Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'd still like to see if he could regain his previous form with us but if he went and we replaced him adequately then I wouldn't complain. The lad needs games, badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m sure we’d all love to see him recapture his previous form but his best traits were his athleticism and explosiveness on the ball which sort of unlocked the rest of his game and glossed over the fact that his technique isn’t at an elite level (still quite good of course). That athleticism seems to have all but vanished since the injury against Roma and while he can still pop up with a brilliant goal or assist here and there, he has to adapt to a new way of playing football and it’s unlikely that he’ll ever be that effective again.

And even then, he’s still very injury prone so you can never rely on keeping him fit for a long spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I would like him to rediscover that, of course. He did have a brilliant set of skills, that would still be beneficial to the team - burst of pace, energy, direct, has good drive and a good shot from distance. He seems like a great lad too.

But I can't help remember that performance off the bench against Leipzig last year, which was the worst sub appearance I've seen in a long long time. He flattered to deceive a lot in those other sub appearances around that time in February/March in general. The worrying thing is, can you trust Ox to put in a performance now for 60 odd mins from the start? Poor against Norwich in the league, worse against them in the cup & hasn't really been seen a whole lot else this season. It's all well and good saying to give him a few starts to play him into form but if he puts in a shocker of a performance in midfield, it may cost Liverpool the game and you can't start him again in the next game.

It's been a long time since that Atletico game where he was great, let alone his 17/18 form. Maybe a start against Watford with the depleted midfield options is possible, but if he doesn't show up in that start, he won't be playing Man Utd the week after and maybe not another start at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The 2 Brazil lads will be going straight to Spain after the Brazil game on Friday morning and meet up with the team there ahead of the Athletico Madrid game next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ox had two very serious injuries there is no way he gets anywhere near his previous best without playing regular football , He plays a few minutes every few weeks wit us its impossible for the lad to find form again

It would have helped us & him if he was loaned out and played every week, If he got back to his best brilliant bring him back if not let him move on ,

Unfortunately if Matip stays fit Joe Gomez might have the same issues in for a game out for 3 isn't ideal for CB like Joe

It's extremely rare for a player in their mid 20s to go on loan, and then return to their parent club and be an important first team player. If you are 25/26 and going on loan, that's a sure sign you're not really wanted at the club anymore, generally speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Talk now of Ousmane Dembele joining from Barca in the summer on a bosman. Mercurial talent, shocking injury record, will probably want huge wages, but no transfer fee obviously.

Would be terrific competition for front 3 if he could be relied upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If we are actually interested, we should loan him off Barca in January and cover his wages. Would at least get a sense of him then. With Barca's wage cap getting slashed even more, they could really do with getting him off their wage bill asap so they can fill some gaps, and he'd be a great boost for the second half of the season - both in covering for the lads at Afcon while they're away, and in letting them get a few more rests after they get back from a hectic schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I be more worried about Dembele's attitude than his injury record, When you read stories that he constantly turns up late for training because he is playing video games all night and that he has other behavior issues and these stories come from both club and international teams.

• Advertisement

i agree its not something that happen often but with a guy with 2 back to back injuries it would be ideal , He's never going to find his best form with us he won't get the game time needed ,

If he's never going to find his best form, or even get regular starting game time at Liverpool, then he should be sold.

Then he should have been sold but like Origi & Philips he'll waste another year at the club ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Worth a gamble on a free transfer definitely, very young still. Lol £110m Barca paid for him

looks like Jota is going to be sent back to Liverpool with a muscle injury as he can’t train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Dembele is a disaster off field and we should avoid him at all costs. If he goes out of contract at Barca, he'd be a 'free' transfer who's opening position in contract negotiations will be well north of £200k a week plus a substantial signing on fee spread out over the life of the contract. He's not gonna sign for £50k and appearance money (and even at that, I'd be reserved). Rather than gamble hundreds of thousands a week on him, it'd be better to chuck it at Salah to keep him here until he's 34.

• Advertisement

Let’s not forget that Klopp has some personal experience of Dembele’s stupid behaviour, he trashed Klopp’s home when he rented it.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/news-the-time-ousmane-dembele-trashed-jurgen-klopps-house-in-dortmund-20181114.amp.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We're in a nice sort of position really with these kinds of things, where Klopp clearly puts so much stock in people's character that there's little enough chance of him bringing in a fella who'll cause trouble.

So if someone like that were to join, we could feel pretty alright that Klopp saw enough to feel like they'd grown up a bit or whatever.

It's nice to be able to just not really worry about that issue at least - so just the financials to crib about really :)

Yeah if FSG could start spending some of that €10 I used to buy a Liverpool mug in Sports Direct a couple of years ago, that’d be great. F**king cheapskates.

😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

What sort of a cobbled together team are we going to be able to field against Watford?

Have we got an injury crisis already, worst case will be no Fabinho, Alisson, Firmino, Thiago, Jota, Trent, I'm sure I'm forgetting others?

I think Trent & Firmino will play.

My guess would be something like this:

Kelleher

Trent VVD Matip Robbo

Hendo Keita Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

With not much sub options - Tsimikas - CBs - Jones - Ox - Origi - Taki.

• Advertisement

Kelleher,

Milner Matip VVD Robbo

Hendo

Jones Naby

Mo Bobby Mane,

Ok, I'm not up to speed on the Firmino situation, is he not away with Brazil and in the same predicament as Fabinho and Alisson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

No Firminio wasn't called up the squad this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Perfect time for Kelleher to start tonight, should set him up nicely for the weekend.

Lucky he has the friendly and won't be going in cold.

Mane played the full game in Senegal's 1-3 win this afternoon.

Naby Lad, Tsimikas, Robbo & Hendo all involved tonight.

Jota send home injured.

Minamino played 78 minutes as Japan beat Australia 2-1

Kelleher, Tsimikas, Robbo, Naby Lad all start & Connor Bradley starts for the North in midfield.

Hendo on the bench for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Judging by the first 15 minutes, he could get a cold this evening, Qatar haven't gotten into our half yet and are 2 down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Sure, I get that but if we get him on loan it gives him a chance to embrace Klopps work ethic. If he does happy days, if not, thanks but off you go back to Barca.

No real downside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Disrupts the dressing room. Takes opportunities away from players who aren't twats. Barca will want his wages covered and possibly a loan fee, so it would still cost us a consequential amount of money, even as a loan. Klopp's good, but he's not a magician. He hasn't transformed Keita into a workaholic and didn't even bother trying with Balotelli - he has his limits. And even if Klopp somehow does screw Dembele's head back on properly, he could just as easily end up back at Barca, or his value will increase and price us out of a permanent move, as end up here as an effective long term replacement for Mane.

All in all, just not worth it. There are better things to do with the money, such as: Give it to Salah or Mane to keep them here longer. Pick up a promising youngster from somewhere. Or even take a punt on someone like Knight to provide an extra body in midfield if the midfielders we have keep picking up niggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Okay ticket forum gone so couldn't think of anywhere else to post.

What are the best travel agents to use for ticket packages for Liverpool Home games to take a Liverpool supporting parent.

He's come with me to Highbury and Emirates and can't take him in away section.

So any suggestions

Appreciate it

Thanks

Must win game on Saturday morning with a huge and testing week ahead

We need 3 points against Watford especially given its United away after that as the next Prem game,

Still feel hard done by letting two wins escape us in the last two games

Talk of Joao Felix on loan i'd prefer that than Dembele,

He has lost his way a bit at Madrid but still only 21

Jota being fit is a big, welcome surprise.

I still think Bobby will start, but it's nice to have the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Thiago back doing individual training so hopefully he might make it back for the utd game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Are Liverpool going to be under pressure to buy homegrown players next summer, u could have Nat Philips, Milner, Ox, Neco Williams potentially leaving all homegrown

Kelleher

Trent

Gomez

Hendo

Jones

Then I presume they can use Rhys Williams or Elliot if they need to. In addition to the players you mentioned if they stay. Can see now why Bowen was linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

They could do with getting a homegrown 3rd choice keeper in place of Adrian aswell

Would Bellingham be home grown i presume so ?

Also what about Haaland wasn't he born in England and lived there till about 3 does that count ?

Madueke from PSV is another decent homegrown option, a young and pacey winger who'd probably suit the team's style pretty well. Wouldn't be as expensive buying an English player from a Dutch club either.

Bellingham would be ideal, but even Max Aarons as cover for Trent would be a useful homegrown signing.

A BVB double Bellingham & Reyna.

Joining Elliott and Jones there is a strong four in the midfield for the next decade just need to find a young replacement for Fab then.

Replacing Fabinho will be a near-impossible task when the time comes, I dread the thought of it.

La Liga has postponed games this weekend that involves players who will be returning late from international duty in South America this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

So Atleti have a nice rest weekend before playing us 😡

Liverpool had asked to move their game with Watford to later the same day and it was rejected straight away. Can't even move a game a few hours in the PL but other leagues will move games very easily easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Think it was up to Watford and they said no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

LA Liga are always very accommodating like that. They regularly move or change games to suit teams in European competitions midweek.

The Premier league and the FA could learn a thing or two from them.

Sky and BT and the TV schedule run the league really as they pay the money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement