ever put him in my team.

I hadnt played since my last post, but since I had already qualified for the weekend league I dragged myself on late last night to play a few games.

The moment that sums up how every game played(win and lose) was a cross to Toney, I'm hitting shoot to head it.. he chests it,then takes a touch and at this point is almost in the goal, the space is smothered and the ball hits off Sarr next and goes away from his goal. Two extra touches beyond doing what you were trying to do.

It's just not enjoyable at all with the performance, I doubt I'll bother trying to qualify for next weekend.

As an aside i got Di Natale in the pack i opened(Cucherlla OTW as well), surprised he's going for nearly a million, assumed he would be a bit less.

There seems to be a bug with the TOTW pack.

Im pretty sure it said one card. But it gave me the TOTW versions of the two players I had picked so I have two of them(hardly a coincidence) and the pack gave Azpilicueta.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,119 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

market value is a fair reflection on generally how effective a player is, Vinicius would seem to be one of the more valued players at the moment (his TOTW version i mean)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am starting to realise just how much of a time sink FUT is!

Got to get your squad battles done by Sunday morning, then you have to get your Rivals done by Thurs morning. Play the WL, then do your SBCs. It's never ending!

And if you don't do it, you'll fall behind fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Enjoying using him… rapid down the left side. Played 4321 with him and now currently 4231 with him as the LAM. I think he’s got 80ish contributions in 76 games which isn’t half bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,119 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its relentless, i wasted too much time this year, thats why im skipping most of the content this year as everyone ends up with a god team eventually anyway and im not good enough to worry about getting incrementally better players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Too true!! You can slog it out all year or just log in in May and get a god squad in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FUT is set up that you either have to invest time or invest money. Your choice, basically.

One thing I feel this year though is that pack luck seems a lot better (at least in personal experience), and the lack of coins has made the market way cheaper overall (I saw a reddit thread saying there's only 15 rare gold cards worth more than 100k currently, which is insane for this time of the year).

Beyond the initial investment though, I do feel pack luck this year is a lot better. Like, entirely from upgrade packs and objective packs, I can field a team of...

Kane

Sterling - KdB - Hazard

Frenkie DeJong - Wijnaldum

Mendy - OTW Varane - VVD - Trippier

DDG

For this stage of the game, that's a very, very strong team. That's without putting in the likes of Pogba that I got for my money invested too. I've not had to buy a single player off the market, and it's also ignoring the multiple 85+s I've packed (Cavani a few times, FDJ a second time, Handanovic, Skrinrar). Drop rates seem to be strong if you invest the time this year (Which hasn't always been true...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

30 IF Tchouameni's bought at 10500, 30 sold for 15k. 112,500 profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Similar profit for me if I sell my Kroos's......think I'll wait for his price range to increase though

Were you just lucky cause he played well for France or does that sort of buy go up usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Now is the wrong time to be cashing out on any investments imo. The Market is in the toilet so any profits are going to be on the low side. If you can be patient just wait for the first batch of Icon SBCs to drop and every IF and 85+ card will be hitting max BIN.

Well he's one of the best midfielders in the French league and he was going for discard so seemed a solid investment to me. I have him in my team too, he's class.

Not sure yet will have a look at this week's TOTW on Wednesday and buy when rewards/promo packs come out as that's when they're the cheapest.

82 IFs won't go up that much anyways. I'll take the profit and invest into something else. Usually people hold out but the time they take to actually rise instead of taken the profit and investing it elsewhere isn't worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been 3 days since I finished my WL and still haven't gotten my red picks

OTW Malen up to 23k instant buy now so will have a good bit of profit off him too. All bought for 19k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

They’re either going to have to find some way to inflate the market, or make their SBCs cheaper. Looked at the requirements for FB Umtiti before I saw the face stats……..there are better CB’s on the market for less than half that price.

There was literally a FIFA 21 Umtiti SBC 6 weeks ago

The packs you get back from Umtiti are tragic too, the 85 squad gives a Mixed Players Pack, that's 4 Gold 4 Silver 4 Bronze with 1 Rare, an 85 rated squad for a 1 in 3 chance of even getting a rare gold card.

• Advertisement

I call this piece "what if we were good when we played for Liverpool"

First team pic of the year for the lads, aren't they all looking well.

Honourable mention to the boys on the bench, 5 of which are untradeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Jesus Redzer, start posting your trading tips a bit earlier will ya? 😂 That's a stacked team to have in week 3 of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Qualified for my first weekend league in fifa 22- can you choose what weekend you want to enter? Quite busy this weekend. thought the playoffs were a sweaty slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Really struggling to find 2 strikers I want to use (ideally one should be able to play at CAM too).

Can't afford Robbie Keane or Solskjaer. Would love to have Milito, but he'd take every coin I have. Tempted by POTM Benzema, as I have an untradeable Valverde and untradeable OTW Alaba. 140K seems like a lot for a player who doesn't have 80 pace and will be guaranteed better cards soon as he's in unreal form.

Currently have Dybala and Haaland.

Running Kane and Vardy myself, but heavily tempted to swap out Vardy for Lukaku. The latter constantly kills me everytime I face him…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I find that Werner is very, very effective against me in Rivals. Might try to buy him to see but I already have Immobile who seems similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If you’re swaying towards Benz, his IF is half the price and tradeable with minimal difference between the two.

Did 15 of the 78+ upgrades. Best pulls were Reus and Bernardo Silva.

be well set for Icon Swaps anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Into division 4 in Rivals now and pretty much going 1 win, 1 loss constantly.

Said I'd give the WL playoffs another go and again finished 3-5 this time around with one of the wins being a free win.

I'm by no means a good player, but with a 50%-ish win/loss record in divison 4 I thought I'd be far more competitive in the playoffs, but I'm miles off the pace.

That said, there is something very odd about the matchmaking. It's supposed to be based on ELO, the same as WL, but at 1-4 I matched a player who gave me a free win from kick-off. He was obviously already after hitting his 5 wins as why else would he give away a win without being qualified, so at -3 ELO I matched up against someone who was at the very least +1!

In addition to that, after I lost a game to go 1-3, I messaged my opponent to ask him what his playoff record and he replied that said win moved him to 4-1. So I was -2 ELO playing someone +2. Now he could have been lying but based on the fact 1) he hammered me and 2) would have no reason to lie to a stranger on the internet, I'm taking his word for it.

I'm probably not doing myself any favours entering on a Monday night either, so I think I'll try to build up the points again during the week and maybe give the playoffs a shot on Saturday morning when most of the better players will likely already be getting stuck into their 20 WL games.

Advertisement