Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Brazil have a game the day before week 8 so there's hard to see a way Raphinha playing that game. It's putting me off bringing him in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Current WC side now looking like this:;

Sanchez Ramsdale

TAA White Rudiger Cancelo Livramento

Salah Saka Raphinha Benrahama Townsend

Lukaku Antonio Jimenez

Might bring in Alonso/Chilwell for TAA if we find out some clear info on one of them definitely starting. Can buy back TAA then next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wildcard active

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Evening al….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Wc time baby

• Advertisement

Initial draft, not sure on Christensen, Sarr, Sissoko and Toney but fairly set on the rest. Need to decide on whether to go 442 or 343. Christensen/Toney could become Bamford/Duffy if Bamford is fit

Ramsdale Foster

TAA Rudiger Cancelo Christensen Livramento

Salah Sarr Raphinia Saka Sissoko

Lukaku Antonio Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Vardy and Son are returning and probably should be looking to fit at least one of them into a WC team imo.

Yeah been trying to fit Son in but can get it to work yet. Keeping an eye on Nacho also, could be my 3rd striker if he holds his place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was playing with a big at the back build. Don't hate it but it's a bit all over the place if I needed to suddenly fit in Vardy or Son

Lots of points will be left on the bench there I'd fear

• Advertisement

Yeah I've went from a non playing bench to spreading them around too much. Will tinker a bit during the IB, haven't pressed the button yet.

Hwang lots set to rise which would price me out of that already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You'd almost need an extra attacking fodder to take away some benching decisions. Presumably you'd be playing 4/5 defenders each week with that setup.

Yeah that would be the idea. After looking at some drafts on Twitter Son seems like the popular pick. Might revamp it and follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Lukaku was horrendous saturday wasnt in the game at all hes been playing poor for weeks so Im going with vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Could you do ederson for ramsdale and Liveramento for Dias so you still have double city defence without playing 5 defenders? Liveramento has a good run of fixtures coming up so would be a perfect first sub

Was he that bad? I only watched the highlights and saw a good goal just offside, a nice little back heel for a potential assist and hit the post where he should have scored. Also was just behind Werner ready to tap it in if he didn’t so taking up the right position.

I felt better about the captain blank after watching it. Not saying he played world class but horrendous seems strong, especially from an fpl POV.

He wasn't horrendous, but he wasn't what you would be hoping for from a captain, If you compare him to say Werner, Werner was involved a lot more imo and looked sharper. I wouldn't be selling Rom, given his fixtures especially with Norwich on the horizon, but I don't think I would be like some folk who are blindly captaining him for the next few GW's, expecting him to score purely based on his fixtures, he needs form, and probably the right service, I mentioned in another thread, would it be mad to think of doubling up on Werner/Rom - if you knew they would both start? something to ponder

Just taking a look at price structure and I think that a 3rd 10m+ player (assuming everyone has Salah and Lukaku/Ronaldo) is a better approach than going big at the back.

With an expensive back line (I've seen some with double City and double Chelsea for example) it means if one of Son, Vardy or Ronaldo/Lukaku or even Kane end up being 'essential' it would be very hard to get them in. It would take at least three transfers, as two defenders would need to go to release the funds.

If you have Son for example, and Vardy kicks off while Son stagnates, then its two transfers.

I do think Son is the one to have, His form last year and even this season is a joke - he returns so much, double digit scores for fun. Vardy is on a great run atm, but would you say there are legs left in him, or have most of us missed the boat with him?

The thing about Vardy is he tends to get a lot of 7 point goals as he gets max bonus a fair bit when he scores. He's also a big game player and loves a goal against Top 6 teams, so Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea could actually be 'good' fixtures for him!

I agree on Son, but just wondering if Salah, Son, Vardy is the way to go. Lukaku hasn't scored in 3 and Ronaldo, despite his early goals, hasn't been great in actual play. Yes, both could punish you, but thats the choice we have to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When Mount and James come back into the team Rom should get a lot more big chances.

I’m giving him the next 4 games and can reassess then and switch if needs be.

Vardy has a nice run of fixtures from weeks 13-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think it's probably worth it for the Norwich game if you already have Lukaku given how well Werner played on Saturday. United have Liverpool that week so Ronaldo to Werner could be on if you have him.

Didn’t see the full game unfortunately so can’t really comment on Werner. I would love a second Chelsea attacker for the Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley run but none are very appealing.

I see you mention Son in another thread and I might save a transfer this week then downgrade Ronaldo and upgrade a midfielder to Son, and just have Rudiger and Lukaku as my Chelsea guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ok here's what I'm on for the minute, think keeping trent and a strong bench is essential, especially as I'm risking Foden but want some city cover and easy switch out if doesn't do much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Terrible start to the season has me hitting the WC button already....

First Draft

Mendy (Foster)

Rudiger Cancelo Semedo (Pinnock, Duffy)

Son Salah Tielemans Gallagher Townsend

Lukaku Maupay (Davis)

Thoughts on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Gallagher has gone a bit off the boil apparently and I just never like Tielemens as fantasy asset.

Its not template though, which is good! I do like Maupay, but have been disappointed by him too many times!

Looking at the following at the moment

Ramsdale, (Foster)

TAA, Cancelo, Chilwell, White, Livramento

Saka, Raphina, Salah, Foden, Mbewmo

Hwang, Antonio, Lukaku

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

I've had maddison and Barnes this season and last and every week tielemans seems to be a BP magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I don't personally like the Chilwell pick. High points ceiling but too much of a rotation risk for my liking. Azpi or Rudiger 'safer' IMO, Reece James coming back from injury too I'd prefer over Chilwell.

Strong bench so maybe that negates the Chilwell pick but with Foden too always a risk. Similar(ish) to mine so I do like it.

Townsend might be a better pick than Mbuemo in short term but might give yourself a benching headache!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's why I went for the strong bench, as some potential benchings.

Totally agree on James and he's the one I want from that defence longer term, will need to listen to press conferences. However I did hear this week Chilwell very rarely comes on. Where as one point James is always a worry

Thanks for feedback

Post edited by Luxembourgo on

Advertisement